Blue Screens of death

masinico

3 weeks ago or so, I started getting bluescreen errors on my PC. The build is about a year and a half old and the only change to hardware I have recently made was to add another stick of RAM. I have tried removing the new stick but the issues still persist. I tried installing ubuntu to see if somehow windows was screwed up but the installation of ubuntu fails, which makes me suspect that something is wrong on the hardware side of things. The messages accompanying the blue screens vary each time the computer crashes, but I'll list all the messages I wrote down below. In addition to the bluescreens, chrome has been intermittently crashing or failing to load webpages, I have been unable to open powerpoint (requiring a PC restart to open), and occasionally upon restart, I will get error messages like below. My graphics card drivers also occasionally seem to not load, leaving me with that weird blocky pixelated display that you get before installing drivers. 

Startup messages:

• Error -5 from inflate: (null)
  • Error decompressing wx_windows_.pyd
  • Failed to write al bytes for wx._windows_.pyd

Blue Screen errors:

• KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
  • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA - ntfs.sys failed
  • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
  • IRWL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
  • DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - iorate.sys failed
  • BAD_OBJECT_HEADER
  • SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE

Any ideas on what could be causing this or how I should attempt troubleshooting? I don't have access to any other compatible hardware so swapping out parts isnt an option.

Assuming that you have backup copies of your essential files, I would try reinstalling Win10 using the Window Media Creation Tool.

28 minutes ago, masinico said:

the only change to hardware I have recently made was to add another stick of RAM.

Startup messages:

• Error -5 from inflate: (null)
  • Error decompressing wx_windows_.pyd
  • Failed to write al bytes for wx._windows_.pyd

Blue Screen errors:

• KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
  • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA - ntfs.sys failed
  • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
  • IRWL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
  • DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - iorate.sys failed
  • BAD_OBJECT_HEADER
  • SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE

Any ideas on what could be causing this or how I should attempt troubleshooting? I don't have access to any other compatible hardware so swapping out parts isnt an option.

Remove the stick of ram (the newly added one).

Then try again. If ststem stable, re-add it (then its reseated) and again try.

Most if these bluescreen errors hint at corrupted bits in ram, so do the inflate/extract errors. The write error likely also (verify fails on some level). Dito for boot errors, driver load fails and chrome etc random crashes.

If the added stick tming and/or brand etc is different from other stick this might be in play as well.

Edited by Bartholomew
Typo fix

5 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

Remove the stick of ram (the newly added one).

Then try again. If ststem stable, re-add it (then its reseated) and again try.

Most if these bluescreen errors hint at corrupted bits in ram, so do the inflate/extract errors. The write error likely also (verify fails on some level). Dito for boot errors, driver load fails and chrome etc random crashes.

If the added stick tming and/or brand etc is different from other stick this might be in play as well.

I forgot to mention that I already removed the new stick of RAM and the issues still persist. I'll try swapping out the original stick and using only the new one and see if that does anything though. Thanks