Should I get GTA V in 2019

Go to solution Solved by Paul Rudd,
On 4/2/2019 at 2:17 PM, hiitswilliam said:

-snip-

"It hit around $12.00 in January, February and March so you can expect it to do the same here in April real soon. That's when you should scoop it up. GreenManGaming or GameBillet are your best bets to find the cheapest prices on GTA 5 in April."

Well, my prediction was right... GTA 5 $12.75 at GMG. And it's still April.

Just wondering if I should still get GTA V in the current year. 

Depends, have you ever played the Single Player yet? if not then it's still worth it but if you're thinking on Online then... meh... only if you have friends to play with in my humble opinion.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Are you talking GTA online or the single player campaign?

Mass effect

Skyrim

The Witcher

Red dead redemption

Assassin's Creed 2

Draw your own conclusion about single player campaign over time

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

it regularly goes on sale for $15 so I say it's worth it at that price especially.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Are you talking GTA online or the single player campaign?

Mass effect

Skyrim

The Witcher

Red dead redemption

Assassin's Creed 2

Draw your own conclusion about single player campaign over time

More at the single player. Tbh the best thing would be to have red dead 2 for pc.

GTA V single player is fun. Red Dead 2 will come to PC at some point this year.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Yeah GTA 5 single player was pretty good, but if you haven't already, play those before, even better stories:

GTA SA, GTA VC, GTA 4.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Master Disaster said:

First Halo Master Chief collection, and now Red Dead 2? This might be the best year for video games.

Not to mention many ps4 exclusives, even though epic store...

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Are you sure? I'll wait and spend my money on that instead. 

Play battle for Westnoth. Hardest game in your life. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

That's a bold, unverified statement. 

Bought GTA V recently for 39 BRL (about 10 USD). Very good story, easily worth buying it if you get a good price. Online is a mess, I just didn't enjoy it.

54 minutes ago, Daeudu said:

Bought GTA V recently for 39 BRL (about 10 USD). Very good story, easily worth buying it if you get a good price. Online is a mess, I just didn't enjoy it.

Is $30 USD good?

2 hours ago, hiitswilliam said:

Is $30 USD good?

Seems a bit too expensive for me. PC launch price here was about $25 USD. But it was back when Brazil had the cheapeast PC games in the world.

image.png.edda15dd237c3cfd82098fa90b40ff42.png

buy it on sale, online is fun but can be ruined by other players and the prices on everything are set up so that you buy micro transactions (please dont)

On 4/2/2019 at 2:17 PM, hiitswilliam said:

Just wondering if I should still get GTA V in the current year. 

Definitely. I completed the single player campaign and it provides well over 100 hours alone. Especially if you get into mods down the line. GTA Online is just as fun, if not better when you earn friends. DLC's have been releasing about every season and usually help you earn money or have more fun. If you're into open world games, this game is a must own. There's also a creator for creating your own races and other games modes that basically entitles whatever your mind creates. GTA 5 is one of the best games ever created and for that reason I highly recommend it. Just make sure to look for useful guides on how to go about playing the Online mode to avoid grief and being broke/less powerful.

On 4/3/2019 at 1:40 PM, hiitswilliam said:

Is $30 USD good?

You'd be overpaying if you paid that price in 2019. That's the price I paid in late 2016. More than worth that price but you can easily get it for half that right now. It hit around $12.00 in January, February and March so you can expect it to do the same here in April real soon. That's when you should scoop it up. GreenManGaming or GameBillet are your best bets to find the cheapest prices on GTA 5 in April. But don't expect those two sites to provide many other great deals on other games. Sure you may find great deals but what they mostly advertise are insulting price points. Here's a perfect example to avoid...

capcom.png.9cee577cdd8fdcd5d518b531b5b01756.png

Looks like a "SALE SALE SALE SALE" right? Wrong. When you click on it, practically ONE game is 80% off. The keywords here are UP to.

18 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

It hit around $12.00 in January, February and March so you can expect it to do the same here in April real soon. That's when you should scoop it up. GreenManGaming or GameBillet are your best bets to find the cheapest prices on GTA 5 in April. But don't expect those two sites to provide many other great deals on other games. 

Funny, GTA 5 was $60 on GMG when I checked, and it was only 30 on steam and the rockstar warehouse.

Ehhhh, Its aight. Story mode is solid while online is uhhh. A giant meme. Didnt stop me from putting in 500ish hours into it xD 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

5 hours ago, hiitswilliam said:

Funny, GTA 5 was $60 on GMG when I checked, and it was only 30 on steam and the rockstar warehouse.

Keywords: "in April real soon." It's not gonna hit $12.00 overnight. But it will in April.

7 minutes ago, White Senpai said:

image.png.4deb3d8d8d78b9c37be75c9d01296edf.png I've bought Tekken 7 about a year after GTA V, I'd say get tekken 7

Totally different sort of game, not really what I'm looking for. But thanks anyways

If you're looking for GTA sort of style would the Saints Row series or Sleeping Dogs be worth looking at?

i played it couple months ago, its a nice short cinematic kinda game, its fun too 

gta online however i wouldnt really recommend 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy