From 2022 every new car sold in the EU will be fitted with an automatic speed limiter, assisted braking and lane keeping assistance technology

Master Disaster
1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Not production? You can buy it, the current model is 2017-2019.

The current 'model' is also a made to order custom job. They don't make these things then sell them, they sell and then make them.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

The current 'model' is also a made to order custom job. They don't make these things then sell them, they sell and then make them.

And the sky is blue, wait no it's black, when it rains you get wet, when you buy a vehicle you get a vehicle. I think you know where this has and will keep going, but you're welcome to waste more of your time.

it's a good idea, but im assuming it'll be poorly executed with speed lock causing the major concern in peoples freedom to be unfairly limited , imo as long as you allow a person to drive a vehicle it'll always cause some form of accident or human error, But lane keeping technology is a real improvement for the majority of head on collisions that causes deaths , i'm glad they're applying that to it,  either-ways unless automation takes over the driving part 100% in an advanced form , deaths will not go down in anywhere near to 0.

Details separate people.

By this rate we'll be tied to wheelchairs which we don't have control over 24/7 so we are 'safe'. We've got too many idiots in this world as it is and are in dire need for some natural selection. I am slowly but surely seeing more and more sense in the, what I used to think crazy of the grid people.

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

Now wait for the pictures of double rare axle and dual rear wheel axle pickups i.e. Ford Raptor.

dualy = more than 4 wheels = truck

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I'm okay with the speed limiter.

Driving fast is fun and all, but if you wanna do that, become a race car driver or something. There's no need to endanger other people. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

5 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

You guys are arguing about what is an what is not a truck. 

Is the body on frame? Truck

Other wise no. 

Little to do with appearance, like at all.

Does that mean the Morgans are all trucks?

I believe the word truck is so complex in modern usage that you can have several legitimate definitions. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/truck

4 hours ago, leadeater said:

Not production? You can buy it, the current model is 2017-2019. I think you're looking for mass production, not that I am the one redefining the discussion or missing the joke. 6+ wheels = truck ?

What if the wheels are all inline and the bloody thing can't carry a pigeon without falling over?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Speed limiting (minimum) would be great if we could also limit slow-movers in the left-most lane. There's no reason for me to be in the left lane going 70 when I could be hitting 100mph like everyone else. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

6 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Speed limiting (minimum) would be great if we could also limit slow-movers in the left-most lane. There's no reason for me to be in the left lane going 70 when I could be hitting 100mph like everyone else. 

I'm in favor of this.  Nuisance driving (sitting in the fast lane going too slow) should result in the car nagging  you with an earsplitting tone until you get in the slow lane.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

I'm in favor of this.  Nuisance driving (sitting in the fast lane going too slow) should result in the car nagging  you with an earsplitting tone until you get in the slow lane.

I came back from Orlando a few days ago and I nearly let a tear out when FHP stopped someone going 60 in the fast lane (minimum is 60, but left lane frequently hits 80 and higher). 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

I came back from Orlando a few days ago and I nearly let a tear out when FHP stopped someone going 60 in the fast lane (minimum is 60, but left lane frequently hits 80 and higher). 

Yeah but was it "60 with noone around him" or was it "60 with rest of traffic going 80 therefore becoming a potential risk as you're not going with the flow of traffic" lol ?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

I am so very, very glad I do not live under the thumb of the EU, although I'm sure the fun police in the US will try this here eventually.

Revolt now EU member countries, while you still have the chance. Don't become USA 2.0 with a spoiled brat of a Federal government, constantly demanding more money for dumb shit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

15 hours ago, James Evens said:

Thuringia or Bavaria? 

Where I am it is not possible. Two lanes and every 2-5 km a exit.

Between hamburg and Denmark.

