I have a switch with two computers hooked up. they have the same IP.

Natsoup

I have two PC's, Pc 1 local ip: 192...29, pc 2 local ip: 192...27. 

Is this normal? I want to run a minecraft server on PC 2, but it only seems to work on PC 1. Can I give them separate IP's? why are they defaulted to the same public IP, even though they have separate local ip's?

I have port forwarded 25565 for both local IP's, but they are getting the same IP and the server is not online running on PC 2. Anybody know a fix? 

extra info, my router is a netgear nighthawk r700 i believe. The PC's are both connected to a switch, which is connected to R700 router.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

40 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

Is this normal? I want to run a minecraft server on PC 2, but it only seems to work on PC 1. Can I give them separate IP's? why are they defaulted to the same public IP, even though they have separate local ip's?

So your ISP has given you 1 single public address which is being received into your router and everything else internally on your lan is set to local ips and your router just translates everything when you try to go online. Getting a separate public ip for you other computer, although possible, is a waste of time and you may end up paying extra to your service provider to get another public ip.

41 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

I have port forwarded 25565 for both local IP's, but they are getting the same IP and the server is not online running on PC 2. Anybody know a fix? 

For this you only need one port forwarded ip for the local ip that is running your server. As you stated PC2 is 192.168.1.27 (I'm assuming) so the only port you need to forward is the one for that PC.

43 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

The PC's are both connected to a switch

I'll assume it's a layer 2 switch and that you don't have access to any actual settings to the switch as it's automatic so this won't change anything in your setup!

44 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

extra info, my router is a netgear nighthawk r700 i believe.

I'll assume you also meant nighthawk r7000. You can find a full guide on how to do the stuff you're trying to do here: https://portforward.com/netgear/nighthawk-r7000/ 

Just look over the guide to make sure you haven't inputted anything incorrectly!

I fix computers for a government that is garbage. I'm also a certified security professional according to Comptia

Using my paycheck on computer parts and alcohol and since this is a tech form I'll help with computer stuff I guess

Make sure port is really ported with canyouseeme.org

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

55 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

Do NOT port-forward to both local IPs. Only port-forward to the IP that is actually running Minecraft!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Also if you want this to work consistently you need to tell the router to always issue the same IP address to PC2 by following this: https://kb.netgear.com/25722/How-do-I-reserve-an-IP-address-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 3/30/2019 at 2:04 AM, WereCatf said:

Do NOT port-forward to both local IPs. Only port-forward to the IP that is actually running Minecraft!

to the ip running the server u mean?

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

Just now, Natsoup said:

to the ip running the server u mean?

Yes

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.