Inserting links

myselfolli

image.png.19981baab687591ec4e631b5b1fa9117.png

After I inserted a link (with the editors Link-feature) the link got 'extended' past the stuff I set it to. I don't really know how to put it into words properly (it's late here ^^)

Essentially, I just wanted 'Massdrop' to be the link, but after I kept typing, the link kept getting longer.

Thread where it happened: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1051024-need-a-cheap-dac-that-isnt-a-downgrade-from-mobo/?tab=comments#comment-12448984

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

You select the text you want to make the hyperlink then click the hyperlink button.

PC - i7 12700K | EVGA FTW3 3090 | Corsair H150i | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A | 32GB Corsair Vengance | Lian Li O11 Evo & EVGA 1k PSU

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, Optane^ said:

You select the text you want to make the hyperlink then click the hyperlink button.

Well yes, that's one way to do it, or you can use the 'link' feature of the editor, which opens a popup like this:

image.png.7f20dbdf287a8d5d307f22eb1ea8c341.png

Which is what I used. I put 'Massdrop' as the link text and inserted it into my post, but the link kept getting longer after I then continued typing my post

So is the rest probably

Selecting the text is the easiest way to do it.

PC - i7 12700K | EVGA FTW3 3090 | Corsair H150i | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A | 32GB Corsair Vengance | Lian Li O11 Evo & EVGA 1k PSU

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Doing it your way worked fine for me as well. 

https://gyazo.com/192eb1d350392e27f09e178cd6aca1eb

-

8 minutes ago, Optane^ said:

Selecting the text is the easiest way to do it.

I know ^^

6 minutes ago, Optane^ said:

Doing it your way worked fine for me as well. 

https://gyazo.com/192eb1d350392e27f09e178cd6aca1eb

It usually works for me as well - just this time (and a few times before that) it didn't which is why I wanted to bring it up.

So is the rest probably

This is a known issue, but it's not something that we can fix. If you go onto a new line, it will stop linking, then you can backspace it and continue typing.

HTTP/2 203