Stable OC regarding intel/I7-7700k (solution)

I've been through many years of nightmares but could never understand why I couldn't get a stable overclock i7 7700k above 4.4 GHz, despite having a "low" temperature (60-70 Celsius full load).

I've always overclocked my CPU on "CPU Ratio Mode: Fixed mode", it does work to a certain degree for me, because once every 1-7 days I get suddenly a blue-screen if I set CPU ratio too high, for me it was above 4,4 GHz. I simply thought I lost the Silicon Valley lottery and accepted it for a year. Recently I came to a solution which led me being able to overclock to 4,9+ GHz stable for more than a week and the solution I found was very simple. The reason I took Fixed mode because I never liked the CPU speed swinging around. Funny enough you can put CPU Ratio Mode to dynamic without EIST being enabled, which basically also put your CPU speed maxed at all times (correct me if I'm wrong, I looked through  CPU-Z). At first I thought meh, I'm going to get a blue-screen next few days, but that wasn't the case and I've been able to overclock to higher GHz without issues.

In short solution: switch Fixed Mode to Dynamic Mode and disable EIST to be able to overclock CPU ratio to higher levels without having stability issues (considering you have the right Vcore, temperature et cetera):

JBuS2V2.png

Of course, I'm only here to share my experience to benefit someone else, if my fix hasn't worked for you, I'm sorry for wasting your time, for me it has solved the OC issue which I had with my I7-7700k. Reason why I wanted to overclock, because having multiple monitors led my CPU usage rise above 50% for Chrome, which I started to experience some "lag", when I gamed and used chrome at the same time (now it's way lower 20-30%, yes I know it's only 10% increase in GHz I don't understand it either). 

eIAVFoe.png

36 minutes ago, Strategic said:

I've been through many years of nightmares but could never understand why I couldn't get a stable overclock i7 7700k above 4.4 GHz, despite having a "low" temperature (60-70 Celsius full load).

What voltage were you using? As you increase the clock speeds in order to maintain stability you will need to increase the voltage to the CPU. 4.4GHz all core seems pretty reasonable if running at stock/auto voltage, and I could understand why if you went above that (4.5GHz +) you would start running in to stability issues on stock voltages.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Having a dynamic Vcore most likely messes with stability and lowers your potential of achieving max clock of the chip, i'm guessing you didn't set it up correctly

If you wanna know why your current overclock is stable then check your voltages

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.