Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexanderYaw123

Friend facing issue when upgrading to win 10

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

My friend who wanna upgrade his windows 8.1 to windows 10 facing a problem that Intel  HD Graphic Family driver does not compatible with it . He tried to upgrade his driver to newer version by downloading it from the HP website or intel website but the driver does not install ( This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.) . Now, he does not know what to do . Can u all help him pls

 

Laptop :HP 14r008tx

CPU :1.7 GHz Intel Core i5-4210U with Intel HD Graphics 4400

GPU:NVIDIA GeForce 820M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

RAM:4GB DDR3L

HDD:500GB 5400 rpm

windows currently running is windows 8.1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hp appears to only have drivers for that gpu dating back to 2015. As with any laptop they did the bare minimum they needed to as far as support within the laptops projected lifetime

Best just let windows install it's own driver for the gpu whatever it may be. Keeping in mind windows itself may not have bothered writing a new driver for this gpu in the last 4 years since 10 was released

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, emosun said:

Hp appears to only have drivers for that gpu dating back to 2015. As with any laptop they did the bare minimum they needed to as far as support within the laptops projected lifetime

Best just let windows install it's own driver for the gpu whatever it may be. Keeping in mind windows itself may not have bothered writing a new driver for this gpu in the last 4 years since 10 was released

He tried update all the windows update in the laptop , but still the same. If he force upgrade to windows 10, what will happen to his laptop?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not worth the effort upgrading this machine to Windows 10 as you could run into other incompatibility issues aside the GPU driver such as Intel CPU Microcode update that requires an updated BIOS to run Windows 10 latest updates (I ran into similar problem back when I had an Acer with  i5 5200U and the manufacturer didn't offer a BIOS update so I wasn't able to run Windows 10 update 1809 on my laptop).

 

But anyway. you could force Windows to install the generic driver for your intel GPU (just google it).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81016

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AlexanderYaw123 said:

If he force upgrade to windows 10, what will happen to his laptop?

nobody is forcing them to update this laptop it can run 8.1 just fine

that being said you can install an earlier release of 10 and have it install the old 2015 gpu driver and then install the rest of the updates after the gpu driver if you wanted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, AlexanderYaw123 said:

My friend who wanna upgrade his windows 8.1 to windows 10 facing a problem that Intel  HD Graphic Family driver does not compatible with it .

There is a way.Google intel drivers->open  first result(intel website) -> there will be a search bar on top right,enter i5-4210U and press enter  (or I go to this link I did it for u -https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=i5-4210U . download the zip version of the driver.->Now create a folder and extract the zip file in it. -> go to  device manager find intel hd driver and delete it-> now instead of intel hd,there will microsoft basic display driver->press update driver->browse my computer->let me pick -> have disk -> browse -> go to the extracted folder and select igdl64(for 64 bit).inf file and install.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×