Upgrading an ryzen cpu

Vod

Hello!

So I've recently seen the prices of some cpu prices drop.

I currently have an r5 2400g, and the launch prices of the upcoming 3rd gen cpus will probably be high, but the prices for the current ones will probably drop by a lot.

And I was thinking about upgrading my cpu 4-5 months, and I probably wont be buying one of the 3rd gen cpus unless they are amazing.

So is it even worth upgrading to one of the cpus today from my current one, or do I keep saving up money and but an 3rd gen cpu.

I've seen the r7 2700 go below 200 euro sometimes, while it does have 4 cores more I've seen some benchmark videos and it's better by just around 15%.

So what do you reccommend I do?

Just now, Vod said:

Hello!

So I've recently seen the prices of some cpu prices drop.

I currently have an r5 2400g, and the launch prices of the upcoming 3rd gen cpus will probably be high, but the prices for the current ones will probably drop by a lot.

And I was thinking about upgrading my cpu 4-5 months, and I probably wont be buying one of the 3rd gen cpus unless they are amazing.

So is it even worth upgrading to one of the cpus today from my current one, or do I keep saving up money and but an 3rd gen cpu.

I've seen the r7 2700 go below 200 euro sometimes, while it does have 4 cores more I've seen some benchmark videos and it's better by just around 15%.

So what do you reccommend I do?

Wait for zen2. The prices on the 3rd gen CPUs will probably be close to the prices on the current gen CPUs, and the prices on current gen CPUs would probably be lower at that point. 

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

9 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

Unless you need the cores, they're isn't one reason to upgrade before Zen 2 is released. 

And if you need both, wait for Zen 2. 

If my cpu ain't at least 4 years old, I would not upgrade. The longer I hold off upgrading, the bigger bang for the $$$ will be when I do upgrade. I am still rocking fx 8320 from 2012

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Will the AM4 boards be 3000 ready?

When's Lunch?