Pc wont boot, no display. noticed smoke

Casual Cube

Hey guys. Im having some trouble with the PC.

Just changed the cables, cooler and made the mistake of swapping my EVGA G3 cables for some GQ ones. Long story short i noticed the PSU made a faint click and didnt even turn on so I swapped back the psu cables. One by one. Then I noticed that it did turn on, but i saw smoke coming out of one of the tiny modules. I swapped more cables and it happened one more time. Each time I would immediate kill the power to be safe. Now all the cables are back the way it should be and its running, lights and fans on everything on. But the display signal isnt out putting. The debug lights never even turned on and im noticing some of the lights on the back stopped working. Any help? Im happy to answer questions.

15542899298295929739291808545169.jpg

yeah ur psu busted, you prob blew a cap, just get a new one instead of trying to fix it

2 minutes ago, just that pc guy said:

yeah ur psu busted, you prob blew a cap, just get a new one instead of trying to fix it

Wouldnt that mean nothing will turn on then? 

Also, i do have a spare psu but do the existing parts pose any threatsto it?

well then you can only hope that thoes power surges didnt damage your board, once you noticed something was wrong with the power you should have  unpluged the power right away because i think all that surging might have done something to your board

Just now, just that pc guy said:

well then you can only hope that thoes power surges didnt damage your board, once you noticed something was wrong with the power you should have  unpluged the power right away because i think all that surging might have done something to your board

You might be right about the board, it was a nice one too

Just now, just that pc guy said:

1 minute ago, Casual Cube said:

yeah its a shame, thats why when i make my gaming build everything is gonna be something like asrock or crucial memory, because if something like that happens at least it wont take a lot to replace it

4 minutes ago, just that pc guy said:

Is there anything I can do to test it for now?

plug in that extra psu you got and make sure its not the board, if it still wont boot then save up for a new board