Artifacts on brand new 2080ti Strix

Jaxrud

-Update-

So I got a new replacement, had it just over a week almost 2 weeks, no signs of artifacts or issues at all, until today. After a little gaming and exiting the game, the pc rebooted and when it booted back up there were green lines all over the place. Even during the Asus boot screen. 

Weirdly enough they're not showing in bios. But gpuz only recognized the card name, but almost no specs. Things are listed as unknown. 

I even swapped the psu and did a fresh install of Windows on a brand new m2 drive just to be safe.. 

3rd card, 2nd Strix, faulty. 

I can't believe how unlucky I am

Old:

Hi, I can start from the very beginning (almost), sorry for such a long post, I really hope someone can help me.

Last year around september I bought a 2080ti, for my "older" PC. Had a Asus P9X79 WS Motherboard, with an intel 4930k Processor and 32gb of ram.
So I got the Dual fan OC 2080Ti from Asus, and everuthing seemed fine for a little while, I suddenly got a few BSOD's, and did some troubleshooting, and things seemed to get better with cleaning up drivers and updating etc.

Until just about right after the launch of Apex Legends, while we were playing, the game tended to crash a lot. And I read that a whole lot of other people with 2080ti had the same issues. I tried what I could, updating drivers, reverting drivers, clean installs, memtests etc. Nothing seemed to fix it, some times I could play for hours and all of a sudden get a DXGI error. I also once got an error saying that the GPU was physically removed, I read that some others with the 2080ti had gotten the same error.

One day the game crashed and I thought, ugh, not again. But it didn't close, it just froze and the sound looped, and then it went black and something started smelling. Yeah, GPU fried.

So I contacted the seller, they had no cards in stock, but told me to send it in and then I would get it as soon as they had some in storage with priority over sales. I sent the card back, and figured I could update my computer while at it as I've gotten some BSOD's with "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION", after reboot, it can't find any windows and entering bios shows my SSD (with windows) is missing in the list over drives. When I power the computer off and back on again entering bios, it's there and exiting bios allows me to boot windows again. I downloaded crystal disk and it states Health is good at 32%.

So I ordered some upgrades, new motherboard, ram, cpu and an M2 drive to get a fresh install of Windows on incase it's something software related or a bad SSD.
Asus Prime z390

i9 9900k

32gb HyperX Ram - 3466Mhz

(I work with 3D rendering and video editing)

Which I waited with installing until I got my replacement GPU back from the store.

A little over a month later (mid-March) they have gotten a replacement GPU, and I got the message that I would get a 2080ti ROG Strix in return as the card I had was not in storage, free of charge.
I upgraded my computer, got everything installed, and first fatal error on boot was incompatible M2 drive, silly me had never worked with M2 before and just assumed M2 was compatible across the board, I had bought an M2 Sata and the Mobo requires M2 PCIE. So I kept the windows on the SSD while I was going to wait and order the correct M2 before using a fresh install of windows. Everything worked fine again, and no more errors in Apex Legends with the new card either. The game hasn't crashed once. However I did get a BSOD with the same thing as before where the SSD dissapears from the BIOS menu until I reboot. It stresses me out a little bit.

A few weeks goes by, maybe one or two, and I did notice some artifacts in Apex, when using CAM overlay to read GPU and CPU temperatures while playing, it seemed to induce these artifacts so I simply just stopped using it, and noticed nothing. I thought it might be a game issue as I didn't have any artifacts in any other games, allthough I admittedly was a little afraid of getting another faulty GPU. I knew that there was a few locations in the game that everyone gets the similar artifacts no matter what card or graphic setting they use. (Thunderdome) I'll attach some screenshots of said artifacts. After I stopped opening the CAM overlay, they stopped happening. And the game has never crashed either, when I restarted the game after I had used CAM and got artifacts it was fixed and never happened again.

Then we can travel a week further towards the present day, and Satisfactory was released, pretty fun game, and I played it for a good 4-5 hours. And I started seeing glitches again, polygons got stretched in the distance, and some turns I did looked like a huge box was placed over my character and I was inside it when looking a certain direction, looked similar to what happened in Apex that one day, not in the screenshots sadly but that happened too in that same game. And it started worrying me again, because I haven't loaded CAM while playing Satisfactory, and it just happened, I restarted the game and it was fine again, for a while. Played the game for a couple days, and it crashed a few times after glitches appeared. I'm afraid I have another faulty GPU or something's very wrong with my system. I did a small video of it happening in satisfactory too if you need to see it let me know.

