From 2022 every new car sold in the EU will be fitted with an automatic speed limiter, assisted braking and lane keeping assistance technology

Master Disaster
9 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

so does a lot of repairs that old cars face..........

as an example. a regular swap of timing belts can cost between 500 and 1500$. 

Timing belts? Pfft, cam-in-block for the win!

jk, I know there a pros and cons for all engine and vehicle designs, and it's matter of balance based on application.

1 minute ago, jagdtigger said:

Plus the price will vary based on where you do the repair.

its usually very similar prices. and its mostly on a car to car basis. 

Depends on many thing, it can be pretty random....

Yeah but that is do at 120000 km or more, and nowhere near the cars current value. Plus the price will vary based on where you do the repair.

Even EV's have those(oil, brakes, etc), and we dont have the foggiest idea about the electric motor's longevity and the price of the parts(i would bet it wont have any, buy the whole unit).

oil and brakes, but it has a lot less points of failure. and components exposed to.

and we will have to wait and see how the cost of these parts develop. battery packs do cost quite a bit, but if the car still holds it own, the ammount of cycles on the battery will be the major price concern for used buyers. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

its usually very similar prices. and its mostly on a car to car basis. 

Not really by us, some shops pass on their discounts at the parts shop, some wont. And some sell them above the normal price if you buy it yourself. Top it off official repair shops has some pretty crazy hourly rate.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

oil and brakes, but it has a lot less points of failure. and components exposed to.

Not by much, instead of a IC motor it has an electric but the transmission and the other parts are still in place...

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

the ammount of cycles on the battery will be the major price concern for used buyers. 

Which will be falsified like km counter.... Top it off only official repair shops will be able to read out the actual value as usual....

Not really by us, some shops pass on their discounts at the parts shop, some wont. And some sell them above the normal price if you buy it yourself. Top it off official repair shops has some pretty crazy hourly rate.

countrywide here its quite stable. with branded stores being a bit more expensive(for obvious reasons)

3 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Which will be falsified like km counter.... Top it off only official repair shops will be able to read out the actual value as usual....

hopefully there will be a in built counter that will be hard to access. that will in the end be an issue, though it should be a non-issue if a buyer asks for such verification. 

5 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Not by much, instead of a IC motor it has an electric but the transmission and the other parts are still in place...

and those are often the components that breaks earlier. because the engine "never" break. 

the end issue is that a lot of people dont need cars and shouldnt need cars. we have strayed a bit of track, but the things the EU is trying to implement is a good thing. 

11 hours ago, James Evens said:

To be honest you will have a hard time travelling with 250 km/h if it is not midnight. At day time 160-180 km/h is realistic with more traffic it can be low as 120.

Its relatively easy to find stretches of road where you can exceed 250hm/h on the autobahn in Germany (I moved to Germany from Ireland). Every time I bring my car out I'm up in around 220-280 (Sat nav highlighted speed not dash as its more accurate) since I brought it over from Ireland (modified Golf R).

Gaming Machine: CPU: AMD 7950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Lian Li Dynamic Evo | MOBO: X670E Asus Crosshair Extreme RAM: 64B DDR4 G.Skill 6000mhz ram | GPU: AMD 7900 XTX PSU: Corsair RM1000x with cablemod cables SSD's: 2TB Seagate 530, 4TB Seagate 530, 1TB WD SN850 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator| Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex mini pro | HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Linux Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Phantek Evolv X | MOBO: X570 Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz ram | GPU: AMD 6900XT PSU: Corsair AX1200 with custom white sleeved Cables  SSD's: 1Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex Pro| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Basement Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Thermaltake Core Pro 3 | MOBO: X570 Gigabyte Xtreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz ram | GPU: Rtx 3080 Ti PSU: Corsair RM1000x  SSD's: 1Tb Crucial P3 Plus & 2Tb SN850 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 32" 1440p monitor | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Das Ultimate| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

5 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Because trucks are very expensive as it is,and an EV truck would probably cost more so lower cost per mile wouldn't really matter.

A lot of people call pickups trucks btw, here we call them utes. Either way truck may not actually mean truck.

