Subwoofer on left?

reallylikeskeypad

Ive got a downfiring speaker and Im wondering if its fine to put it on the left of me under my desk, I see people having their subwoofer on the right and recommending it, though if I kept it on the right it would be right next to my PC and I dont think the vibration would be good for it considering it has a heavy cpu cooler and graphcis card installed.

the ideal place is the center, since its a desktop, under the desk would be fine.

my setup is behind my lcd, backfiring to the wall, the sound will bounced back creating a wider angle.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

JBL recommends putting there LSI 310s sub be placed between center and the left satellite. Due to space (or, rather , the lack of it), I have mine at the left end of my desk, which puts its left side under the left side of the left satellite. In my room, that location works out just fine and I'm happy with.

In your case, experiment with the placement of the sub in whatever space you have and park it where it sounds best to you. One hint: down firing subs usually sound best when placed in a corner so don't be afraid to go past the satellites.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

9 hours ago, reallylikeskeypad said:

Ive got a downfiring speaker and Im wondering if its fine to put it on the left of me under my desk, I see people having their subwoofer on the right and recommending it, though if I kept it on the right it would be right next to my PC and I dont think the vibration would be good for it considering it has a heavy cpu cooler and graphcis card installed.

I've got one behind me to the left, if you can do a sub crawl. place the subwoofer where your head is, then crawl around the room with your head at the height of the subwoofer when its on the floor, then place it where it sounds best. You'd be surprised what room gain can do to a sub. Also vibrations dont affect pc's too much. (i have two SVS sb 2000's, soon too be two SVS sb or pb 4000's.)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

You should test various locations and see if it makes a difference. Subwoofer placement can vary a lot depending on the type of subwoofer. 

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

10 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

You should test various locations and see if it makes a difference. Subwoofer placement can vary a lot depending on the type of subwoofer. 

...and the room.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!