Now after the glitches appears, the game usually crashes not long after, and I can not see any reason to it happening, I have checked temperatures, and they don't seem to exceed 65 C.
After getting the new GPU the entire system has been replaced, only thing remaining from when I first made it is the PSU, H100i and the SSD. I wouldn't think the waterpump could produce issues, but can it be a faulty PSU? Or can it be the SSD?

The thing about getting BSOD's with the UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION and SSD not showing up in bios until I turn off and on the system makes me worried that it might be the PSU that's the issue.

Is that a possibility? Or is it more likely that my SSD is at its end of its lifespan even though crystal says good, and that a faulty SSD can cause issues? Or am I just super unlucky and got a faulty replacement GPU and my SSD is dying in addition to it.
I've checked BIOS for voltages, and they all seem to be pretty stable.

I can also add a log I did using GPU-Z while playing Satisfactory until it crashed. I will also add a screenshot of something that worried me even more, I noticed weird artifact things on the desktop after it crashed, looked like an O with an X under it, they dissapeared as soon as I moused over them though. For what its worth..

In the log I attached you can see it is stable temperatures, but the gpu-clock goes up to 1800 at some points, is it overclocked somehow and that is causing issues? I have not Overclocked it myself and I thought it maxed out at 1560 or so. So seeing it at 1800 surprised me.

Small notice, the spikes in GPU Z is just me tabbing between apps there, it doesnt spike like that while using the GPU.

Skjermbilde (288).jpg

Skjermbilde (289).jpg

GPU-Z Sensor LogSatisfactoryTest.txt

Skjermbilde (369).jpg

Skjermbilde (3692).png

15 minutes ago, Jaxrud said:

Hi, I can start from the very beginning (almost), sorry for such a long post, I really hope someone can help me.

Last year around september I bought a 2080ti, for my "older" PC. Had a Asus P9X79 WS Motherboard, with an intel 4930k Processor and 32gb of ram.
So I got the Dual fan OC 2080Ti from Asus, and everuthing seemed fine for a little while, I suddenly got a few BSOD's, and did some troubleshooting, and things seemed to get better with cleaning up drivers and updating etc.

Until just about right after the launch of Apex Legends, while we were playing, the game tended to crash a lot. And I read that a whole lot of other people with 2080ti had the same issues. I tried what I could, updating drivers, reverting drivers, clean installs, memtests etc. Nothing seemed to fix it, some times I could play for hours and all of a sudden get a DXGI error. I also once got an error saying that the GPU was physically removed, I read that some others with the 2080ti had gotten the same error.

One day the game crashed and I thought, ugh, not again. But it didn't close, it just froze and the sound looped, and then it went black and something started smelling. Yeah, GPU fried.

So I contacted the seller, they had no cards in stock, but told me to send it in and then I would get it as soon as they had some in storage with priority over sales. I sent the card back, and figured I could update my computer while at it as I've gotten some BSOD's with "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION", after reboot, it can't find any windows and entering bios shows my SSD (with windows) is missing in the list over drives. When I power the computer off and back on again entering bios, it's there and exiting bios allows me to boot windows again. I downloaded crystal disk and it states Health is good at 32%.

So I ordered some upgrades, new motherboard, ram, cpu and an M2 drive to get a fresh install of Windows on incase it's something software related or a bad SSD.
Asus Prime z390

i9 9900k

32gb HyperX Ram - 3466Mhz

(I work with 3D rendering and video editing)

Which I waited with installing until I got my replacement GPU back from the store.

A little over a month later (mid-March) they have gotten a replacement GPU, and I got the message that I would get a 2080ti ROG Strix in return as the card I had was not in storage, free of charge.
I upgraded my computer, got everything installed, and first fatal error on boot was incompatible M2 drive, silly me had never worked with M2 before and just assumed M2 was compatible across the board, I had bought an M2 Sata and the Mobo requires M2 PCIE. So I kept the windows on the SSD while I was going to wait and order the correct M2 before using a fresh install of windows. Everything worked fine again, and no more errors in Apex Legends with the new card either. The game hasn't crashed once. However I did get a BSOD with the same thing as before where the SSD dissapears from the BIOS menu until I reboot. It stresses me out a little bit.

