Which S10 to get?

Cy-Fy

Hi, I have recently been looking for a new phone and I honestly believe that one of the new S10 phones would be the best option for me... I had a galaxy S4 that lasted me more than four years and after a 2 year stint with an inexpensive motorola I feel like I prefer to spend more on a very good quality phone that will last me very long and keep its value...

I have benn looking at the s10 lineup and all three seem to have an advantage, I guess my doubt is that for example the S10e is already expensive enough to not have absolutely all features and a relatively small screen, so then I look at the s10 and seems like a great choice, but for approxinately £100 more you can get the s10+ which has a much bigger battery and bigger screen. To ne, the most important things in the phone are the battery, camera and screen so it seems like the s10+ would be a good choice, but my worry is that it is too big to handle confortable because I've never had a phone that big before. I compared it to a oneplus 6t and they're actually pretty much the same size so maybe it's not that big anyway... Do you guys feel like the s10+ size is a downside or would be hard to adjust to?

Thank you!

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

2 minutes ago, Cy-Fy said:

Eh, just buy a used S8 for like $200 good or above quality on ebay.

Or some cheaper Snapdragon 850 phones will be out soon enough

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I'm currently using an S10 and I find the 6.1 inch screen perfect for just about everything. I previously had a note 9 and there were plenty of times the larger size was more of a hindrance than a benefit. Battery life is undoubtedly better on the plus but I've had no issues with my 3400 mAH battery and it lasts the entire day with my usage. The triple camera set up is exceptional also, the wide angle is so much fun to use

You Should Just Get The S9+ It still has good specs

Samsung Galaxy S9+.jpg

1 hour ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

I'm currently using an S10 and I find the 6.1 inch screen perfect for just about everything. I previously had a note 9 and there were plenty of times the larger size was more of a hindrance than a benefit. Battery life is undoubtedly better on the plus but I've had no issues with my 3400 mAH battery and it lasts the entire day with my usage. The triple camera set up is exceptional also, the wide angle is so much fun to use

Hey thanks for the reply. I appreciate the others but I'm really looking into the s10 line right now.

May I ask how you have found the curved screen so far? It seems like so many people are preferring the s10e simply for the flat screen so I was just wondering if it's really that hard to get used to it.

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

Just now, Cy-Fy said:

Hey thanks for the reply. I appreciate the others but I'm really looking into the s10 line right now.

May I ask how you have found the curved screen so far? It seems like so many people are preferring the s10e simply for the flat screen so I was just wondering if it's really that hard to get used to it.

Edge detection isnt the best, I do occasionally activate apps but its no different to any of Samsungs curved phones. Thats my only real negative though other than that its a great phone and I highly recommend it

I had the S7 Edge. Had no issues with the "Edge".

In Fact, i even liked/enjoyed the features it gave me - mainly the Shortcuts to keep the homescreen clean.

almost 5 Months into Oneplus right now. I do miss the Edge features a little.

S10 is a great phone lineup.

S9+ is still devent, but keep in mind: 1 year older = 1 year less updates remaining.

I just wouldnt really get an S9 - because it does have only 4gb Ram. If you use multiple apps at the same time, switching between them, you will already notice 4gb beeing a bit limited.

If you think about using it for the next 4 years again, then i promise you, having 6gb or even 8gb will pay off compared to 4gb. With enough multitasking, it did pay off 1-2 years ago. Lighter usage, it will pay off a bit later. Apps/software gets bigger and bigger over time.

Also, S10e is cheaper than s10/S10+, and is still very decent. If you come from an S4, this will still be a size-upgrade.

And it is indeed a very compact flaggship phone.

If you want a compact phone, and it doesn't need to be Samsung, consider Pixel 3. Goes for <599€ already often here in Germany (849€ MSRP from Google store), even Pixel 3 XL went to 600€ recently.

@ 6.4" phones nowadays: Most people get used to it.

I've read good things about the S10e, less problematic unlock with sensor on the side rather than on the screen. Two instead of three cameras at the back isn't a deal breaker for most (lacks ultra-wide mode compared to bigger siblings), similar specs to the S10/S10+ I believe but smaller battery capacity (but is offset by smaller screen). I have the S10+ 128GB version, the issue is with finding a good tempered glass screen protector (SP) that works with the screen finger print (FP) sensor. I'd gotten one that works about 50% of the times I'd tried unlocking the phone.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

18 hours ago, Cy-Fy said:

Pick the correct screen size as first priority, they are all taller and have different aspect ratio as prev line up(16:9) if you hold them side by side, its like at 16:9

s10e = 5.2"

s10 = 5.5"

s10+= 5.7"

if you watch 16:9 un-distorted videos alot, you can ignore s10e

as for the curve , I could say it feels good in hand, but because of its ultra thin side, you need to adapt holding it right and get used to accident touches to side screen. 

there is always reflection on the edge screen....

1 hour ago, GamerDude said:

I've read good things about the S10e, less problematic unlock with sensor on the side rather than on the screen. Two instead of three cameras at the back isn't a deal breaker for most (lacks ultra-wide mode compared to bigger siblings)

It lacks the telephoto not the ultra wide, only the S10 and S10 plus have a telephoto

4 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

It lacks the telephoto not the ultra wide, only the S10 and S10 plus have a telephoto

I had meant that, but got my terms mixed up. Another plus in favor of the S10e, no curved edge

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2