Netflix lag issue

ThomasBoben

I know this may seem weird to post on the forums but its actually really frustrating issue. My computer for some reason lags on netflix or on longer youtube videos. With everything else closed and not doing anything it still lags which is strang because my computer isnt a bad pc at all so it hard to troubleshoot.

cpu-intel 5930k

gpu- asus strix 1080

internet- down 101 up 120

What your CPU usage look like when you are getting these lag spikes? 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just a question are you using in browser or the windows app? I have a similar prob with xfinity on a good rig yet on my phone it works fine and im sure if they made an app it would too. As do i have visual issues with the WWE network in browser no mater what browser i have tried but the app works great.

13 hours ago, K1ng said:

Just a question are you using in browser or the windows app? I have a similar prob with xfinity on a good rig yet on my phone it works fine and im sure if they made an app it would too. As do i have visual issues with the WWE network in browser no mater what browser i have tried but the app works great.

this is actually very very weird. I was having the issue on browser but tried the app and it works perfectly fine on my pc. Any idea what would cause this?

9 hours ago, ThomasBoben said:

this is actually very very weird. I was having the issue on browser but tried the app and it works perfectly fine on my pc. Any idea what would cause this?

Honestly the conspiracy theorist in me just thinks they want you to use the app to bolster statistic numbers or it could easily be fixed. Also only other thing is alot of in browser streaming still like to use flash vs html5 i dont know why or how but that could be causing issues in newer browsers with legacy. Maybe if we found an old legacy browser that was supported in its state we could test.