Hacking has ruined CS:GO for me (RANT)

Elektra57

I am a console gamer and only recently started playing computer, I found CS:GO and I LOVE it. I have really learned how to pc game by playing this game. I am a horrible gamer but playing this game is fun and I like to talk trash with the little kids. Recently though every lobby is filled people hacking. This absolutely ruins the game. I had to go through several lobbies to find one without hackers. Is it better with the premium version? I have reported several hackers but they just create new accounts.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

Heya, uhmm... csgo is pretty much where worldwide cheaters meet and talk about how their day was, game is literally unplayable by now so there's nothing you can do, didn't knew there was "premium" but I really doubt that's any different from the regular game.

kinda like Battlefield 3 back in the day, or PUBG. Cheaters and hackers are everywhere in PC, that's why I prefer singleplayer games

Can't leave any thread about games without saying Play The Witcher 3 if you haven't yet.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 hour ago, PrincessHeinz57 said:

Is it better with the premium version?

17 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

didn't knew there was "premium" but I really doubt that's any different from the regular game

The 'Premium' version is simply the full CSGO game. Recently CSGO became free-to-play and that's where the influx of hackers and cheaters came from.

Without Premium, you cannot play online. With Premium, you can play online and can also be eligible for 'Prime' matchmaking, allowing you to queue for games along with other Prime members. - For context, to get Prime, you had to get to Rank 21 through playing the game.

Except Prime is now flawed, as when CSGO went free-to-play, all existing players - including those who were non-prime and potentially hacker accounts - were given Prime status for free.

So yep, CSGO is undeniably ruined because of the cesspool of hackers and cheaters it now has.

There is hope however, as there are external platforms such as ESEA and Faceit who have their own matchmaking lobbies external to CSGO's in-game one, I played a Faceit one and they have their own anti-cheat, and playing on Faceit is free.

You might want to give Faceit or ESEA a go if you want to play with honest and competitive players.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I quit CS:GO a long time ago due to cheaters and the shitty matchmaking and ranking systems. It's absurd that, even with Prime matchmaking, I still have trouble finding a game without any cheaters.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Yeppers, that is why I quit 1.6 and recently BFV.  Too many peeps with subscriptions to perfectaim and no private servers to ban them. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

20 minutes ago, seoz said:

The 'Premium' version is simply the full CSGO game. Recently CSGO became free-to-play and that's where the influx of hackers and cheaters came from.

Without Premium, you cannot play online. With Premium, you can play online and can also be eligible for 'Prime' matchmaking, allowing you to queue for games along with other Prime members. - For context, to get Prime, you had to get to Rank 21 through playing the game.

Except Prime is now flawed, as when CSGO went free-to-play, all existing players - including those who were non-prime and potentially hacker accounts - were given Prime status for free.

So yep, CSGO is undeniably ruined because of the cesspool of hackers and cheaters it now has.

There is hope however, as there are external platforms such as ESEA and Faceit who have their own matchmaking lobbies external to CSGO's in-game one, I played a Faceit one and they have their own anti-cheat, and playing on Faceit is free.

You might want to give Faceit or ESEA a go if you want to play with honest and competitive players.

You can play online on free CS:GO now; they changed that with the Danger Zone update. 

CS:GO has, basically, a tiered lobby system:

Low trust and no prime is basically free players.

High trust and no prime are free players who haven't been spammed with bad shit.

Low trust and prime are probably hackers or smurfs.

High trust and prime are toss-ups.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

6 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

You can play online on free CS:GO now; they changed that with the Danger Zone update. 

I see, I wondered if my statement about premium being the only way to play online was correct. That's probably where all the hackers and cheaters are coming from...

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

From what I recall if you're new and in Silver there are hardly any hackers, probably wallers but that's not really an issue on CSGO. 

[EDIT]

So from when you are a new player, the scale has changed over the years, that the jumps between ranks, in terms of skill are pretty big, so it is now (at least a couple years ago when I last played) a silver 3 always beats silver 2 etc, for like every rank, but its not always accurate and you can get high and low in every group (esp in LEM+). Its not really too often there would be smurfs in silver, and some people just think they are hacking, or just better players placed there, but you need to be patient with CSGO and think about what you are doing, and why.

If you can't beat them, join them. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

51 minutes ago, Gix7Fifty said:

Yeppers, that is why I quit 1.6 and recently BFV.  Too many peeps with subscriptions to perfectaim and no private servers to ban them. 

Chaters in 1.6 exist since the game was released

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

Exodus 23:2 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

22 minutes ago, wasab said:

I thought about it, but that's not fun for me. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

Pardon me, but I've never played CS;GO and I find this "hacking" interesting, how are they doing this? Mods? Editing the game files or what?

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

1 minute ago, Tog Driver said:

Pardon me, but I've never played CS;GO and I find this "hacking" interesting, how are they doing this? Mods? Editing the game files or what?

...pretty much depends on how lazy they are.

The lazier ones just download scripts and shit and enable everything, making them worse than they should be.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

17 hours ago, Tog Driver said:

It is a website called EZ Frags. You download software. You can toggle the hacks on and off. There are wall hacks which lets you see people through walls so you know where your opponent is. There are health hacks and aimbotting. Aimbot lets you get a headshot even if you arent pointing at the right spot or you would miss otherwise. It isn't gaming. Yeah I thought about downloading the software to "join them" but it wouldn't be gaming. There is no skill needed with hacking.

linktr.ee/Elektra57

19 hours ago, seoz said:

Without Premium, you cannot play online. With Premium, you can play online and can also be eligible for 'Prime' matchmaking

Misleading, the "Premium" is just Prime matchmaking, you can play online with the free version, though you're unable to match with players using Prime.

A girl who loves to love.

4 hours ago, PrincessHeinz57 said:

It is a website called EZ Frags. You download software. You can toggle the hacks on and off. There are wall hacks which lets you see people through walls so you know where your opponent is. There are health hacks and aimbotting. Aimbot lets you get a headshot even if you arent pointing at the right spot or you would miss otherwise. It isn't gaming. Yeah I thought about downloading the software to "join them" but it wouldn't be gaming. There is no skill needed with hacking.

How do the health hacks work?

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

2 hours ago, Tog Driver said:

infinite health

linktr.ee/Elektra57

4 hours ago, Tog Driver said:

Unless you are the person making the hacks. That involves programming skills as well as hacking skills.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

52 minutes ago, wasab said:

Unless you are the person making the hacks. That involves programming skills as well as hacking skills.

It is a download from a website called ez frags

linktr.ee/Elektra57

49 minutes ago, PrincessHeinz57 said:

someone has to make these tools you know. They do not appear out of nowhere by magic. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

50 minutes ago, PrincessHeinz57 said:

and they ask you to pay.... stinky hackers. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

You should really buy the game and sign up with prime. If you dont then i wouldnt bother to play the game unless youre interested in community servers. Free to play cs go has a ton of cheaters and so does non prime matchmaking

since you only just switched to pc, why not try another game?
You dont have to stick with the same game forever and there are enough shooter/other games for you to try out

4 hours ago, Deltafrost7 said:

since you only just switched to pc, why not try another game?
You dont have to stick with the same game forever and there are enough shooter/other games for you to try out

I definitely need some game suggestions. I like FPS, and I also like games with puzzles like Resident Evil. I do like playing with other people.

linktr.ee/Elektra57