my schools pc (massive overkill)

aidenrelkoff

Well in my graphic deisgn class. we have 1440x900s and 1600x900s.

No one except the teacher would understand why I wanted to change place, but I finally got it. Teacher didnt tell some noob, he knew it he wouldn't notice anyway.

''YES! less crappy resolution!''

Oh they also banned windows task manager last year(on my account and some others).

now its back. I only trolled explorer.exe of a guy once.

Also I was once let on the admin computer by my epic history teacher, I accidently betrayed the trustworthiness.

I was confused by the grammar of a command, but yeah I basicly replicated ones screen over everyone when I just wanted to ''see it''.

Just temporary.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

And I thought my school was overkill... a whole room of i7s.... no dedicated GPU. Mini iTX PCs.

unless these were donated, got them super cheap or some sort of funding from the government

the entire managment needs to be fired

this is a waste of school resources

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Steal the CPU and exchange it with an i3 or something. My school only has iMacs.

That's severely overkill.

Unless this is actually used for video editing or other intensive tasks I fail to see the point and it makes me enraged more than anything. My school also used to have 2000$ imacs everywhere. And guess what they were used for? Checking homework assignments online, taking pics on photo booth, going on facebook, and watch youtube videos. When you're buying 50 2000$ imacs, that's 100,000$ of money wasted when you could have bought the cheapest piece of crap windows computer that could still do the same tasks with no noticeable speed difference. Education is so f*cked up in this country that these 100,000$ could be used for much better things that would actually improve education. Whether this is in a public or private school is besides the point because it's a huge waste of money either way (although at least a private schools isn't using part of my income tax or indebting the country furthermore)

Actually that doesn't even make me as pissed as the school my brother goes to, which just spent 1.5 million $ on an ipad program. They implemented it last year and each student has an ipad now (At a cost of 900$ per ipad, despite the school having bought 1700 ipads in bulk, and the same ipad model costing 600$ in a regular retail environment with no bulk or educational discount). And guess what happens? Instead of people studying or taking notes, they're all playing games, watching netflix etc.. in the middle of class time. Obviously because ipads are easier to hide than laptops and everyone has them, it's impossible for teachers to check if people are actually on tasks. And the school is trying to go paperless. And guess what? You can't have side by side windows on ipads, so you can't look at your online textbook and do homework at the same time. Also, taking notes on an ipad is absolutely horrible. And because apple always release software updates that slow down old products, these ipad 3s that were bought for 1.5 million dollars merely 1 and a half years ago are now slow as hell and crash all the time ever since ios 7. heck I'd rather the school have bought chromebooks because at least they allow you to type at a decent speed and have two side by side windows, 

PS: I apologize for being a huge downer with my rant, just wanted to get it out there that these "educating students with technology" things are complete BS. It doesn't work people! Wake up!

Students already have their phones they're glued to, they don't need more distractions. Also tablets don't allow you to do any work as explained in the paragraph above. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Before I graduated in 2012, my school was still using Pentium 4 PCs with 1GB RAM, and Windows XP Professional.

Some of them still had Windows 2000, but I never used those so I don't know what specs they had.

Intel Core i7 860 2.8 Ghz - ASUS P7P55D LE - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
Gigabyte GTX 770 OC - G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB 1333Mhz - OCZ ZT Series 750W 80+ Bronze
CoolerMaster Storm Scout 2 - Western Digital WD Blue 1TB - Panasonic Smart Viera 47" LED

That's way overkill unless there's a lot of 3D applications that are being taught in classes.

Just wait a few years and when they toss these out in the garbage because they got a new grant for new computers, go scoop them up.

My little brother and I went dumpster diving when our school threw out their Dell Pentium 4 desktops (this was 2005 mind you).

We scooped up like 5-6 towers, worked great for Diablo 2 botting for many years!

CPU: Intel 875k @ 4Ghz, Motherboard: Asus P7P55DE Pro, RAM:8gb Corsair Dominator, GPU: ASUS GTX 660ti SLI, Case: Corsair 600T (Graphite), Storage:120gb OCZ Vertex 4/1 TB WD Black, PSU: 850W Corsair 80+ Gold, Displays: 2x ASUS 23in 1080p 120hz Cooling: Corsair H100i, Mouse/Keyboard: Razer Death Adder & Razer Black Widow, Speakers: Corsair SP2500

My school's PCs (the computers are mostly made of up of Macs, eww) run 5ish year old Pentiums, pretty sure integrated graphics, and Windows XP. We kinda suck alot

My school where I graduated and where I am working right now has Pentium Dual cores and gt210s, and some have 2gigs,1gig of ram. and a pc with 500mb of ram that lags all the time lol. when someone is using it with visual studio its lagging so much hahaha and aero is still enabled haha

I7-2600k (back to stock lol) + Noctua NH-D14 | Asus GTX 560 DC | Asus P8Z68 V/GEN3 | G.Skill RipjawsX 1333 Mhz 2x4 GB

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer | ThermalTake ToughPower Grand 750W | LG IPS237L | Razer BlackWidow 2013 | Razer Electra

[WD Caviar Blue 500 GB | Hitachi 260 GB | Seagate 120 GB | Toshiba 300 GB] <Generic mousepad & a wireless Logitech mouse T_T>

My school has mostly core 2 duos with either 4gb or ram or 16gb for the digital design class. And the video class gets i5s with 16gb and they all use integrated. All using 4:3 17in monitors I think.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Steal a 650Ti and send it over here NOW!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

We have the same CPU and GPU in our school too. The resolution in our monitors is actually 2560x1440 and it's major overkill.

At my school the best PC's we have are rubbish never mind the worst ones haha 

Best PC's ;

Core i3-3220 

4gb ram 

500GB 7200rpm drive 

Worst PC's ;

Pentium 4 HT 

1.5GB ram (used to be 1gb or 512mb on XP but upgraded to 1.5GB  when we upgraded to 7 )

40GB 5400rpm IDE drive 

CPU : 4670k MOBO : MSI Z87 G45  RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Graphics : MSI GTX660 OC Twin Frozr (Unfortunately) PSU :Corsair CX600M Storage : Crucial mx100 256GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm  OS : Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 

Our school doesn't even let us view our system specs its blocked off by the administrators but the only detail ive seen is that they run Intel core duo but some of the newer ones are running core i5 (ivy bridge) and none of the computers haven't even got dedicated GPU's 

We have laptops with weak ass i3's and 4gigs.. But 120gbs ssd installed even tough its overbloated with softwares for humans with special needs......

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

In the school I teach it's all i3 530 and GTX 210, And windows 7 enterprise FTW 

Lol my school runs athlon X4's...

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

Most schools wouldn't trust students with hardware like that. My old school got some Macs for media students and they were stolen within a month. 

DAFUQ?? I only got Core i3-2330s in each system, running at a blistering 200F and severely underclocked to 1.6 GHz. No discrete graphics whatsoever, paired with a crappy 19 inch acer monitor. Glad that they are almost silent and are not OEM brands (yuck :P dell is the worst).

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D