MJOLNIR mini-ITX Case on LTT forum?

AlexTzone

Hey guys,

I'm Alex, founder of THOR ZONE and one of the creators behind MJOLNIR 9.7L mini-ITX Case. We would love to get your opinion on how we can improve the case even further, would anybody mind us starting a thread here?

I tried emailing the mods a long time ago but haven't received a reply. I don't want to come across as a spammer or marketer, this is strictly for discussing different improvement ideas. Let me know what you think :)

(Innermost desire: get Linus to review MJOLNIR, then I can die happy lol)

Best,

Alex

We are a Swedish tech startup aiming to create minimalistic – but not boring – PC hardware. Some of us even like console gaming, but let's keep that a secret ;)

Dude I love SFF, lemme see this. How much is it?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Dude I love SFF, lemme see this. How much is it?

It's pretty expensive (299 for standard, 349 for RGB). But yeah, that's the price of use high quality manufacturing stuff like precision casting and CNC ?

We are a Swedish tech startup aiming to create minimalistic – but not boring – PC hardware. Some of us even like console gaming, but let's keep that a secret ;)

Just now, AlexTzone said:

It's pretty expensive (299 for standard, 349 for RGB). But yeah, that's the price of use high quality manufacturing stuff like precision casting and CNC ?

Yikes, that's a lot lol. Any plans to make it cheaper in the future? Maybe a cheap(er) plastic/acrylic one, similar to the GEEEK A30?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I don't think the mods will let this stay up, they prefer that you use the built in poll feature on the forum instead of an external link.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3P7A3169-Edit-Edit.thumb.jpg.d44e3e2394fb546eb7f83aa6f22c61e7.jpg

SFF fan here!

Honestly, even if a PC case is fairly expensive, it'll always be in someone's price point.

Especially if all you are going for is aesthetic. It gets pricey. You've gotta pay for looks.

39 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I don't think the mods will let this stay up, they prefer that you use the built in poll feature on the forum instead of an external link.

Perhaps we can create a thread here without any external links then?

35 minutes ago, King Poet said:

3P7A3169-Edit-Edit.thumb.jpg.d44e3e2394fb546eb7f83aa6f22c61e7.jpg

SFF fan here!

Yihaaaa, sweeet build man!

19 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

Honestly, even if a PC case is fairly expensive, it'll always be in someone's price point.

Especially if all you are going for is aesthetic. It gets pricey. You've gotta pay for looks.

Very true indeed. I feel that there are already many cheap sff sheet-metal cases out there + some more premium ones. But I don't see many in the ultra-premium departement with a precision cast unibody shell, CNCd panels etc.

On 3/24/2019 at 12:58 PM, AlexTzone said:

Perhaps we can create a thread here without any external links then?

yeah when you do that, you can just hit the "Poll" button at the top, next to "Content." You can link a new topic here probably, and @ all current thread users.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

pics?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Very cool looking case, totally outside my budget though. However, one suggestion for an accessory? A handle. Mjolnir is a hammer after all and a hammer without a handle isn't a hammer.

Just now, aezakmi said:

pics?

I don't dare to post external links yet, but you can google "mjolnir sff case" ?

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Very cool looking case, totally outside my budget though. However, one suggestion for an accessory? A handle. Mjolnir is a hammer after all and a hammer without a handle isn't a hammer.

Thanks a lot buddy, really glad that you like the aesthetics! HA, that is a good idea!

9 minutes ago, AlexTzone said:

I don't dare to post external links yet, but you can google "mjolnir sff case" ?

Thanks a lot buddy, really glad that you like the aesthetics! HA, that is a good idea!

Maybe a stack of machined acrylic discs with a series of RGB LED up the center of them, it would be really cool if you could tie to to some software to indicate system status like CPU use or system temps. Stacked leather hammer handles are pretty old school, so you could emulate the stacked look with the acrylic phallus.

Ok, maybe just something simple like a leather carrying handle that can be attached for more easy transport. I could see how a phallus sticking up from the top of the case could go wrong real fast. Nifty place for a wifi antenna tho!

