AirPower is dead

DrMacintosh

Only thing weird is they announced it before they had a semi functional thing and just hoped for the best and then failed to deliver it. One thing is saying "hey, our engineers are poking at the idea of doing X and maybe we'll be able to deliver it". They basically had a press release on what looked like a finished product undergoing finishing touches...

29 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

PCs. Marketting campaign.

MP3 players. Marketting campaign.

Smartphones. Marketting campaign.

Tablets. Marketting campaign.

Smartwatch. Marketting campaign.

They didn't innovate in any of these categories, they just did what others did, and marketted the absolute hell out of it.

If you're definition of innovation is "nobody has every done this before" then essentially no major brand has ever innovated. They have only taken the results of individuals ideas and marketed them. 

The real dictionary definition of Innovation is a new method, idea, or product. Going by that, Apple has very much so been innovating ever since they were founded:

They innovate through new methods: user experience, industry leading SoCs, design, iOS, macOS, watchOS, security, software updates, etc.

They innovate through their ideas: 3D Touch, ForceTouch Trackpads, TrueTone, iTunes, App Store, AirDrop, iCloud, Time Machine, etc.

They innovate through their products: iMac, MacBook, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods, Services, etc.

That's just some stuff that I could come up with off the top of my head. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

6 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

If you're definition of innovation is "nobody has every done this before" then essentially no major brand has ever innovated. They have only taken the results of individuals ideas and marketed them.  

The real dictionary definition of Innovation is a new method, idea, or product.

Except they took existing implementations of existing products, and marketted the hell out of them. They didn't bring anything new to the table.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Except they took existing implementations of existing products, and marketted the hell out of them. They didn't bring anything new to the table.

So what? Bringing something new to the table is not, on its own, a part of the definition of innovation. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

So what? Bringing something new to the table is not, on its own, a part of the definition of innovation. 

10 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

The real dictionary definition of Innovation is a new method, idea, or product.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

So you are aware that every time Apple releases a new version of iOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS they satisfy the "new method" portion of Innovation and therefore satisfy the definition of innovation. That's just before they make any hardware changes or release a new version of a product. 

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

So you are aware that every time Apple releases a new version of iOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS they satisfy the "new method" portion of Innovation and therefore satisfy the definition of innovation. That's just before they make any hardware changes or release a new version of a product. 

No, they don't.

They release iterative steps, following other industries, while marketting it as heavily as possible.

Innovation is dead at Apple. Has been since Jobs took back control of the company.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Apple supports each product for far longer than any other company at that, that’s more innovative than most.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

They release iterative steps, following other industries, while marketting it as heavily as possible.

Innovation is dead at Apple. Has been since Jobs took back control of the company.

I'm interested to know your answer to this. Who do you think is innovating, and has constantly innovated, in the mobile tech industry? 

1 minute ago, RoseLuck462 said:

that’s more innovative than most.

Not innovation.

1 minute ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Apple supports each product for far longer than any other company at that

In the phone space.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

20 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yea the Mac pro is not such a good example lmao. This hasn't aged well

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Who do you think is innovating

Currently, Samsung and LG.

has constantly innovated

No one. Innovation is not a constant.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

No one. Innovation is not a constant.

Ok. So then you do realize you are holding Apple to an impossible standard. 

Even if Apple hasn't innovated since Jobs died, by your own admission it doesn't matter. 

2 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Yea the Mac mini is not such a good example lmao. This hasn't aged well

Yeah, but it is a funny clip. 

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Currently, Samsung and LG.

Also how are those companies innovating exactly? What about their products satisfy the definition of Innovation while Apple's products don't? 

So then you do realize you are holding Apple to an impossible standard. 

No, I'm not.

Simply put, Apple doesn't innovate. They haven't innovated anything in a long time. To claim otherwise is foolish.

Even if Apple hasn't innovated since Jobs died, by your own admission it doesn't matter.

It does when someone's lying that they are innovative.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Also how are those companies innovating exactly? What about their products satisfy the definition of Innovation while Apple's products don't? 

Folding screen tech.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Folding screen tech.

Since folding display technology is still in the developmental stages and is not on the market and won't be for some time (at least on any large scale)- by your own logic- because Apple is currently developing microLED display technology, they too are innovating. 

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

Apple is currently developing microLED display technology, they too are innovating. 

They're not innovating anything, becuase other companies (notably Samsung) have already come out with the technology. Any development Apple is doing is in house manufacturing.

4 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

is not on the market and won't be for some time (at least on any large scale)

Scale is irrelevant and the Galaxy Fold is coming out soon.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

They're not innovating anything, becuase other companies (notably Samsung) have already come out with the technology. Any development Apple is doing is in house manufacturing.

How is that different from what is happening with folding screens? The tech existed before, Samsung and LG are just marketing the hell out of it. 

How is that different from what is happening with folding screens? The tech existed before, Samsung and LG are just marketing the hell out of it. 

There was no tech that enabled screens themselves to be folded. The preceding design was 2 screens next to each other and wrapping screens didn't permit both the flexibility and rigidity.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Going at this in order:

PCs. Marketting campaign.

MP3 players. Marketting campaign.

Smartphones. Marketting campaign.

Tablets. Marketting campaign.

Smartwatch. Marketting campaign.

They didn't innovate in any of these categories, they just did what others did, and marketted the absolute hell out of it. Apple has not been innovative for decades.

*sigh* just another PC fanboy who can’t afford a Mac

The preceding design was 2 screens next to each other and wrapping screens didn't permit both the flexibility and rigidity.

Sounds to me like Samsung and LG just iterated on an existing tech ?‍♂️

Just now, floofer said:

*sigh* just another PC fanboy who can’t afford a Mac

I own two of them.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I own two of them.

You should get the complete set. The MBP, iPhone, iWatch, AirPods. Not the iPad though idk ?