Upgrading 80D. (6D mark ii?)

So here is the thing. I currently own a Canon 80D. Ive had it for a few years now, got it a couple of months after its release. Ive had a great time with this camera and it has done me well. Its been great for photography and has worked really well for videography aswell, despite its relatively low and friendly price.

I am however looking into upgrading it. Its not a huge upgrade, not going full Linus here, but ive been looking at a used 6D mark ii. The reason i want to upgrade is beacuse id love to have a higher megapixel, full-frame sensor, which can deliver higher quality images and video, especially in lower light. I dont NEED 4K, but it would be nice of course. I am aware that the 6D does not have this, but id love to stay Canon, as i have invested in several EF-lenses. 

The question now is. Is it worth it to sell the 80D and spend a little extra for a 6D mark ii? I know the word "worth" is quite subjective, so i can say that upgrading would hurt slightly economically, but wouldnt be a disaster (could also sell a lesser used lens and just spend like 150$ upgrading). Ive seen a bunch of reviews on the 6D Mark ii and it seems like it would be a decent upgrade to what i have now. 

Now it doesnt need to be a 6Dii ofcourse, is there maybe another camera that has more value to it (around 1500-1600$), that would be better upgrading to? Keep in mind that both videography and photography are equally important, low-light capabitlity is appreciated (full-frame?), and the rest is up to you.

Not sure if i have been specific enough, but if i need to clarify anything, please forgive me and tell me bellow. (my first post, please dont tear me apart if ive done anything wrong ?)

Consider what lenses do you have and use most (primes or zoom, L or consumer) and how...

Be aware that full frame + higher density will reveal the weaknesses of zooms and/or non primes. (Esp wides and teles)

Plus if for example you mostly use long primes or long ends of zoom you'll "lose" a few mm of "zoom"(actaually, crop)  by getting more of the frame; of course you could crop but then the extra pixels and larger sensor are sort of wasted.

I am a bit displeased with the 6d2's AF system, its always been a matter of contention with the 6d tbh, but, they fitted the admittedly excellent for APS-C 45 AF point system on it, which makes a very poor coverage for a FF sensor. 

I would really consider going for an eos r vs the 6d2, since the price can't be that much off used, I've found loads of bundles on ebay with the RF 24-105mm for under £2000 for some time now. The rp might also be a choice, although I hate they didn't go with the LP6N battery making its battery life suck and me having to buy new batteries. 

Now none of them are there yet, I think there's stuff they need to fix, but if you can save up for a while and buy an r instead, I think it would be worth it for a multitude of reasons, you'll get 4k, even at an APS-C equivalent sensor using the crop, but I imagine you have EF-S lenses for that, the AF system is great, you get a higher resolution sensor and I think newer processor and RF, EF and EF-S compatibility. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

What kind of lenses do you have ? EF-S (Crop Lenses) or mostly EF (Full Frame) glass? If you have mostly EF-S glass then the 6D MKll is pretty much a no go as Canon's FF DSLR's are not compatible with their EF-S lenses.

Also what kind of Photography do you do right now? A lot portraits and landscapes or do you like to take advantage of the 80D's 7FPS and pretty good tracking for action and wildlife? If you don't do action/wildlife then save up for the EOS-R w/ its 30 MP sensor as its one of the 3 Canon Bodies that has an actually noticeable increase in resolution over the 80D and the cheapest @ 2300 USD + with the EF-RF adapter + you can still use EF-S glass something Canon's FF DSLR's can't do.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR

28 minutes ago, Rollergold said:

What kind of lenses do you have ? EF-S (Crop Lenses) or mostly EF (Full Frame) glass? If you have mostly EF-S glass then the 6D MKll is pretty much a no go as Canon's FF DSLR's are not compatible with their EF-S lenses.

Also what kind of Photography do you do right now? A lot portraits and landscapes or do you like to take advantage of the 80D's 7FPS and pretty good tracking for action and wildlife? If you don't do action/wildlife then save up for the EOS-R w/ its 30 MP sensor as its the only Canon Body that has an actually noticeable increase in resolution over the 80D and the cheapest @ 2300 USD + with the EF-RF adapter + you can still use EF-S glass something Canon's FF DSLR's can't do.

I believe all my lenses are full-frame, so they should work with the 6D. I havent done too much action-photography, mostly landscapes and portraits. Its seems like the majority is telling me to rather go for the eos r, so that might be what ill do. Thank you so much for your answer! :)

14 hours ago, cc143 said:

I am a bit displeased with the 6d2's AF system, its always been a matter of contention with the 6d tbh, but, they fitted the admittedly excellent for APS-C 45 AF point system on it, which makes a very poor coverage for a FF sensor. 

I would really consider going for an eos r vs the 6d2, since the price can't be that much off used, I've found loads of bundles on ebay with the RF 24-105mm for under £2000 for some time now. The rp might also be a choice, although I hate they didn't go with the LP6N battery making its battery life suck and me having to buy new batteries. 

Now none of them are there yet, I think there's stuff they need to fix, but if you can save up for a while and buy an r instead, I think it would be worth it for a multitude of reasons, you'll get 4k, even at an APS-C equivalent sensor using the crop, but I imagine you have EF-S lenses for that, the AF system is great, you get a higher resolution sensor and I think newer processor and RF, EF and EF-S compatibility. 

Yes the AF system is one of its worst features ive heard. I also thought of the eos r, but didnt bother as it was way too expensive at the time, i actually found a deal online just now for a brand new one with the EF adapter for 2200$. Considering this i actually think ill save up and go for the eos r! Thank you very much for you answer! :)

17 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

Consider what lenses do you have and use most (primes or zoom, L or consumer) and how...

Be aware that full frame + higher density will reveal the weaknesses of zooms and/or non primes. (Esp wides and teles)

Plus if for example you mostly use long primes or long ends of zoom you'll "lose" a few mm of "zoom"(actaually, crop)  by getting more of the frame; of course you could crop but then the extra pixels and larger sensor are sort of wasted.

That is very true, and actually partially the reason of why i want full-frame in the first place. I do a lot of landscapes, and ive had a hard time capturing wide shots as my widest lens  is 18mm, and on a crop sensor its way more. (Its wide, sure, but not enough). I havent done too much with long lenses, so i think i would be able to live without too much "zoom". Thank you very much for your answer! :)

Consider going to the new crop of Canon mirrorless, such as the Canon EOS R and the newer and cheaper EOS RP.

The EOS R is in effect, a repackaged 5D Mark IV in a mirrorless body, at a cheaper price point.

The EOS RP is a 6D Mark II but cheaper, in a smaller mirrorless body.