A few weeks goes by, maybe one or two, and I did notice some artifacts in Apex, when using CAM overlay to read GPU and CPU temperatures while playing, it seemed to induce these artifacts so I simply just stopped using it, and noticed nothing. I thought it might be a game issue as I didn't have any artifacts in any other games, allthough I admittedly was a little afraid of getting another faulty GPU. I knew that there was a few locations in the game that everyone gets the similar artifacts no matter what card or graphic setting they use. (Thunderdome) I'll attach some screenshots of said artifacts. After I stopped opening the CAM overlay, they stopped happening. And the game has never crashed either, when I restarted the game after I had used CAM and got artifacts it was fixed and never happened again.

Then we can travel a week further towards the present day, and Satisfactory was released, pretty fun game, and I played it for a good 4-5 hours. And I started seeing glitches again, polygons got stretched in the distance, and some turns I did looked like a huge box was placed over my character and I was inside it when looking a certain direction, looked similar to what happened in Apex that one day, not in the screenshots sadly but that happened too in that same game. And it started worrying me again, because I haven't loaded CAM while playing Satisfactory, and it just happened, I restarted the game and it was fine again, for a while. Played the game for a couple days, and it crashed a few times after glitches appeared. I'm afraid I have another faulty GPU or something's very wrong with my system. I did a small video of it happening in satisfactory too if you need to see it let me know.

Now after the glitches appears, the game usually crashes not long after, and I can not see any reason to it happening, I have checked temperatures, and they don't seem to exceed 65 C.
After getting the new GPU the entire system has been replaced, only thing remaining from when I first made it is the PSU, H100i and the SSD. I wouldn't think the waterpump could produce issues, but can it be a faulty PSU? Or can it be the SSD?

The thing about getting BSOD's with the 

GPU-Z Sensor LogSatisfactoryTest.txt

Skjermbilde (3692).png

Yup RMA; search the net for "rtx space invaders"; (nickname for artifacts in last screenshot) some card have presumably faulty memory. Can happen with any brand rtx card, so dont think changing brand or model will prevent it.

8 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Yup RMA; search the net for "rtx space invaders"; (nickname for artifacts in last screenshot) some card have presumably faulty memory. Can happen with any brand rtx card, so dont think changing brand or model will prevent it.

okay, I've only seen them after the game crashes though, never in a game or across the entire screen.

So you don't think there's something wrong with my PSU? Is there a solid way to test if the PSU is working perfectly? (The SSD failures I mentioned)

Could also be worth mentioning that when I first built it (And I never used to have any issues with any of my builds prior to this, my luck has turned?)

I had some BSOD issues while rendering 3D, used 1080p back then before getting the Ultra Wide monitor I use now. And when  I contacted support they had me return everything except drives and psu, they found errors on both the motherboard and the gpu at the time which was a 780ti. Nothing on the CPU or RAM. I sent the motherboard with CPU and RAM first, and when getting replacements and still having issues I sent in the GPU, and got my money back and bought a 1080 instead. Had that until I got the 2080ti. That got fried. And now this, artifacts on the replacement again, feels like a curse.

I guess it's the long history of issues with this computer, that worries me that my PSU may be killing it. But looking at voltages I don't see anything wrong.

Ive seen them once (the invaders) but in exceptional conditions (during a oc scanner run with insane settings); scared the bejesus out of me. They never returned (been a month or so) in my case though.

Hower going by your story with also poly artefacts and instability (with invaders showing afterwards) id be a lot more worried.

One of the psu gurus (jonny or stefan) are better suited to answer psu related worries. If you say voltages seem fine: if not measured under prolonged load using adequate equipment like oscilloscope or anything like that it doesnt mean much. If yiur psu is a real concern best to open a topic in psu forum, stating all components specs and symptoms.

Since i only saw the phenomena once (invaders and crash at same time) dyring oc scan (whuch messes wuth clocks and voltages) you might be on to something if this isnt isolated but just one example if issues in general with components while using this psu. 2080ti is a power hungry beast so might be related.

22 minutes ago, Jaxrud said:

okay, I've only seen them after the game crashes though, never in a game or across the entire screen.

So you don't think there's something wrong with my PSU? Is there a solid way to test if the PSU is working perfectly? (The SSD failures I mentioned)

Could also be worth mentioning that when I first built it (And I never used to have any issues with any of my builds prior to this, my luck has turned?)

I had some BSOD issues while rendering 3D, used 1080p back then before getting the Ultra Wide monitor I use now. And when  I contacted support they had me return everything except drives and psu, they found errors on both the motherboard and the gpu at the time which was a 780ti. Nothing on the CPU or RAM. I sent the motherboard with CPU and RAM first, and when getting replacements and still having issues I sent in the GPU, and got my money back and bought a 1080 instead. Had that until I got the 2080ti. That got fried. And now this, artifacts on the replacement again, feels like a curse.

