Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vikkun

Will 3000mhz ram work on b360 board

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So recently the ram prices here and quite low and 2400 mhz and 3000 mhz ram are almost of same prize. Ram is corsair vengeance 8gb ddr4 2400/3000 mhz 

 

I am using the b360m ds3h motherboard and i read somewhere that in b360 board the maximum clock speed can be 2666 mhz for ram but the ram are quite cheap and i want to buy one so should i go for 3000 mhz or default 2400 mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vikkun said:

So recently the ram prices here and quite low and 2400 mhz and 3000 mhz ram are almost of same prize. Ram is corsair vengeance 8gb ddr4 2400/3000 mhz 

 

I am using the b360m ds3h motherboard and i read somewhere that in b360 board the maximum clock speed can be 2666 mhz for ram but the ram are quite cheap and i want to buy one so should i go for 3000 mhz or default 2400 mhz

No. That board will only support up to 2666 and no higher. 


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"The Angry Cup o` Joe" v2.0

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Phantex Enthoo Evolv | Custom front cover from mnpctech.com | Custom Top cover from Modmymods.com

EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans | Cablemod 30cm RGB LED strip

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it'll work but it will not run at 3000MHz since B360 only supports up to 2666MHz.


Take what I say with a grain of salt, some things may not be correct.

If you're replying to me, make sure to quote me or mention me (@XR6), otherwise I won't see your reply.

Useful links: Community Standards | New PSU Tier List | Posting Guidelines | Build Guide Megathread | GPU Cooler Tier List

 

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4460

Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-HD3

RAM: 8GB AMD DDR3 1600MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB

Case: In Win Mana 126

Storage: Crucial MX500 250GB

PSU: Corsair CX450M

Monitor: Samsung S24D590L

Cooling: Knockoff of an Intel stock cooler

Keyboard: Steelseries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Red, UK layout)

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

No. That board will only support up to 2666 and no higher. 

2666 is still more than 2400 

Will there be any problem if i use that 3000 mhz one? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, XR6 said:

Yes, it'll work but it will not run at 3000MHz since B360 only supports up to 2666MHz.

So should i buy 3000 mhz as 2666 is still higher than 2400 mhz. 

Will it cause any strain in motherboard or something like that? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vikkun said:

2666 is still more than 2400 

Will there be any problem if i use that 3000 mhz one? 

there will be no problem it will just run at 2666. for intel ram speed doesnt matter, makes no difference(maybe like a <1% performance difference?)


i like water.

GPU Cooling Tier List | CPU Cooling Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | PSU Tier List

SYSTEM SPECS

CPU: i5-8400

Motherboard: MSI B360 GAMING ARCTIC

GPU: OEM Dell GTX 1070, Cooler Master Vertical GPU Mount

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White

Case Fans: 9x Corsair LL120 RGB + Commander Pro(I know, overkill for my specs but I'm upgrading soon)

Thermal Paste: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7

RAM: 2 X 8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 

PSU: Corsair RM650x

Cables: Cablemod C-Series ModFlex White for RMi and RMx

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vikkun said:

So should i buy 3000 mhz as 2666 is still higher than 2400 mhz. 

Will it cause any strain in motherboard or something like that? 

you can always buy 2666mhz


i like water.

GPU Cooling Tier List | CPU Cooling Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | PSU Tier List

SYSTEM SPECS

CPU: i5-8400

Motherboard: MSI B360 GAMING ARCTIC

GPU: OEM Dell GTX 1070, Cooler Master Vertical GPU Mount

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White

Case Fans: 9x Corsair LL120 RGB + Commander Pro(I know, overkill for my specs but I'm upgrading soon)

Thermal Paste: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7

RAM: 2 X 8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 

PSU: Corsair RM650x

Cables: Cablemod C-Series ModFlex White for RMi and RMx

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vikkun said:

So should i buy 3000 mhz as 2666 is still higher than 2400 mhz. 

Will it cause any strain in motherboard or something like that? 

I would just buy whichever RAM is cheapest out of the two. For Intel CPUs RAM speed doesn't really matter that much.


Take what I say with a grain of salt, some things may not be correct.

If you're replying to me, make sure to quote me or mention me (@XR6), otherwise I won't see your reply.

Useful links: Community Standards | New PSU Tier List | Posting Guidelines | Build Guide Megathread | GPU Cooler Tier List

 

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4460

Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-HD3

RAM: 8GB AMD DDR3 1600MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB

Case: In Win Mana 126

Storage: Crucial MX500 250GB

PSU: Corsair CX450M

Monitor: Samsung S24D590L

Cooling: Knockoff of an Intel stock cooler

Keyboard: Steelseries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Red, UK layout)

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, XR6 said:

I would just buy whichever RAM is cheapest out of the two. For Intel CPUs RAM speed doesn't really matter that much.

The difference in money is just 1 or 2 dollars and i see, thanks~

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

there will be no problem it will just run at 2666. for intel ram speed doesnt matter, makes no difference(maybe like a <1% performance difference?)

Oh thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
35 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

No. That board will only support up to 2666 and no higher. 

Alright~

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason you should consider getting a 3000mhz kit over a 2666mhz kit, is to get a memory IC that is binned higher. This could potentially give you lower timings with tweaking but honestly, isn't worth it. Just get a 2666 kit or get a 2133/2400 and overclock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, alatron978 said:

The only reason you should consider getting a 3000mhz kit over a 2666mhz kit, is to get a memory IC that is binned higher. This could potentially give you lower timings with tweaking but honestly, isn't worth it. Just get a 2666 kit or get a 2133/2400 and overclock.

So there is no point in buying 3000 mhz one and i should go for 2400 mhz one? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vikkun said:

So there is no point in buying 3000 mhz one and i should go for 2400 mhz one? 

Yes, unless you want that higher bin that could let you get slightly lower timings that wouldn't really do that much at all. (plus you would have to manually change it)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, alatron978 said:

Yes, unless you want that higher bin that could let you get slightly lower timings that wouldn't really do that much at all. (plus you would have to manually change it)

Alright then i would search in local markets as well as 2400 and 3000 mhz ram prices are same in online. 

Thanks~

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vikkun said:

Alright then i would search in local markets as well as 2400 and 3000 mhz ram prices are same in online. 

Thanks~

 

If the prices are the same just get the 3000mhz kit, it will be a higher bin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, alatron978 said:

If the prices are the same just get the 3000mhz kit, it will be a higher bin.

Got it~

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×