How do i get more frames in DayZ

Trail Mixorz

I get around 25 fps in Elektro and 30+ outside of large towns. It seems that sometimes if i have my settings a little higher, my frame rate actually goes up which is weird to me. Also, is this game very CPU intensive? Because my friends with ivy bridge i5s and i7s all get "good" fps. Since these are recently converted console gamers, they might be talking about 30 fps, which is still unacceptable for me.

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Just like Arma II, DayZ is primarily CPU intensive unfortunately which is the most likely reason for your low fps.  My 7870 at 1440p doesn't drop below 30fps in the large towns.  This might help to adjust your settings.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Turn your detail settings down by a small notch if your on PC, possibly lowering the AA if you're running it on high down too.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Keep in mind the game is still poorly optimized. When it gets closer to the actual release, you'll probably get more frames. I get about 45-60. Lowest I get is about 35 in cities, and 50+ running in the wilderness. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

I bought the DayZ standalone also and I was wondering if anyone knew how to stop the god damned mouse acceleration because its impossible to play with.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

I bought the DayZ standalone also and I was wondering if anyone knew how to stop the god damned mouse acceleration because its impossible to play with.

I think there is a way to do it through config files, but I somehow got used to it

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Ambient Occlusion problems with the Arma 2 engine. 

There are some workarounds. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

It is horrible indeed, somehow I got a little used to it but while nobody I know has a problem with it, I find it near unplayable because the first thing I do in games is turn off the mouse acceleration, I hate it. Stupid that you can't turn it off yet. Try fiddling around with the mouse sensitivities as well.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I think there is a way to do it through config files, but I somehow got used to it

I got used to it in my first week of gameplay, but then I stopped because of all the bugs, and played a ton of CS:GO, then when I went back to DayZ after the latest patch it was driving me insane

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Not all settings in the RV engine need to be turned down to get better performance, several such as Shadows need to be set to HIGH to switch the load from CPU to the GPU.

The official Bohemia forums have a decade of tips and tweaks for the OFP/Arma/DayZ engine.

http://forums.bistudio.com

The RV engine is nothing like other engines like Frostbite...etc.....   You need to TWEAK the settings to find a balance of visuals and performance that you are happy with.

simply putting everything on LOW/MEDIUM will not result in better performance.

Dropping the resolution down one step will also allow you to increase the eye candy settings without a performance hit and it will look just as good as your monitors native resolution.