Major Malfunction

Samhus

So I'm going to keep this short. Every new graphics card I input into my PC almost instantly has digital snow after driver installation (PC uses onboarding graphics before I have the driver). It will then begin to blink on and off (the screen) and will eventually stop working. I have no fucking clue what's going on. I'm starting to think its somthing I'm doing (or my computer) and I'm at a loss on how to fix it. And yes I am installing it correctly (uninstalling old drivers beforehand, unplugging the psu, ect....)

what cpu? what motherboard? how old is the pc? which gpu are you trying to use? windows 10? more details pls.

By installing and uninstalling drivers, does that also include your onboard graphics drivers? say intel HD graphics for example?

54 minutes ago, Samhus said:

So I'm going to keep this short. Every new graphics card I input into my PC almost instantly has digital snow after driver installation (PC uses onboarding graphics before I have the driver). It will then begin to blink on and off (the screen) and will eventually stop working. I have no fucking clue what's going on. I'm starting to think its somthing I'm doing (or my computer) and I'm at a loss on how to fix it. And yes I am installing it correctly (uninstalling old drivers beforehand, unplugging the psu, ect....)

Try another monitor?

1 hour ago, Samhus said:

Every new graphics card I input into my PC almost instantly has digital snow after driver installation (PC uses onboarding graphics before I have the driver). It will then begin to blink on and off (the screen) and will eventually stop working.

Wait, do these graphics cards no longer work in other systems when this happens?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad