I just saw something that is kinda a scam if you dont use some of the features (Not Anymore)

-MSI X370 Gaming Pro
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR
-KLEVV Bolt X Series 2x8GB
-Samsung 970 Evo M.2 250GB
-WDC 2 TB
-PRIME K-[X]
-Bequiet! Pure Power 11 700W 80+ Gold
-2pcs Segotep Halo 12cm Ring Fan
-Windows 10 Home
-LG 24MK430H-B IPS

So here's the specs. probably going SLI with a X series Mobo and 700W PSU, but you can get a X470 Fatal1ty for a bit more. this is at my country btw. Im just kinda Pissed with the freaking people that will get no benefit at all going for something like this. ITS SAID FOR GAMING. why not a RTX 2080 with only HDD or a shit ssd for just boot drive. Im just baffled by this. even a 5 2600(X) is fine.

this cost around 1800USD. but at my country the price is unreasonable anyway

8 minutes ago, Oalei said:

-snip-

all it is is that NVME is a great marketing word so people think its better, other than that though the build looks kinda nice especially as it includes a monitor

1 minute ago, ImNotThere said:

all it is is that NVME is a great marketing word so people think its better, other than that though the build looks kinda nice especially as it includes a monitor

i can even build better. if its just for pure gaming why not aim for RTX 2080 anyway? what ssd gonna do? feaking load faster ok thats also great for some cases loading times get too long. if i can get those ammount of money i probably will force a RTX 2080 Ti with a 550 RMX and probably 5 2600 even with 16gb 3000Mhz Ram. shit ssd from kingston or WDC blue that i saw a 1TB for 105ish USD. or maybe just RTX 2080 is fine. Case a freaking even CM H500m probably going over budget a little bit but its better than that for just gaming purposes only

19 minutes ago, Oalei said:

So here's the specs. probably going SLI with a X series Mobo and 700W PSU, but you can get a X470 Fatal1ty for a bit more. this is at my country btw. Im just kinda Pissed with the freaking people that will get no benefit at all going for something like this. ITS SAID FOR GAMING. why not a RTX 2080 with only HDD or a shit ssd for just boot drive. Im just baffled by this. even a 5 2600(X) is fine.

3 minutes ago, Oalei said:

what ssd gonna do? feaking load faster ok thats also great for some cases loading times get too long.

What?

You're pissed off that it has a SSD and you would rather it only has a HDD for a boot drive? :S

18 minutes ago, Oalei said:

this cost around 1800USD. but at my country the price is unreasonable anyway

What country? I just put the list of parts (or closest substitutes) in to PCPP (Germany) and got a total of just under 1600 Euro (currency converts to roughly 1800 USD). Considering it comes pre-built and including a copy of Windows, sounds like a pretty decent price for what you're getting.

3 minutes ago, Oalei said:

i can even build better.

Okay? Then don't buy it. Build something better yourself.

I still don't see how this is a scam?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Oalei said:

-snip-

different strokes for different folks.

to justify the 2080(ti) you would have to invest in either high refresh rate 1440p or 4K which is just an extra expense imo

i'd argue that if you can only afford an r5 2600, you shouldn't invest in an rtx 2080(ti) and the 2070 is actually a perfect match for the AMD CPU's as of now.

an ssd is just different, if you havent experienced it then good for you, i specifically had issues where rainbow six used to crash bc of low load speeds from a hdd, overwatch occasionally doesnt load character models when on a hdd + an ssd is just a nicer experience in windows (being able to sit down, turn on pc and pretty much straight away log on and play (apart from some older b350 and x99 boards with dumb long post times) 

A case is personal preference, i really liked the s340 elite, suits my setup perfectly, could have saved but oh well

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

What?

You're pissed off that it has a SSD and you would rather it only has a HDD for a boot drive? :S

What country? I just put the list of parts (or closest substitutes) in to PCPP (Germany) and got a total of just under 1600 Euro (currency converts to roughly 1800 USD). Considering it comes pre-built and including a copy of Windows, sounds like a pretty decent price for what you're getting.

Okay? Then don't buy it. Build something better yourself.

I still don't see how this is a scam?

its just reccomended build from the store. so im kinda baffled by it. is this the ability of the store or the one who's buying it

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

-snip-

he possibly could build better, doesn't mean he ever will :P

Just now, ImNotThere said:

different strokes for different folks.

to justify the 2080(ti) you would have to invest in either high refresh rate 1440p or 4K which is just an extra expense imo

i'd argue that if you can only afford an r5 2600, you shouldn't invest in an rtx 2080(ti) and the 2070 is actually a perfect match for the AMD CPU's as of now.

an ssd is just different, if you havent experienced it then good for you, i specifically had issues where rainbow six used to crash bc of low load speeds from a hdd, overwatch occasionally doesnt load character models when on a hdd + an ssd is just a nicer experience in windows (being able to sit down, turn on pc and pretty much straight away log on and play (apart from some older b350 and x99 boards with dumb long post times) 

A case is personal preference, i really liked the s340 elite, suits my setup perfectly, could have saved but oh well

i mean like a new monitor is probably in budget too. im kinda calculating everything together

Just now, Oalei said:

i mean like a new monitor is probably in budget too. im kinda calculating everything together

a new 1440p 144hz / 4K monitor is in the same budget when youre saving $100 on cpu, $100 on ssd and then splashing out that saved money (+$50) on a 2080 (non ti)

There is no possible way you could save enough money in that build to get a 2080 AND a monitor to utilise it effectively

so yeah after everything should have gone for cheaper case and better monitor but everything is personal prefference. so its around 1864USD and thats a lot more expensive cause 1USD = 14k IDR or something

1 minute ago, ImNotThere said:

a new 1440p 144hz / 4K monitor is in the same budget when youre saving $100 on cpu, $100 on ssd and then splashing out that saved money (+$50) on a 2080 (non ti)

There is no possible way you could save enough money in that build to get a 2080 AND a monitor to utilise it effectively

well a 1080 144hz is good enough too i mean. but who cares. im gonna play CSGO now (even with that much if i just change the cpu i can get a better monitor). ok mostly im wrong its kinda a little tight on the budget there so yeah no actual scam

Just now, Oalei said:

well a 1080 144hz is good enough too i mean. but who cares. im gonna play CSGO now (even with that much if i just change the cpu i can get a better monitor). ok mostly im wrong its kinda a little tight on the budget there so yeah no actual scam

but if youre playing only 1080p an rtx2080 is wayyyy too much, the 2070 would be the best pick, its not a scam at all its just whether you want nvme or not

Just now, ImNotThere said:

but if youre playing only 1080p an rtx2080 is wayyyy too much, the 2070 would be the best pick, its not a scam at all its just whether you want nvme or not

RTX2060 would give better performance/price than the RTX2070, especially at 1080p where the RTX2060 is still going to be overkill. Definitely don't need the 2080.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

RTX2060 would give better performance/price than the RTX2070, especially at 1080p where the RTX2060 is still going to be overkill. Definitely don't need the 2080.

or the 1660ti, im just allowing for expandability in case op ever wants 1440p (as implied by the desire for the 2080)

13 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

the monitor is literally a 5ms and 75Hz Monitor so im kinda unsure about the RTX 2070. heck he probably upgrade the monitor sooner or later with that ammount of money

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

probably a temporary monitor and upgrade it soon

1 hour ago, ch3w2oy said:

OP needs to quit smoking crack and do some research. 

I need some sleep