RAM help

Hi. I have been having trouble with my RAM. I upgraded from a i5 5600 with 16GB DDR4-2400MHz to a Ryzen 7 2700 with 32GB DDR4-3200MHz. However, I can't get my computer to recognize that it is running at a 3200MHz and not at the displayed 2133MHz. Is this just a graphical issue? Or do I need to start messing with the voltage and other frequency settings within the BIOS in order to run at the desired 3200MHz? I have already looked at the BIOS and tried to edit it there with, obviously, no solution. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

your ram is not compatible with ryzen probably due to old sku, so it runs on standard freq. i cant remember what the amd equivelant of xmp profile, and it probably doesnt have one but adjusting the memory freq is the easiest way to go.

i dont know what your motherboard or ram is, but check compatible list on your board's product page is a start.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

On 3/26/2019 at 12:22 AM, MikeTGoody said:

Hi. I have been having trouble with my RAM. I upgraded from a i5 5600 with 16GB DDR4-2400MHz to a Ryzen 7 2700 with 32GB DDR4-3200MHz. However, I can't get my computer to recognize that it is running at a 3200MHz and not at the displayed 2133MHz. Is this just a graphical issue? Or do I need to start messing with the voltage and other frequency settings within the BIOS in order to run at the desired 3200MHz? I have already looked at the BIOS and tried to edit it there with, obviously, no solution. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you

Is there an XMP or DOCP option in your BIOS?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case