Advice on hardwiring Google Wifi points

Mercuryaces

So I just got google mesh wifi, the set of 3. Here is my question. I have a router/modem combo, My whole house is wired with ethernet so each room had a jack that routes back to the main modem/router. Can I plug each of my 3 google wifi points directly into these ethernet jacks and still maintain the mesh capabilities? 

4 minutes ago, Mercuryaces said:

So I just got google mesh wifi, the set of 3. Here is my question. I have a router/modem combo, My whole house is wired with ethernet so each room had a jack that routes back to the main modem/router. Can I plug each of my 3 google wifi points directly into these ethernet jacks and still maintain the mesh capabilities? 

I don’t know much about google mesh but I think that if you did that they would just work as Access Points since the mesh part is sending the signal over wifi and repeating it over a dead zone

4 minutes ago, mtz_federico said:

I don’t know much about google mesh but I think that if you did that they would just work as Access Points since the mesh part is sending the signal over wifi and repeating it over a dead zone

Follow up question. If I have an ethernet jack in my room that routes back to the route up the hallway, is there a way to add another ethernet jack in my room without wiring a another cable through the walls? Are ethernet splitters a thing and do they reduce the speeds at all?

1 hour ago, Mercuryaces said:

Follow up question. If I have an ethernet jack in my room that routes back to the route up the hallway, is there a way to add another ethernet jack in my room without wiring a another cable through the walls? Are ethernet splitters a thing and do they reduce the speeds at all?

You could use a switch. You connect one port to it and it gives you more. 

here is a 5 port Netgear one

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Ethernet-Unmanaged-Protection-GS105NA/dp/B0000BVYT3

No. According to the Google AP setup I did last year you need to daisy chain the APs.

You need 1 AP to be the root. The APs have an additional ethernet jack. You need to connect the other APs to that OR use WiFi mesh. You can use a switch between the first AP and all others though so you don't need to go AP-AP-AP but rather AP-Switch-2 APs