Advanced beginner DSLR under $300

I want to get into DSLR photography to up my Insta game and to get into photo editing. I don’t want a basic beginner camera though. I want to be able to play with settings and learn. I don’t mind if a camera is used or a few years old but I don’t have that much money. Nor do I want to spend $600 on something I’ll be able to use twice a month if possible. I’ve had a look around but there are too many companies for me to just go in without suggestions. The one thing that is a must have is 1080p/30. Other than that If anyone could leave suggestions on how to do this on this extreme budget that would be great!

I think for $300 you should be able to find a Canon 550D. That's what I'd go for. Most DSLRs have the same features as far as settings etc go.

IIRC there's also aftermarket firmware for the Canons.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

13 minutes ago, Puss_In_Boots said:

DSLR photography

A Nikon D7000 would fit that as well.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

A Nikon D7000 would fit that as well.

Or a D7100.

Also, start researching glass aka lenses.  I recommend buying the body and then buying a good prime lens and something else that might suit what you'll be photographing.  DO NOT fall for the bundles put together by the manufacturer.  And if you find a good deal on a bundle I would try to sell that bundled lens (it won't be for much) and find a better lens.  Those can also be found used for good deals.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 minute ago, nick name said:

start researching glass

Agreed. Far more important than the body

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

You could go for the cheapest Canon Dslr ou can get like a 550d, 600d, maybe even a 60d sometimes ( which is actually a huge upgrade from the downstream models at that point) and a 24mm f/2.8 panny possibly. 

Alternatively, a fuji xt10/xpro1/xe2 could be possible in that budget. I'm not sure what sort of lens yo could get for it though, a 16-50mm probably but its a pretty crappy lens, so if you can get it bundled with the 18-55mm, go for that, even if you have to spend a bit more. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Thank you for the suggestions! This put me on the right track. Last night I almost got a 550D with a lens but I was outbid at the last second. I’m now watching a few T3Is and 60d’s. I also found a good lens to buy and I’m just waiting a bit to actually buy it.