Well, pardon my asking such a rookie question, but I've got some problem with my memory kit& motherboard.

1st, motherboard is asrock b450m pro4, whereas memory is this one: Patriot Viper Elite Series 2800Mhz 2x4GB  (PVE48G280C6KRD)

I know the board does not list these rams on the QVL, but I wanted to buy the whole package in the same store, and they only had these in 2x4gb with reasonable speed. Browsing through reviews, I thought these would work well with 2933Mhz frequency @1,35V, but unfortunately not. The most I can get is 2666Mhz.

Some additional details: Manual of MoBo clearly indicates, that rams must be installed in slots A2-B2, whereas I got the PC with rams installed in A1-B1. I tried moving them to A2-B2, but then, the pc would not even boot, nor even to UEFI. I moved them back to A1-B1, and been running them at 2666Mhz ever since. Is it possible, that fixing the proper placement issue would make it work? ie.: A2-B2, with 2933Mhz Cl16 timing, 1.35V. Or an UEFI update might help? (btw, is there any specific restriction that UEFI must be installed by version to version, not skipping right to the latest driver?)

Any input would be good, unfortunately, I'm out of ideas for now. Anyone with the same board with "incorrectly" installed RAM-s? Anyone with the same model RAMs? Thanks in advance for the responses.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Reinstall the ram and check for bent pins.

Make shure its properly installed.

The 2800mhz ram will work at XMP 2800. Other than that you can overclock manually to higher speeds if you want. 

What CPU are you using? If you are using first gen Ryzen. You might have some limit on ramspeed an manual overclock would be the inly way of getting it higher than 2666mhz

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

Reinstall the ram and check for bent pins.

Make shure its properly installed.

The 2800mhz ram will work at XMP 2800. Other than that you can overclock manually to higher speeds if you want. 

What CPU are you using? If you are using first gen Ryzen. You might have some limit on ramspeed an manual overclock would be the inly way of getting it higher than 2666mhz

Thanks. 2nd gen ryzen, though as I know, 2200G has Zen architecture, not Zen+ like other 2nd gen CPU-s. I manually set the voltage to 1.35V, but still would not work. I'll probably see whether there is any tutorial on manual setting of rams with this CPU.

Will try.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Your memory seems to have a XMP preset 2800 mhz 16-18-18-36-54 1.2v

You may be able to get them running at 2933 or 3000 Mhz if you increase the timings - go to 17-19-19-36-54 and see if that gives you higher clocks. HIgher latency shouldn't affect performance that much.

Which channel you use shouldn't make much of a difference.

1 hour ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Thanks. 2nd gen ryzen, though as I know, 2200G has Zen architecture, not Zen+ like other 2nd gen CPU-s. I manually set the voltage to 1.35V, but still would not work. I'll probably see whether there is any tutorial on manual setting of rams with this CPU.

Will try.

Set 1,4 or 1,42 volts and then 2933mhz.

The 2200G doesnt have the best memmory controller but it should work fine.