is the ASUS GT-AX11000 a modem too?

Bayonett Priest

like the title is it a modem/router?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

Negative, it's a router only. It does not function as a modem.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Negative, it's a router only. It does not function as a modem.

ok damn! are there a cheap modem for my room so that i can connect my fax and phone and have the rest passed through to my real router in the hall?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

24 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

ok damn! are there a cheap modem for my room so that i can connect my fax and phone and have the rest passed through to my real router in the hall?

I'm not sure what you mean here as a modem has nothing to do with connecting a fax or phone.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

4 hours ago, Bayonett Priest said:

Does you internet come thru a Phone line, Coax, or Fiber? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

8 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Does you internet come thru a Phone line, Coax, or Fiber? 

i think i have coax but am not sure! i got told we get our internet through vodavone who owns CableGermany (televisionprovider) and apperantly everything runs through one cable is that right(phone, television,internet)?

1 hour ago, Bayonett Priest said:

i think i have coax but am not sure! i got told we get our internet through vodavone who owns CableGermany (televisionprovider) and apperantly everything runs through one cable is that right(phone, television,internet)?

If its coax you need a eMTA if your doing phone services with your internet service. eMTA's can be bought retail, HOWEVER if Vodavone is anything like Comcast they might only allow certain models on their network. Comcast has like 1 or 2 eMTA's that they allow period, even though more would work. I suggest you look on your ISP's website to see if they have a supported device list or contact them for more info on what they will allow. 

Well Fiber can carry Phone,TV and Internet just like Coax can. So you need to figure it out. If its a cable with a round connection that has copper in the center then its coax if its a cable that has light flowing thru it, then its Fiber. 

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

If its coax you need a eMTA if your doing phone services with your internet service. eMTA's can be bought retail, HOWEVER if Vodavone is anything like Comcast they might only allow certain models on their network. Comcast has like 1 or 2 eMTA's that they allow period, even though more would work. I suggest you look on your ISP's website to see if they have a supported device list or contact them for more info on what they will allow.  

Well Fiber can carry Phone,TV and Internet just like Coax can. So you need to figure it out. If its a cable with a round connection that has copper in the center then its coax if its a cable that has light flowing thru it, then its Fiber. 

could you elaborate what eMAT is!?

and there is a coax cable connected so i would be sure its coax!

9 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

thís is our current one does this help?

121233_avm-fritzbox-6490-cable_600x600.jpg

avm-fritzbox-6490-cable_600x600.jpg

7 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

could you elaborate what eMAT is!?

and there is a coax cable connected so i would be sure its coax!

an eMTA is an Digital voice modem, it not only provides internet but voice services. The issue is you need one that you know will work with your provider, as they have to be able to transfer your phone number to it and provision it for voice services. Without knowing your providers policies I cant help you there. 

Here is an example of an eMTA: https://www.amazon.com/Arris-TM822G-Telephony-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B07CSGK58J/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1U7NBTH2AKCTP&keywords=cm500v&qid=1554166874&s=gateway&sprefix=CM500v%2Caps%2C161&sr=8-10, though this just does voice and modem, it does not have a built in router. This is not a suggestion either, though most of the eMTA's I have seen are from Arris.