22 hours ago, AlexTzone said:

this is strictly for discussing different improvement ideas. Let me know what you think :)

The case needs (bigger) feet for airflow to the AIO on the bottom (I'm sorta assuming most people will go that route). Ideally 1"[25mm], however that doesn't exactly look pleasant. Even if it was 1/2" [12mm] would help significantly. Personally I would recommend Front feet at the front only so that the case is at an angle, as the Hammer is usually shown 

Image result for MJOLNIR

(Obviously not at this extreme angle, but you get the idea) I really like the handle idea too

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 3/25/2019 at 4:26 PM, TVwazhere said:

The case needs (bigger) feet for airflow to the AIO on the bottom (I'm sorta assuming most people will go that route). Ideally 1"[25mm], however that doesn't exactly look pleasant. Even if it was 1/2" [12mm] would help significantly. Personally I would recommend Front feet at the front only so that the case is at an angle, as the Hammer is usually shown 

Image result for MJOLNIR

(Obviously not at this extreme angle, but you get the idea) I really like the handle idea too

You can flip the internal frame so that the AIO is on the top instead ;)

2 minutes ago, AlexTzone said:

Can you sell an optional lead plate to attach so it's unrealistically heavy for it's size? ?

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Can you sell an optional lead plate to attach so it's unrealistically heavy for it's size? ?

Lol that would be pretty hilarious ? One of the smallest yet immovable PCs on the market.

Heey guys, a short update / progress on the case!

Here is 60% of the internal frame and a tempered glass panel:

Update_25_1-min.jpg

Just for reference, it's supposed to look like this by the end. Note that pic below is slightly outdated in that the MOBO cutout is smaller, we have made it larger to improve back-mounted M.2 thermals.

MJOLNIR-I-mini-ITX-PC-case-specs-dark.jpg

Update_23_glass_2_1-min.jpg

FEDEX notified me yesterday that the RGB setups / Enclosures have arrived in Gothenburg, I'll go back there on Monday and snap pics for you till Tuesday. The back panel is also expected by Monday. All remaining parts will be here in the next 2 weeks (there was a slight problem where one of the parts got anodized in the wrong color and the manufacturer had to remake it).

See you guys on Tuesday :)

Best,

Alex

On 3/30/2019 at 7:10 PM, AlexTzone said:

Thats fair. But tell me it wouldnt look bad ass to have an option tilted like that!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Heey guys, major prototype update! 

Picked up quite a few parts yesterday, very happy with how they turned out! I'll meet up with local manufacturers next week and anodize 2 of the 3 prototypes in DARK color (a.k.a space gray, a.k.a dark gray). The remaining parts are on their way now and should be here some time next week, then it's assembly time baby ;):cool: Also, I'll make sure to film the new RGB setup in action before Saturday. But for now, grab some popcorn and check this out:

Update_26_1-min.jpg

Update_26_2-min.jpg

Update_26_3-min.jpg

Update_26_4-min.jpg

Update_26_5-min.jpg

Update_26_6-min.jpg

Bana-for-scale, but not-for-sale (I know my jokes are lame).

Just for reference, the split-up prototype enclosure will be snapped together with dowels (below pic). The production model will of course still be precision cast unibody, but casting 3 prototypes is waaay to expensive.

Update_24_enclosure_1.jpg

Let me know what you think guys :)

Best,

Alex

Don't call it space grey, Apple will sue you. Cosmic grey is probably OK.

Just now, Bitter said:

Don't call it space grey, Apple will sue you. Cosmic grey is probably OK.

Yeah that is true. We call it DARK, space gray is just for reference since they will be very similar in tone.

8 minutes ago, AlexTzone said:

Yeah that is true. We call it DARK, space gray is just for reference since they will be very similar in tone.

Void Gray. BEYOND space!

That's probably a silly idea, but an idea none the less

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Void Gray. BEYOND space!

Lol this keeps getting better and less logical! Dundundun...QUANTUM GRAY!