I guess it's the long history of issues with this computer, that worries me that my PSU may be killing it. But looking at voltages I don't see anything wrong.

What is the PSU exactly?

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

4 minutes ago, Ankerson said:

What is the PSU exactly?

It's a Corsair 860AX bought in January 2014

7 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Ive seen them once (the invaders) but in exceptional conditions (during a oc scanner run with insane settings); scared the bejesus out of me. They never returned (been a month or so) in my case though.

Hower going by your story with also poly artefacts and instability (with invaders showing afterwards) id be a lot more worried.

One of the psu gurus (jonny or stefan) are better suited to answer psu related worries. If you say voltages seem fine: if not measured under prolonged load using adequate equipment like oscilloscope or anything like that it doesnt mean much. If yiur psu is a real concern best to open a topic in psu forum, stating all components specs and symptoms.

Since i only saw the phenomena once (invaders and crash at same time) dyring oc scan (whuch messes wuth clocks and voltages) you might be on to something if this isnt isolated but just one example if issues in general with components while using this psu. 2080ti is a power hungry beast so might be related.

Okay, yeah it's what I fear given how much issues it's been with this and now the PSU being the only thing that's left of what I had originally.
I might talk with the tech-support at the store about it as well as I've mentioned it earlier as a concern. I'm just worried it might cause permanent damage to the new components I just got this month as well.

3 minutes ago, Jaxrud said:

That's a good one.

Although with the other problems it is possible that the PSU could be having issues.

If you have been losing that much hardware I think the PSU is suspect.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

11 minutes ago, Jaxrud said:

Okay, yeah it's what I fear given how much issues it's been with this and now the PSU being the only thing that's left of what I had originally.
I might talk with the tech-support at the store about it as well as I've mentioned it earlier as a concern. I'm just worried it might cause permanent damage to the new components I just got this month as well.

I would just replace it and be done with it.

Then send the old one to Corsair and have them look at it.

With as many problems you have had I wouldn't risk it running the PSU.

Error on the side of caution always.

1 minute ago, Ankerson said:

I would just replace it and be done with it.

Then send the old one to Corsair and have them look at it.

yeah that's what I'm going to do, I will talk with them tomorrow, if it's covered by them then great, if not I'll buy a new one. Should I wait with returning the GPU until I get the new PSU to see if the issues are perished?
I really really hope I don't have to loose my GPU for a third time, I rely on it for work, and I'm really happy with the card I got, it's so silent compared to the one I RMA'd and it hasn't crashed on me at all until this started happening after prolonged use in Satisfactory.

5 minutes ago, Jaxrud said:

yeah that's what I'm going to do, I will talk with them tomorrow, if it's covered by them then great, if not I'll buy a new one. Should I wait with returning the GPU until I get the new PSU to see if the issues are perished?
I really really hope I don't have to loose my GPU for a third time, I rely on it for work, and I'm really happy with the card I got, it's so silent compared to the one I RMA'd and it hasn't crashed on me at all until this started happening after prolonged use in Satisfactory.

I would wait to replace the GPU.

Personally I would buy a new PSU and send the old one to Corsair.

If they send you a new one or reburb etc you can use that one as a spare.

Not sure how Corsair works that or how fast they are.

I had a Radeon GPU do the exact same thing to me. I agree that it's best to RMA the card. If you get one back and you still have the issue, then at least you didn't spend any money and now you know it's another part. If you go trying to replace the PSU, you're going to be spending money on something that you're not quite sure about. 

However, I would say that if you need a new PSU anyway then none of this applies and do it in whichever order you want. 

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

Yeah, I'm not willing to take the chance on it not being the PSU, so I will hear if it's still covered as we've discussed it with their tech side earlier as well. And if they don't cover it but only gives me a new GPU i'll buy a new one anyways because I will not take the chance on it messing up any more and being insecure about it.

I just tried some games on Apex again now, and I got about 2-3 games in before the artifacts started showing up and worse than ever before. More spaceinvaders on my desktop after exit than ever before too.

Skjermbilde (372).jpg

Skjermbilde (373).jpg

Skjermbilde (374).jpg

Skjermbilde (376).jpg

Skjermbilde (379).jpg

I have the new Samsung memory type as well that I read should be a "Fix" for this as it is the newer type. But apparently not.
And this happened as I was going to check that, this is right after this happened above here.

gpuz.gif

windows.jpg

15 minutes ago, Jaxrud said:

I have the new Samsung memory type as well that I read should be a "Fix" for this as it is the newer type. But apparently not.
And this happened as I was going to check that, this is right after this happened above here.

gpuz.gif

windows.jpg

You would be better off not using the card at all right now, could be already damaged though from what it looks like.

