Corsair Obsidian 250D Thread

Would it be possible to fit a 7950 GIgabyte card in one of these? If so which mini atx board would be good for a am3+ socket and are there any itx boards with 4 ram stick slots?

Sorry there simply aren't any am3+ mini itx boards smallest you can go with that socket is micro atx. As for 4 ram slots I don't know of any boards have that but they would have to use laptop style sodimms to pull it off.

Man, that's a nice ITX case. Understated and unobtrusive. I like the ample space in there too. Liquid cooling in an ITX case with a full sized graphics card and power supply? Awesome!

would have thought a slimline drive bay might have been better. would give more room for other stuff

Gotta disagree 5.25" are so much easier and cheaper to come by.

Or just remove it completely as that would open up even more space ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Awesome but not enough expansion slots for my 2 gpus on a ITX board. Overwise it would be PERFECT!

Waiting for more reviews on H440 now :) Might be my next case

there are some Xigmatek cases that are probably smaller than this one but support mATX motherboards

there are some Xigmatek cases that are probably smaller than this one but support mATX motherboards

Examples? 

Asus Rampage IV Formula | i7 3820@4.3GHz | Asus GTX670 SLI | 16GB Kingston HyperX Black The Gathering edt. | H100 | 120GB Intel 330 | 240GB Intel 530 | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 4TB | CM Storm Stryker | Corsair CX750M

I love these little but wide cases, between this one and the CM HAF XB Cube I'd go for the CM one though it fit's µATX and is about 10 bucks cheaper. Still If Corsair makes an µATX version I'm in.

Or just remove it completely as that would open up even more space ;)

i had a really really smart idea.. its just so simple written it down so i dont forget it and ill try mock something up

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Not a bad case. If I were to go M-ITX this would be on my list! Only the optical could've gone away for me personally. But like.. They couldn't really put that space to much use anyway. Just watched TTL his review of this case. (where he stated that taller GPUs won't fit. Like the Asus ones) and I do absolutely like the case overall, well tought out - not to small. 

This is my case of choice to build my next PC with at the moment. Everyone does liquid cooling but I want to do an air cooled system to be different and a bit safe at the same time. Great review as always Linus!

There are still many people who go air cooled, just because you look on forums a lot where people like to show off their water cooled builds, does not mean that everyone is doing that. Out of my group off friends all aged around 18-30 I know of 1 person who has an AIO liquid cooler. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Nah, it's too cubic. It disturbs nice Obsidian aesthetic by not being rectangular, but square-ish.

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

how would you compare this to a bitfenix prodigy? they are essentially the same thing but this one to me looks a little more professional... so we have an r4 and an orange prodigy but having a sleek box may be a cool thing to finally switch my r4 for a smaller case.  

Mini-ITX is really taking off and I love it. The Bitfenix Prodigy opened people's eyes to how small form factor does not mean crappy machine anymore. My next build is definitely going to be mini.

But if you compare it to a Node 304, the Prodigy isn't so small for mITX, if you don't need all the liquid cooling support. Like Mr. Linus said in the Node 304 or Elite 120 Advanced unboxing

Sorry for my bad English!
i5-4590 | Sabertooth Z97 mk2 | Intel HD 4600 | ADATA XPG V1 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Intel 530 120GB | Cooler Master N600 | Seasonic G-450 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 | Win8.1 Pro x64

Linus I like this format of case showcasing (see what I did there? :D).  It's nice to see both a built system and the vanilla case.  It gives me a better idea of how the thing is constructed and how it will look after you throw a full system's worth of components at it.  

Please continue using this format for case unboxings!

P.S. tell Brandon to use a higher focal length value when doing those pan shots.  They're neat, but it would help to have more of the total frame in focus.  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

looks nice i like small case with actual great gaming performance in them. But how loud is it? i always struglle in airflow vs silence.

Definitely going to be swapping my Prodigy out for this, wasn't too happy with the Bitfenix attempt personally. Now I just have to wait the mandatory 'age' before Australia gets them :/

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

The case looks pretty good, however the plastic front feet, and the look which to me is best described as "Chubby", makes it look a bit like a toy case to me. Perhaps I'm a bit biased, but I think I like the look of my Prodigy more. Anyways, I do wish the prodigy would have allowed me to have a 5.25" drive and a 240mm cooler at once like this case though. Also, its a neat idea that corsair put a window on the top panel, but I don't really see the point of that since I doubt most people are going to have it in a position where you can see that window most of the time.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

Anybody else pick up on Linus referring to the drives in 'mm' instead of 'inches' @ 3:30? :P

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

mod some black handles on top and its a perfect little brother lanbox to my 750d

Anybody else pick up on Linus referring to the drives in 'mm' instead of 'inches' @ 3:30? :P

dat be one small storage der!

I'm currently using a titan server case which I got off my brother, nice but it's just to big to handle :blush:  My next build will be a case like this small and easy to grab  :rolleyes: .

Seriously though I will try and save up for the new Haswell-E 8 core cpu's coming out at the end of the year if there is an mini ITX board that supports it, small and powerful is the way to go.

I like this case very much, but I was wondering if a non-blower GPU cooler such as a Direct CUII or Twin Frozer would work good enough, espacially with the dust filter attached.

I love it. It's so sexy and yet another awesome mITX case. Maybe comparisons with Node 304 or Elite 120 Advanced wiil be coming, because they're so similar, but with their prons and cons.

Would love to see such a comparison.

I like this case very much, but I was wondering if a non-blower GPU cooler such as a Direct CUII or Twin Frozer would work good enough, espacially with the dust filter attached.

Would love to see such a comparison.

yeah man think so it would be similar to just case fans bringing air in 

Honestly, after just buying a 750D because it 'looked cool', I don't think the aesthetic works for mITX.. Other than the top window, which I don't think I'd lean over my PC to look inside often, it just didn't look right. I do like the fact that it looks clean with a full build and that there is so much filtration on the intakes, but other than that... not my style of mITX.

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

Does anyone know if a gtx 590 will fit? Its around 292mm.

would be pushing it i think