29 minutes ago, GimmeGaming said:

Its relatively easy to find stretches of road where you can exceed 250hm/h on the autobahn in Germany (I moved to Germany from Ireland). Every time I bring my car out I'm up in around 220-280 (Sat nav highlighted speed not dash as its more accurate) since I brought it over from Ireland (modified Golf R).

250 hour mins per hour PogChamp

/jk I know what you mean

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

37 minutes ago, leadeater said:

here we call them utes

Don't remind us.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Better make sure i keep on top of my motorbikes maintenance then. 

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

25 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't remind us.

At least UTE is an abbreviation of Utility Vehicle. Lorry on the other hand, silly British ?

12 hours ago, leadeater said:

15eq26.jpg

Swing away, my trusty excel will protect me.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

9 minutes ago, leadeater said:

At least UTE is an abbreviation of Utility Vehicle. Lorry on the other hand, silly British ?

What you call a UTE we'd call a Van. Lorry's are huge 40 tonne things that carry huge trailers, I think your equivalent would be a Truck.

2019-RAM-Heavy-Duty-Bronze-SUV-Press-Image-1001x565p-1.jpg.a99d3b160cde4553a74d0898bb5eed1d.jpg

That kind of thing doesn't really exist here 

download.jpeg.c04afca32d30c25213d9cffd0540bfa0.jpeg

We'd call that a flatbed lorry or 7.5 tonne lorry 

3.jpg.45c83193c2e229e88a86523cf64f2aca.jpg

That is our Van.

drinkdrive_-_lorry_-_june_18.jpg.2bd7f6910ffd186310555146c08e6406.jpg

That's a lorry.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

2019-RAM-Heavy-Duty-Bronze-SUV-Press-Image-1001x565p-1.jpg.a99d3b160cde4553a74d0898bb5eed1d.jpg

This is also a UTE here.

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

3.jpg.45c83193c2e229e88a86523cf64f2aca.jpg

This is also a Van here.

So BCM reprogramming is going to go through the roof. Set the size of your tires bigger than they actually are and give your self some wiggle room on the speed limit.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

5 minutes ago, trag1c said:

So BCM reprogramming is going to go through the roof. Set the size of your tires bigger than they actually are and give your self some wiggle room on the speed limit.

The system uses GPS and cameras to read road signs, remapping anything won't help.

4 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Police would like to know why you need to regularly run over people who are chasing you with guns. :D

It isn't regularly but it's not like it doesn't happen. Had a couple incidents where I had to not stop because there person in front of my car was dangerous/violent. None of them had guns but it still would have been problematic if my car had stopped on it's own. Granted I didn't run them over. They got out of the way because they would get run over if they didn't. 

42 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I find it somewhat old fashioned and endearing when I hear an old brit refer to a new MAN or Mack as a lorry.  To me a lorry will always be a small red flat bed truck in school readers.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Your screwed your trying to overtake a car which is going just under the speed limit. And your overtaking the car on a straight there is a car coming towards you but you have plenty of time however you get along side the car and the car speeds up to the limit and there speed limiter kicks in. You decide to put the foot to the metal but also hit the max speed for the speed limiter. You cant overtake the dam car. You have two choices. Hit the brakes ASAP and hope for the best to get behind the car or hope the car slows down or the speed limiter turns off BEFORE the on coming car hits you.

RETARDED. 

32 minutes ago, leadeater said:

This is also a UTE here.

As I already told the other kiwi, New Zealand is wrong.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

A lot of people call pickups trucks btw, here we call them utes. Either way truck may not actually mean truck.

Yeah thats true, I meant pickup truck, you guys have some really nice small or midsize pickups like the Falcon ute that the US doesn't get for some reason.

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

A lot of people call pickups trucks btw,

That's because it's a 'pickup' truck.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

As I already told the other kiwi, New Zealand is wrong.

The rest of the world is wrong. 

Just now, floofer said:

The rest of the world is wrong. 

We know what a pickup is and what an UTE is.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

We know what a pickup is and what an UTE is.

Its the same thing.