my schools pc (massive overkill)

aidenrelkoff

welp

i7 with 1GB of RAM xD

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Until a month ago my school had Pentium 4s, you have i7s? O.o Much luck. So jealous. 

Not even our server is remotely that good.

i'm a potato

the school board with more money then brains

Actually, the spec is pretty appropriate for animation at school. 

The only gripe is a 3770 instead of an e3-1230 v2.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

This is a pretty nice system but if they are powered using a server it makes it feel laggy even though it has pretty good specs.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I would so steal a few gpus if I went to that school...

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

mice sweeper 20 fps 

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Lucky :P My high school is new and it's kind of supposed to be for kids that want to do programming and their computers... Well, there are 2 labs: one with pcs and one with macs. The iMacs have a ridiculous 2GB of ram and those things are slowww (Im guessing these are the macs that apple gives to the nycdoe). The Pc lab has a bunch of lenovos with amd a8 apus (Not 100% sure which one) and 4GB of ram running Windows 7. The pcs destroy the macs. No wonder wh every one goes there during lunch to play counter strike on them :P

Life.exe is missing

meh, 99% of people wouldn't even know how to use them, so whats the point

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

In all fairness, some of the computer in my school have similar specs, but they're used for 3D modeling and controller our CNC machine.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

The computers in my tech graphics class have:

Core i7 3rd gen

32GB DDR3 RAM

2TB HDD

Nvidia Quattro GPU (the ~$500 model)

Win 7 64-bit

In my Computer Science class:

Core i7 3rd Gen

8GB DDR3

Some mid-range AMD GPU

Win 7 64-bit

The rest of the computers around the school are Core 2 Duo or worse monsters that are still running Windows XP and take 5 mins to boot up.

Putting software/games on the machines is against school policy, but everyone does it anyways (even the comp sci teachers don't care).

I can bypass all of the user account restrictions by using a standalone registry editor, so I have free run of most of the computers.

Most of the people in my year know about an alternative proxy IP that bypasses the internal school proxy and unblocks all websites.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

the school board with more money then brains

Where's your school, I want to visit it because you are one of the lucky student out there!

Our school still has some ancient old 1.85Ghz Core 2 Duo HP Opiplex PC's that are slow with their 1Gb of RAM and lag as hell when I use them for Word 2007 ಠ_ಠ

But hey atleast they have spend a lot of money for buying 30 HP laptop's with i3 Ivybridge  together with Radeon 8670M in them if I'm correct.

But I take my own laptop to school because their "Cloud" server is an piece of ****! I've lost 9 hours of work with these 2 reports! Gah

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

And then there's my school with 2 gigs of ram and core 2 duos.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

Well unfortunately we can't get any full permission with the PC's in my school but if I'm right, my friend and I are the only software and hardware guru's out there in our high school.

Or atleast that's what I did encounter with being a student for two years, also what our technology teacher also said because we repaired 1 broken school PC ^_^  

The fun thing that we did is putting two games in the computer class with the permission of our teacher, DooM and Call of Duty 2. 

We have "technasium" for two times two hours a week and we get ~15 minutes of break time so we can do something else than making reports for some employer who wants new idea for a theme park/ school for example. 

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

In our schools computer lab we have 30+ workstations with Xeon's and Quadro 4000's.

Thank you Minneapolis Public Schools.

Creative Build Name Here

i7 3930K | Rampage IV Extreme | NH-U14S | GTX 680 x2 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Coolermaster 1000W | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | Western Digital Black 2TB x2 | 12GB RAM Disk | HE-500 Headphones

All in the Fractal Design Define XL R2

No school needs such a powerful beast of a machine. I could swap that supercomputer for my 6-year old one I'm currently using :P.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

At my uni we have the same monitor setup but the computers run GTX680's and have 16GB ram and 3770's

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

man your lucky my school charges $20k a year and the editing pcs only have the hd on board graphics i end up having to edit videos at home 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

wow!  my old school had pentiums and HD graphics...  3000 

Does your school train students in arma or something ?!

Yeezus was the best album of all time

My university has Alienwares with GTX 680s and 3960X's in them. They have like 30... Very facepalm.

My school uses a PC with an i7 2600 and a crappy AMD card but we mostly use the PCs for Virtualization.

Intel i5 3470 | Palit GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 | 8GB Crucial Memory 1600MHZ | Crucial M500 120GB SSD | 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk | Thermaltake Smart SE 630W PSU | Sharkoon Tauron

Does your school train students in arma or something ?!

xD nope, were just boss lol

My university has Alienwares with GTX 680s and 3960X's in them. They have like 30... Very facepalm.

everyone obsesses about alienware, there overpriced pieces of crap, a $1500 alienware you could build for like $1150. 

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed