Does this router work only with DSL?

Hi guys i need a cheap enterprise grade (maybe) router for my servers old workstation and gaming stuff. I saw this router on eBay. We use NBN fibre network in Australia and has recently left DSL, which is good because the modem (which they call “the box”) is now separate from the router (which Telstra calls “modem”). I need a router that can work with standard network modem with rj45 and not DSL. Will this work? It has a DSL jack but it also has a WAN port and i think it will work.

15 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

Hi guys i need a cheap enterprise grade (maybe) router for my servers old workstation and gaming stuff. I saw this router on eBay. We use NBN fibre network in Australia and has recently left DSL, which is good because the modem (which they call “the box”) is now separate from the router (which Telstra calls “modem”). I need a router that can work with standard network modem with rj45 and not DSL. Will this work? It has a DSL jack but it also has a WAN port and i think it will work.

I don't even know where to start...

What type of NBN connection do you have? FTTP? FTTN? FTTC? FTTB? HFC? Fixed Wireless? Satellite?

Does this router work only with DSL?

I saw this router on eBay
Will this work?

What router? You didn't tell us what model of router it is!

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I don't even know where to start...

What type of NBN connection do you have? FTTP? FTTN? FTTC? FTTB? HFC? Fixed Wireless? Satellite?

What router? You didn't tell us what model of router it is!

Sorry the link didn’t work I failed to paste it

and tell you what, never mind and

STOP ANSWERING MY POSTS IF YOU THINK THEY ARE NOOBY

IM MAKING MYSELF CRINGE

Bye I will try to delete the page if possible cuz I found the solution

11 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

Sorry the link didn’t work I failed to paste it

and tell you what, never mind and

STOP ANSWERING MY POSTS IF YOU THINK THEY ARE NOOBY

IM MAKING MYSELF CRINGE

Bye I will try to delete the page if possible cuz I found the solution

Not to sound like a prude, but its really hard to put a puzzle together with only half the pieces. Sounds like @Spotty was just asking for more background information so he could help you better.

16 minutes ago, CodeNova said:

Not to sound like a prude, but its really hard to put a puzzle together with only half the pieces. Sounds like @Spotty was just asking for more background information so he could help you better.

No, thanks to all, but i’ve Made enough mistakes to prove i have more to learn than i thought. I just found the info i needed, though.

I apologise, I didn't mean to be a dick.

... But you can't ask for help but not provide any information at all that would allow people to provide you with the help you're asking for. You can't expect people to be able to tell you if something is compatible with your systems if you don't tell them what is is or give them any information about it.

There's also a lot of confusing statements in your post, namely referring to routers as modems, so when you asked about buying a router that isn't for DSL I was left with no idea whether you were trying to buy a modem or a router.

Let's go back to basics.

What are you trying to buy? A modem or a router?
A modem converts the signal from the outside line in to a signal that your computers can understand. A Router is what distributes ("routes") that signal throughout the house to your various devices.
If you have a connection type such as FTTP, then you will have a NTD provided and installed by NBNCo when your connection was installed at your premises which terminates the fibre line from the street and acts as the modem. This 'modem' will then be connected to a separate router device via ethernet. You don't need to purchase a modem.
If you have FTTN, then you will need to purchase a modem yourself, or be provided one by your service provider, which will then plug in to your existing phone line inside the house. These can come in the form of Modem/Routers which combine the functionality of both a Modem and a Router in to one device, or they can be separate devices.

What are you trying to do with this device?
You mentioned you needed "enterprise grade" hardware for "gaming stuff"? What does this mean? Why do you need enterprise grade equipment?
How many devices do you need to connect to (assuming router)?

What are you looking at?

Do you have the name or model number of the device(s) you were looking at?

What's your budget?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450