FREE $39.99 Game April 4th

Paul Rudd

The Witness will be FREE as of today April 4th until April 18th on the Epic Games store.

Historic low is $9.99. Mostly Positive reviews. Steam link... The Witness.

It's one of the best atmospheric puzzle exploration story rich walking simulators ever created imo.

But... Epic Games Store!

I pledge allegiance to Steam and plan on not stopping that.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, LienusLateTips said:

But... Epic Games Store!

Honestly I don't even pledge any allegiances, I just don't like Epic's practices and I choose not to support it.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Just now, TheSLSAMG said:

Honestly I don't even pledge any allegiances, I just don't like Epic's practices and I choose not to support it.

And that too.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

25 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

But... Epic Games Store!

For the umpteenth time, what on earth is wrong with the Epic Games store? If you put two computers side by side, one playing The Witness on Steam and one playing The Witness on the Epic Games store, you will literally be staring at the exact same thing on both computers.

24 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

I just don't like Epic's practices and I choose not to support it.

What practices interfere with running games flawlessly? And what support do you speak of when The Witness is FREE?

1 minute ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

For the umpteenth time, what on earth is wrong with the Epic Games store? If you put two computers side by side, one playing The Witness on Steam and one playing The Witness on the Epic Games store, you will literally be staring at the exact same thing on both computers.

Spying.

Lack of features.

Business practices.

Constant errors.

BSODs.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

8 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

Spying.

Lack of features.

Business practices.

Constant errors.

BSODs.

Is that why after installing epic game store i had 4 bsod in a 2 moth span? Damm i never knew that one

10 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

Spying.

Remedied with using made up names and made up email addresses. They can spy on Big Bird all they want.

Lack of features.

What features? Gonna have to be more specific on this one.

Business practices.

Could care less. It's their business, not yours. Steam, UPlay, Origin, GOG, Fanatical, GMG, Humble, etc, etc, have similar insulting business practices. Nothing we can do about it when we don't own them. Sure I'd like them to stop certain things but just say to yourself, business is business. Money is money. Certain change creates profit loss. You think they're gonna cut into the profits they use to pay off yachts? Do you have any idea how many times each of these businesses put the exact same games on the exact same sales? As if people are eventually going to give in and pay these insulting prices? Especially when said games are over a decade old. It's a horrendous business practice to do that. But will I stop using these platforms because of this? No. Because I'm a gamer. And they know this fact.

Constant errors.

What errors have you ran into? Gonna have to be more specific because I have not ran into a single error with Epic. Constant errors have a lot to do with people.

BSODs.

Just like errors, if you're getting BSODs, this has a lot to do with how well your PC is optimized and setup for gaming. Gonna have to be more specific of how they occurred so that you can look into keeping them from occurring again. When on a computer, you're gonna run into trial and error situations, especially with new platforms.

2 hours ago, nnfancois said:

Is that why after installing epic game store i had 4 bsod in a 2 moth span? Damm i never knew that one

There's a reason you had 4 BSODs in a 2 month span and I didn't. As I mentioned above, it has a lot to do with your individual hardware and software and how it is setup and optimized for gaming.

21 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Remedied with using made up names and made up email addresses. They can spy on Big Bird all they want.

It's more about privacy concerns because they have direct access to your whole computer; they're accessing things without a users explicit permission.

Epic Games has responded to multiple accusations saying that their Epic Games Launcher is scanning for and collecting users' Steam information without first requesting permission.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/epic-promises-to-fix-game-launcher-after-privacy-concerns/

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

they're accessing things

What things?

Just now, Dr. Historic Low said:

What things?

It's linked within the quote above, but i'll summarize 

One of the first things I noticed is that EGS likes to enumerate running processes on your computer. As you can see, there aren't many in my case; I set up a fresh laptop for this. This is a tad worrying - what do they need that information for? And why is it trying to access DLLs in the directories of some of my applications?

I'm sure that this hardware survey information it's apparently storing in the registry won't be used for anything nefarious or identifiable at all. Steam is at least nice enough to ask you to partake in their hardware surveys.

The big concern that everyone has is tracking, right? Well, Epic does that in SPADES. Look at all those requests. Look at the delicious "tracking.js". Mmm, I'm sure Xi Jinping is going to love it. Here's a copy of that script

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

-Snip-

I'm not understanding what I am seeing there. Looks like a bunch of random code. What does this code consist of? And who the hell is Xi Jinping?

3 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

They shifted all manpower off Unreal to Fortnite leaving community devs to finish the new Unreal game.  Arena > BR.

What new Unreal game?

16 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

-snip-

Wait, so you have beef with Epic because the devs focused more on Fortnite than Unreal Tournament? Can you blame them? Millions of people play Fortnite. Only hundreds of people still play Unreal Tournament. I uninstalled both games. Unreal Tournament I like a hell of a lot better but it doesn't have controller support. I'm a controller gamer. If I can't use a controller, I won't play the game much. Which is a shame because I REALLY like the Unreal Tournament on Epic. I just stick to Doom 2016 to get my Unreal Tournament fix. Sure it's not the same but it's pretty close. I dunno why you would have beef with this though unless you too are a controller gamer. Maybe if the devs didn't focus more on Fortnite they would have developed controller support. I don't exactly have beef over this though. I just don't play the game. There's so many other games to play, no reason to create beef over just one.

On 4/4/2019 at 1:04 AM, LienusLateTips said:

But... Epic Games Store!

But... if you use the Epic Games Store without paying them for anything and then they store your Steam data on their servers and give you personal ads and you still don't give them any money, you are wasting their storage space on their servers.

/s

It's not free if i have to give up my honor.