GPU Unstable and I'm Lost

vAE

Hi,

Currently, My system is unstable and can either randomly freeze or black screen when I am in windows, forcing me to force restart.

I have tried reinstalling my driver both 19.3.3 and 19.1.1, through AMD Driver Removal tool and DDU. I have cleared CMOS multiple times and reinstalled AMD Chipset drivers. System is stable with no GPU drivers or in Safe mode but is unstable as soon as the driver installation is complete and often freezes half way through installation or when I'm restarting.

Originally I had borrowed a Friends GTX1070 and RAM kit to troubleshoot with. It was unstable with a GTX 1070 but when I replaced both the ram and gpu it was stable. So I bought new RAM and a RX560. I tested with both but problems still occur.

Sometimes when I restart the system boot loops and I'm forced to cut Power from the power supply, other times when I try restarting I get beep codes from my Motherboard which are;

1 Long 3 Short Beeps

5 Short Beeps

5 Long Beeps

System:

-Ryzen 5 1600 No OC

-MSI RX 580 8GB Gaming X Stock Settings Driver 19.1.1

-Asrock AB350M Pro4 BIOS 5.10

-Corsair 2x4GB 3000Mhz C16

Thanks for the help! :)

What PSU? also in your manual you should be able to find what those beeps signal, i wont do that for you

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

What PSU? also in your manual you should be able to find what those beeps signal, i wont do that for you

XFX XTR 550W 80+Gold

I heard it is a seasonic rebrand

Only the 5 Long Beeps is stated in the motherboard manual

It's No VGA detected.

1 minute ago, vAE said:

XFX XTR 550W 80+Gold

I heard it is a seasonic rebrand

Only the 5 Long Beeps is stated in the motherboard manual

It's No VGA detected.

Well that rules out PSU, have you tried updating the BIOS?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Well that rules out PSU, have you tried updating the BIOS?

the bios was originally 3.30 which is that it resets to after CMOS is cleared.

I had updated it to the 3.40 Bridge bios before updating to 5.10

The issue occurs in all 3 bios updates.

1 minute ago, vAE said:

the bios was originally 3.30 which is that it resets to after CMOS is cleared.

I had updated it to the 3.40 Bridge bios before updating to 5.10

The issue occurs in all 3 bios updates.

soooo update it? if there isnt a problem with the newer BIOS then just stick with that?

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

soooo update it? if there isnt a problem with the newer BIOS then just stick with that?

It refuses to update to the newest bios (5.70) but I'll give it a try now

1 minute ago, vAE said:

It refuses to update to the newest bios (5.70) but I'll give it a try now

try going as far as it will go from the current BIOS, then going to 5.70?

Builds:

Spoiler

Propably a memory issue. Although it improved with BIOS updates (that's why BIOS updates are absolutely VITAL for AMD) Ryzen is very picky about memory. Often times you can only go as high as 2933 at best, even with the 2xxx Ryzen series. So, just try to clock your memory down if nothing else works.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

1 minute ago, Hans Power said:

Propably a memory issue. Although it improved with BIOS updates (that's why BIOS updates are absolutely VITAL for AMD) Ryzen is very picky about memory. Often times you can only go as high as 2933 at best, even with the 2xxx Ryzen series. So, just try to clock your memory down if nothing else works.

I have tried 2 different sets of memory.

First one was Corsair 1x8GB 2400Mhz i tried both 2400mhz and 2133Mhz

Second one was Corsair 2x4GB 3000Mhz. I had tried 2933Mhz, 3000Mhz and 2133Mhz

they all still had the problem reoccurring.

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

try going as far as it will go from the current BIOS, then going to 5.70?

I have just updated it to 5.70 and had ran furmark. It froze 2 minutes in.

Is your GPU overclocked ? Try lowering the clocks on the GPU

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A