Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AluminiumTech

Can't upload a 6MB picture because the forum won't let me

The remaining upload quota not decreasing when an attachment is removed has been reported to IPS, so it should be fixed in a future update.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm experiencing an issue on Status Updates where uploading a picture or file which is less than 20MB is denied because the forum thinks the file is larger than it actually is.

Resolution: Virtual 3840x2160. Physical 1920x1080

Browser: Firefox 66

Hardware Specs is my Desktop in my signature.

Video of the issue:

The file is 6.25MB large but the forum seems to think it's a 20MB file or larger.

If you need me to try to replicate this on Brave or Edge then I can. I'd rather not try to replicate this on Opera.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

iPhone 8 Plus (Mid 2019 to present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with 2019 GPU upgrades) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

The file is 6.25MB large but the forum seems to think it's a 20MB file or larger.

If you need me to try to replicate this on Brave or Edge then I can. I'd rather not try to replicate this on Opera.

That's curious! Could you share the picture somewhere? I wanna poke around a little and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Does it work if you upload it to somewhere that isn't a status update?

Can you zip the image and send it to me, either here if it lets you or via a file sharing site?

HTTP/2 203

Have you tried clicking choose files and using the Chrome File Picker? instead of dragging an dropping?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME
LinusWare Dev | NotCPUCores Dev

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 32GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX480 8GB OC, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

12 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

That's curious! Could you share the picture somewhere? I wanna poke around a little and see if I can figure out what's going on.

11 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Does it work if you upload it to somewhere that isn't a status update?

Can you zip the image and send it to me, either here if it lets you or via a file sharing site?

I can't seem to replicate the issue anymore but I think the problem was that I tried uploading it originally and then I deleted it but it wasn't properly deleted behind the scenes despite being removed from the status update visually.

And then upon attempting to re-add the file it it said it was too large even though the UI showed no other file attached.

I don't know what happened but a couple of minutes later I re-tried and it I was able to post the status update.

The image itself is here although my phone says it's 6.85MB instead of 6.25MB that windows said it was.

20190330_132841.thumb.jpg.9386acbc60bd5ebc8b29970c356ca295.jpg

I'll edit this in a sec with it inside a zip file as well.

And it is letting me upload the zip here.

20190330_132843.zip

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with 2019 GPU upgrades) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

Even after deleting an image from a status update it doesn't bring back the upload limit to 20MB.

image.thumb.png.96208e5f6d78365f12e9f44462af5a6f.png

See the Max total size 19.32MB now.

image.png.4a49791c6ad47b5d7238c9095dfaf13d.png

And still 19.32MB total size after removing the images.

13 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

And still 19.32MB total size after removing the images.

Your explanation seems to indicate some sort of caching going on? Have you tried disabling all your addons? I can't replicate this behaviour on Firefox.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I've experienced a somewhat similar issue. If you add a series of photos to a post and delete one or two in order to fit others the counter doesn't subtract the size of the photos you removed. You have to refresh the page to reset the counter.

Little bit annoying.

Guides & Tutorials:

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

How to Use Rsync on Microsoft Windows for Cross-platform Automatic Data Replication

A How To Guide: Setting up SMB3.0 Multichannel on FreeNAS

How You can Reset Your Windows Login Password with Hiren's BootCD

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How to recover your Windows login password with CMD | Hiren'sBootCD(updated) | Medicat

In the Queue:

How to Build Your Own DAS

GPU Pass-though w/ QEMU on Debian Linux

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

On 3/30/2019 at 9:09 PM, Windows7ge said:

I've experienced a somewhat similar issue. If you add a series of photos to a post and delete one or two in order to fit others the counter doesn't subtract the size of the photos you removed. You have to refresh the page to reset the counter.

Little bit annoying.

Yeah sounds like a weird caching problem that shouldn't happen.

Perhaps mortis can confirm if this is the intended effect or not.

Posted · Best Answer

The remaining upload quota not decreasing when an attachment is removed has been reported to IPS, so it should be fixed in a future update.

HTTP/2 203