1 minute ago, Ankerson said:

You would be better off not using the card at all right now, could be already damaged though from what it looks like.

My thoughts exactly, I turned the computer off for now until I get a hold of the Customer Service tomorrow morning. Afraid it's no return for this card now.
This is dragging me down...

10 minutes ago, Jaxrud said:

My thoughts exactly, I turned the computer off for now until I get a hold of the Customer Service tomorrow morning. Afraid it's no return for this card now.
This is dragging me down...

It's a real shame as you did have a really good PSU too so you actually did the right thing and selected a good PSU.

It's bad luck, real bad luck to get a bad unit.

It is 5 years old now, 10 year Warranty I think.

RTX 2080ti owner, went though this, just RMA it

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

If you are seeing space invaders, it means the GPU core / memory is damaged or faulty. RMA instantly.

I wouldn't be put off with things not working, warranty has you covered. You'll eventually get a right one.

I bought 2 from Nvidia directly and I was happy that both work just fine.

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.

9 hours ago, TheNaitsyrk said:

If you are seeing space invaders, it means the GPU core / memory is damaged or faulty. RMA instantly.

I wouldn't be put off with things not working, warranty has you covered. You'll eventually get a right one.

I bought 2 from Nvidia directly and I was happy that both work just fine.

Yeah, first one I had got fried, and this one has this.. Oh well

RMA approved so hopefully it'll get processed faster this time 

Wow, just here to wish you good luck with the next card. It must have been very frustrating. Don't be down, it'll be okay. As for the PSU, I wouldn't spend money on a new one. These aren't PSU related problems.

Chasis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo || PSU: Seasonic PX 650 || Mobo: MSI Z690 Pro A || CPU: Intel i5 12600K || CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB @3200 || GPU: AORUS 4070 ti Elite || Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || Secondary Drive: Crucial MX300 525GB || HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Intake Fans: 3x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Exhaust Fans: 2x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless || Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4Q with Cherry MX Browns || Monitor: Acer Predator IPS 165Hz GSync

7 hours ago, hiimFred said:

Wow, just here to wish you good luck with the next card. It must have been very frustrating. Don't be down, it'll be okay. As for the PSU, I wouldn't spend money on a new one. These aren't PSU related problems.

Thank you for the support. I'm really hoping the next one will be fine. For the psu I really can't help it to feel there's something as its the only thing that remains and the fact that with it I've had rma on motherboard and 3 gpus and now an ssd that suddenly disappears until I power off and on again. 

14 minutes ago, Jaxrud said:

Thank you for the support. I'm really hoping the next one will be fine. For the psu I really can't help it to feel there's something as its the only thing that remains and the fact that with it I've had rma on motherboard and 3 gpus and now an ssd that suddenly disappears until I power off and on again. 

The PSU is defiantly suspect with all the issues you have had.

Replace before you get your new GPU and or before it takes out something else.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 6:50 PM, Ankerson said:

The PSU is defiantly suspect with all the issues you have had.

Replace before you get your new GPU and or before it takes out something else.

Yeah I ordered a new corsair rm850x

And a new hdd that I needed anyways. Figured I'd start a fresh windows as well this time with the third card. Seemed fine and dandy until today. I checked it with Gpu-z, and was a bit iffy when I saw the new one had micron vram but hoped it would be fine still.

And it has been until today, hadn't noticed any artifacts or anything. 

Games ran super smooth, I did hear some buzzing under load but sounded like coil whine so I didn't think much of it after a few days when it seemed fine and dandy. 

Right now about an hour ago that changed. I saved my game of satisfactory, exited to desktop and watched some twitch. Went to the bathroom for 3 min and when I got back, the pc had rebooted showing login screen of Windows 10, and a bunch of green lines across the screen.... This time they didn't show on the print screen though. So I opened Gpu-z, and nearly all sensors doesn't show, and bandwidth info and vram info etc shows as unknown..

Can it be!? 3rd card I receive also has a problem? I mean except the 1 week lifetime I really love the performance I get on the ultrawide 34" monitor i use. And the fan noise is minimal, temperatures are between 32C idle and to 65C under load. 

I'm so sad right now..  

Time to call ASUS again, that really sucks and is bad luck.