We kicked out Luke

nicklmg
Just now, Warrie said:

poor luke

look, he gets it

6 minutes ago, Warrie said:

i was talking about memes/screencaps by you, but I can't argue

TO THE MEME THREAD

Genuinely bummed about Linus losing his office. That motherboard wall is the tits. So why did he have to move anyway? Almost sounded like he had no choice in the matter.

29 minutes ago, Coalbus said:

So why did he have to move anyway? Almost sounded like he had no choice in the matter.

There was a vast hiring wave announced 6 weeks ago

It was nice to see another vlog (finally), but I honestly didn't like the structure of this one; Riley's morose voice the whole time got a little annoying and didn't really help the video make sense. I would have preferred a narration from Linus, the way he did it in the Desk PC videos. I also wish that there had a been a little tour of sorts before just so I could get an idea of where things were and a little tour after to see where everyone went, in the end it just seemed like furniture moving compilation with no real direction.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

This is when you know you are working in excess - when you spend all the effort to personalize people's work space and blow it all apart by relocating everyone. How is a company this disorganized and lacking in planning that they have to nuke the entire workplace just to accommodate a handful of new hires?

I would not want to be working there. Whatever resemblance there was to a professional and productive working environment that was also welcoming now just looks like an overcrowded zoo with different animals coexisting together. Linus and the wife should have stayed in their respective offices. That warehouse has ample capacity for a floor plan to fit more people - building on more office space would have been better than turning upside down the existing arrangement IMO. Hopefully the staff morale doesn't degrade.

On 3/23/2019 at 7:07 PM, William Payne said:

Most disorganised move I have ever seen. 

You should've seen my mother's last move. Let's just say it ended with my no-show of a brother getting removed from our mother's will because he decided to ditch her at the last minute, just because his ***** of a GF said she didn't want to come(wasn't invited in the first place). Thankfully my uncle happened to be in the neighborhood and helped us... and the neighbor even lent us a trailer to move stuff (since my brother was also in charge of the truck...)

So yeah, that was a fun day.

But seriously, why not put Floatplane Media somewhere in the lounge? Not like you can technically use that lounge during business hours.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I understand why the writing staff and the sales, designer stuff switch places. What I don't understand is why Nick, Linus and Yvonne moved. 

This was the clickbait that made me unsub from the channel. Sad days. 

• 3 weeks later...

Awful, awful video. Whomever edited this farce, deserves to be fired immeditaely. Utter self-indulgent nonsense.

just from the thumbnail facial expression, who do link Luke is..? Left or right?

I'd say left guy lol

12 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

just from the thumbnail facial expression, who do link Luke is..? Left or right?

I'd say left guy lol

Linus can't grow a beard, so he's not the one on the right.. Two Lukes?

1 hour ago, lewdicrous said:

Linus can't grow a beard, so he's not the one on the right.. Two Lukes?

comon, imagine you dont know who they are already!

1 hour ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

comon, imagine you dont know who they are already!

But they look so alike /s

• 2 weeks later...

It really is a shame Linus had to move. If the motherboard wall is mounted on a drywall, it might be possible to cut that section out (take quite some effort of course) and place it in his new office. I also think Linus will miss the big screen embedded in his former office's wall.

As for the Floatplane staff, they could (in case they want to spend tons on money) buy an old, mothballed plane, find a place to park it and convert it into an office. The planes wheels could easily be covered to make it look more like a floatplane. (The whole idea is not very realistic, I know)