Gaming Machine: CPU: AMD 7950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Lian Li Dynamic Evo | MOBO: X670E Asus Crosshair Extreme RAM: 64B DDR4 G.Skill 6000mhz ram | GPU: AMD 7900 XTX PSU: Corsair RM1000x with cablemod cables SSD's: 2TB Seagate 530, 4TB Seagate 530, 1TB WD SN850 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator| Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex mini pro | HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Linux Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Phantek Evolv X | MOBO: X570 Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz ram | GPU: AMD 6900XT PSU: Corsair AX1200 with custom white sleeved Cables  SSD's: 1Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex Pro| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Basement Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Thermaltake Core Pro 3 | MOBO: X570 Gigabyte Xtreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz ram | GPU: Rtx 3080 Ti PSU: Corsair RM1000x  SSD's: 1Tb Crucial P3 Plus & 2Tb SN850 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 32" 1440p monitor | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Das Ultimate| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

On 3/27/2019 at 2:56 PM, Master Disaster said:

reduce road deaths to 0 by 2050.

lol

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

On 3/27/2019 at 11:44 AM, Liltrekkie said:

I wonder what their definition of a "speed limiter" will be, any car that has fuel injection has a speed limiter, they call it a governor, typically its either 120 MPH or 155 MPH, (192kmh / 250kmh), some sports/hyper cars dont have a governor or speed limiter. Although typically the speed limiter can be modified in the cars tune, which most people wont do unless they are a car enthusiast anyway. 

Only thing i've read about them is that they are incredibly conplicated with gps tracking, deadman switches, redudancy out the fucking wazoo and usually interconnected with so many systems in the car that they are literally almost impossible to remove, and if you can there would be several easy checks that police/mechanics can do to see that it has been deactivated.. but last time i read about limiters was maby 10 years ago so it might have changed and become even harder to remove ?

As somebody who has, more than once, used my accelerator peddle to go well above the speed limit to avoid an accident or allow space for others to not cause an accident or super congestion.  I will NEVER drive a car like this.  

Aside from personal safety though, this destroys all the advantages of space elasticity that are used in traffic flow theory, so roads will become WAY more clogged, since people will no longer be able to speed to allow somebody into traffic, or to get into traffic in a spot slightly ahead instead of stopping or slowing the entire line of traffic (which, without that elasticity, will then remain slowed until there is no more traffic).  Have fun commuting!

Instead of making it impossible to exceed the speed limit, they should use an acceleration pedal where the force needed to accelerate beyond the speed limit rises exponentially. This would make it physically painful to exceed the speed limit, but would allow it for short periods of time (overtaking another car or taking your sick mother to the hospital)

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

This is all ridiculous. It's very simple. If you want to save lives on the roads, Teach people to be better drivers. Require people to renew their driving test every 5-10 years, not just their license. If people feel too many people would fail and a lot of people wouldn't be able to drive, then they are correct. A lot of people would fail, a lot of people would lose their license, and it would be 100% their fault for not paying attention and driving safe enough to pass the test. Then maybe people would start caring about driving, pay attention on the roads more, and in turn, there would be less accidents. People need to care about driving and where they are going and not whatever facebook tweet they just got and the feeling to respond to right away. My feeling is, if you don't care about driving or would rather being doing something else, you shouldn't be driving. There are alternatives for you.

Automation will NEVER be 100%. That is called a train (or subway, or some other controlled public transportation), and even those, on a locked track, still have accidents. Cars will still have tire and brake failures. What happens when these automated systems get old and outdated and don't work correctly anymore? Or if Joe Smith decides he can fix it himself and messes with the sensors? What if there is a sheet of ice on a turn in the road, even at 100% safe speeds, ice is ice. The car will slide off the road until it is no longer on ice and regains grip. There are too many scenarios where this will not work and all the government is trying to do is cater to the increasingly lazy public masses that would rather sit in their car and play on a phone then pay attention to driving the big heavy mechanical vehicle they just got behind the wheel of (which already exists in the form of public transportation). That saddens me being a car enthusiast. 

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

Some good points are brought up in this video...

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: