AirPower is dead

DrMacintosh
5 hours ago, mr moose said:

Again you come into a discussion half way through and try to argue something different,  especially when the post I was responding to said " you only have to be objective to see that that the design language"  which is all about visual appearance and style.    So looks are not beside the point at all, in fact it was a core component of the discussion, the only other part that @DrMacintosh mentioned was the feature set, which someone else was addressing.

Again, neither I nor @DrMacintosh need to show you anything.  The discussion is quite self evident and if you don't like it you can add your 2 cents, but don't expect me to change my opinions or stance to satisfy your grievance when it is only founded on half a conversation.

Nope arguing, (or at least asking you to justify your position on), exactly the same thing.

What your arguing is weather or not the IPhone was innovative. Thats where this started.

The appearance argument is arguing the details of one piece of evidence on that point.

And it's why i stepped in now. It appear to me that there's excessive focus happening on the appearance point and you and others are trying to act like, (seemingly accurately), proving that designs that bore a physical similarity to the Iphone somehow proves the entire argument.  But there's a lot more to the question of "was the iphone innovative" than the appearance as you should well know. 

So yes you do in fact need to show me somthing, 

7 hours ago, CarlBar said:

Namly, (to my understanding), a fully finger based touch interface with a high ease fo use with full web, media, phone, and near light tablet capabilities.

Then the LG Prada.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

9 hours ago, CarlBar said:

So yes you do in fact need to show me somthing, 

Why do I need to show you something? why do you think you are some sort of authority that can demand information?  If you can't work it out from my posts (which are quite clear) then that is your problem, I am not repeating myself for your entertainment.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 3/29/2019 at 3:33 PM, DrMacintosh said:

Today Apple confirmed that its infamous AirPower wireless charging mat is dead:

airpower-apple-event-100735586-large.jpg.8978fd6c2255fabe36c128827f778b47.jpg

The device would have offered the ability to charge up to 3 devices at a time. Specifically an iPhone, an Apple Watch, and AirPods. 

This announcement comes 19 months after Apple announced the product at the 2017 iPhone event. AirPower was plagued with overheating issues and gaining federal approval. So rather than release a subpar product, Apple has canned it. 

It would have been a nice product, but at the end of the day it is not critical to the end user experience as any Qi wireless charging mat will be able to charge Apple devices, just not as elegantly. Though I'm not sure if the Apple Watch can be charged on anything but its charging puck. 

Source: https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/03/29/apple-cancels-airpower-wireless-charging-mat

this part got me like LMFAO

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 7:16 AM, Blade of Grass said:

I mean, Apple released the news app and subscription service the same day of the event, so not sure exactly what you’re going on about with that. Honestly, if you watched the event at all I’m confused as to why you thing anything they talked about was B.S. They’ve announced when the credit card will come out (summer). They announced game titles that they’ll release for the subscription in fall. They announced some TV shows and movies, along with the actors and directors who are staring/directing in them, for the TV service. The only thing they didnt do was talk about pricing for the game service and TV service, or announce when the TV service would come out.

sorry for the late reply but exactly that's my point.other than the news thing they just said we will release stuff this year with no concrete info. they did the same with airpower. do you really think that an event was necessary for giving that little amount of information ? and by the way, my rant was basically for their "standards" that they are trying to uphold.

just because its apple people allow this shit to fly.

what im talking about is losing trust in these advertisements. lenovo I think some time back made ridiculous claims and then said those were specs for 3 different things and not a single smartphone obviously, people got angry and now Apple did this with airpower.

this happens a lot now, companies talk about features and don't deliver them for years sometimes. why allow/encourage that?