Can access Plex Server over network with Mac, but not PC?

13CA350

Hi everyone

I had my plex server up and running perfectly, I was able to access it with my windows machine and add/ delete files no problem.

Now, after rebooting my computer I cannot. I can access the server just fine over the network with my mac, and even a raspberry pi running rasbian, but I cannot access it with my windows machine. The web app works fine on all of my devices too, even my windows machine.

This makes me think it is a windows issue, something is wrong with the network or something

I can see the server just fine in file explorer, but the second I click on it I get an error saying that windows cannot access the server. It says to try checking the name, but I have no way to rename it, open properties, or just flat out delete it from the network tab and start over.

I made sure my network settings were set to private, tried disabling the firewall, and have messed around enabling and disabling SMB1.0 in the windows features tab of control panel. All have done nothing

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm a bit confused because I can access from everything but my windows machine- and for a while it was working fine until I restarted

1.png

2.png

Can you ping RASBERRYPI ?

If not then its possibly an issue with hostname resolving and the IP has changed. Try //"RBP's IP"

3 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Can you ping RASBERRYPI ?

If not then its possibly an issue with hostname resolving and the IP has changed. Try //"RBP's IP"

Yes, I can ping it no problem. I even assigned a static IP

I just want to reiterate- I can access the server right now with no problem whatsoever on both the web client and over the network from a mac. For some reason I just can't access from over the network on my PC

Try right clicking your desktop and creating a new shortcut, then in the target field type two backslashes "\\" followed by the IP address of your Pi and then a trailing backslash, so something like this:

\\192.168.1.101\

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

2 minutes ago, 13CA350 said:

Yes, I can ping it no problem. I even assigned a static IP

I just want to reiterate- I can access the server right now with no problem whatsoever on both the web client and over the network from a mac. For some reason I just can't access from over the network on my PC

So you can or cannot ping from the windows machine as well? I am not talking about the mac as you mentioned its not the problem.

9 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Try right clicking your desktop and creating a new shortcut, then in the target field type two backslashes "\\" followed by the IP address of your Pi and then a trailing backslash, so something like this:

\\192.168.1.101\

This worked!!!!!! How can I fix the issue in the network tab of file explorer now?

8 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

So you can or cannot ping from the windows machine as well? I am not talking about the mac as you mentioned its not the problem.

I can ping from windows

Just now, 13CA350 said:

This worked!!!!!! How can I fix the issue in the network tab of file explorer now?

I can ping from windows

I don't know lol

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

1 minute ago, Theguywhobea said:

I don't know lol

I'm beginning to think that the raspberry pi that I see is a different one I have on the network

13 minutes ago, 13CA350 said:

I'm beginning to think that the raspberry pi that I see is a different one I have on the network

When you pinged it, where you using the name or the ip address?

try pinging the name and see what IP address it resolves to.