Which Corsair PSU to get as per my usage?

G9XFTW
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

The Vengeance PSU is somewhat comparable to the CXm units. AFAIK it's mainly a European item, not available in America which is why it might not be showing up on the Corsair website if you're looking at the Corsair US website. It shows up on the Corsair website for various European countries/languages: https://www.corsair.com/de/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/vengeance-psu-config-550m-650m/p/CP-9020111-DE

The CX/CXm/Vengeance series PSUs from Corsair would be suitable for a R5 2600 + 1060 6GB. The HX series is quite high end, and while they're very good quality, not really necessary for your system and can be quite expensive.

Running the ryezn 5 2600 with 1060 6GB, about 4hrs minimum each day and probably more sometimes.

Looking between CX and HX series since am I budget buyer but still willing to stretch a bit. Could you also explain one model is better than the other? I am eager to learn.

Corsair recommendations only, they have been pretty good and service is good in my region, so far. Value for money is a criteria you could say.

Thanks.

The Vengeance PSU is somewhat comparable to the CXm units. AFAIK it's mainly a European item, not available in America which is why it might not be showing up on the Corsair website if you're looking at the Corsair US website. It shows up on the Corsair website for various European countries/languages: https://www.corsair.com/de/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/vengeance-psu-config-550m-650m/p/CP-9020111-DE

The CX/CXm/Vengeance series PSUs from Corsair would be suitable for a R5 2600 + 1060 6GB. The HX series is quite high end, and while they're very good quality, not really necessary for your system and can be quite expensive.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

CX* (2017), CXM* (2015) could have a look at these if you’re on a budget 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

5 hours ago, Spotty said:

Ok, so I paid for the Vengeance model. How do you test a psu before installing? since the cables are all black on the 24pin...

One more thing guys, the Vengeance has silver 80Plus rating on the website, but Bronze rating on the box...ugh. What?

31 minutes ago, G9XFTW said:

One more thing guys, the Vengeance has silver 80Plus rating on the website, but Bronze rating on the box...ugh. What?

There are two versions of the Vengeance. The older is Bronze rated, the newer is Silver. 

:)

1 hour ago, G9XFTW said:

Only the 650M and 750M are Silver.  The rest are Bronze.

9 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Only the 650M and 750M are Silver.  The rest are Bronze.

So I am looking at random search engine images and the Bronze 650m seems to be semi modular and the Silver 650m seems semi modular with the switch for single 12v rail or multiple something. What should be the price difference between old and new? (searched, official site puts it at nearly the same price) Also the bronze model seems to only come in EU spec. The 80plus silver seems to come in EU, KR, WW (world wide?), and some more specs. I can only guess now what I will receive tomorrow. At least the price difference at first few mins of search does not seem huge.

6 minutes ago, G9XFTW said:

So I am looking at random search engine images and the Bronze 650m seems to be semi modular and the Silver 650m seems semi modular with the switch for single 12v rail or multiple something. What should be the price difference between old and new? (searched, official site puts it at nearly the same price) Also the bronze model seems to only come in EU spec. The 80plus silver seems to come in EU, KR, WW (world wide?), and some more specs. I can only guess now what I will receive tomorrow. At least the price difference at first few mins of search does not seem huge.

I forgot there was a 650M Bronze.  :D

Well.... where did you order from?  What did you order?  That will tell you what you're getting.  They have different part numbers, after all.  "Vengeance 650M" is not a part number.  CP-9020175 (for example) is a part number.

Got the 80plus silver one. Thanks guys for the input. It runs quiet.