A slew of AMD X570 boards are leaked

Master Disaster

There's not really much to say, most of this stuff was a certain to happen.

Let's start with Asus

The list is clearly just a hint on what ASUS is working on. That said, it is not the final list.

The X570 motherboards will be designed with full Ryzen 3000 series desktop processors support in mind. The new X570 chipset is rumored to be based on AMD in-house design, rather than on ASMedia’s solution.

More importantly, the X570 series are expected to be the first PCIe 4.0 enabled motherboards.

The list includes ROG Crosshair VIII, ROG Strix, Prime, Pro WS and TUF Gaming series:

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA
    ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO
    ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ROG CROSSHAIR VIII IMPACT
    ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
    ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
    ROG STRIX X570-I GAMING
    PRIME X570-P
    PRIME X570-PRO
    Pro WS X570-ACE
    TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
    TUF GAMING X570-PLUS

And Asrock

In case you do not remember, ASRock’s X570 series were also leaked through the Eurasian Economic Commission website:

ASROCK-X570.jpg

Nothing from MSI or Gigabyte yet.

https://videocardz.com/newz/upcoming-asus-x570-motherboards

Like I said, nothing ground breaking, mostly expected but still shows these things are getting close to release.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Nice... Im guessing that these will run on AM4

also... We are ready Ryzen show us what we may worship (or not)

✨FNIGE✨

Just now, SlimyPython said:

Nice... Im guessing that these will run on AM4

also... We are ready Ryzen show us what we may worship (or not)

Yeah, it's already confirmed Zen 2 will use the exact same socket as Zen 1 & Zen 1+. Earlier this week Asus, MSI & Gigabyte all released X370 & X470 BIOS updates that add support for Ryzen 3000 CPUs.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Did AMD say specifically when theyre gonna release 3rd Gen? I forgot

or atleast Q3 hints etc

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

5 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Did AMD say specifically when theyre gonna release 3rd Gen? I forgot

or atleast Q3 hints etc

Nothing official but semi official it's June/July.

Cool. An inhouse design and PCIe 4.0. It's not big of a deal but nice knowing it's future proof and being their inhouse just feels a bit better.

Just now, RejZoR said:

Cool. An inhouse design and PCIe 4.0. It's not big of a deal but nice knowing it's future proof and being their inhouse just feels a bit better.

I'm currently having an issue where my Pixel 3 won't connect to my PC because the USB Type C port is running through an Asmedia controller. Ditching Asmedia is a very smart move IMO.

I mean they usually are all pretty much the same year after year

6 minutes ago, floofer said:

I mean they usually are all pretty much the same year after year

Yeah but the fact the list exists means they are close.

30 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Yeah but the fact the list exists means they are close.

Production might have allready started.

The fact these lists excist at this point means they have had good time to prepare motherboards before launch. Which is good news. 

Apart from PCIe 4.0, the main thing I have heard will be better with x570 is that they should be rated for higher power.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

4 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

It is technically official, but there's not an exact date.  All it says it "middle of the year", and that could mean any point during the summer.

In some companies minds, may and august could be considered middle of the year too btw.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

8 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

I wonder what the Featureset of the X570 is, what's new that it brings to the table?

Given it is a chance to bring new features that may not have been available previously, what else has been in the news recently that could be candidates? USB3.2gen2x2twotutu? USB4? PCIe4? 

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

47 minutes ago, porina said:

Given it is a chance to bring new features that may not have been available previously, what else has been in the news recently that could be candidates? USB3.2gen2x2twotutu? USB4? PCIe4? 

PCIe 4 mostly. There's not been a lot else to come out. But the new chipset can handle more SATA and USB devices in general. Thunderbolt 3 will probably eventually show up on AMD boards, but that's probably the Zen3 generation.

31 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

PCIe 4 mostly. There's not been a lot else to come out. But the new chipset can handle more SATA and USB devices in general. Thunderbolt 3 will probably eventually show up on AMD boards, but that's probably the Zen3 generation.

there were some mur-murs that inhouse chipset means tb3 this gen, but its probably just a safety measure since all those spectres meltdowns and ryzenfalls, esp ryzenfall was problem with asmedia chipset and its interactions with security enclave. Or perhaps it was on a roadmap for a long-long time, its a step to a full SoC. One can only dream of a package with 16gb hbm2, 40cu and 8-16 cores. THE HEAT THE POWER

So in a couple of years if i feel like it.. i can turn in mah ryzen 2600 and go for something in the 3000 range 3800x or something without any trouble?

2 minutes ago, hobobobo said:

there were some mur-murs that inhouse chipset means tb3 this gen, but its probably just a safety measure since all those spectres meltdowns and ryzenfalls, esp ryzenfall was problem with asmedia chipset and its interactions with security enclave. Or perhaps it was on a roadmap for a long-long time, its a step to a full SoC. One can only dream of a package with 16gb hbm2, 40cu and 8-16 cores. THE HEAT THE POWER

Intel only made TB3 an open standard in January. AMD might have known it was coming, but they'd have held off on that. Plus, if the added chipset is a new, in-house design, I doubt they'd push out some brand new tech, to them, on the first go. They can do that for X670 next year. TB3 is also going to become part of the USB4 standard.

https://usb.org/sites/default/files/2019-03/USB_PG_USB4_DevUpdate_Announcement_FINAL_20190226.pdf

The USB Group just "announced the announcement" of the USB 4 spec. I suspect AMD will do it in their refresh cycle.

1 minute ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

So in a couple of years if i feel like it.. i can turn in mah ryzen 2600 and go for something in the 3000 range 3800x or something without any trouble?

At stock speeds, yeah. Pretty much any B350 through X470 will handle the stock stuff. It's OC'ing that'll fry boards. AMD is maybe pushing the TDP up 10w. That's not enough to cause problems for even cheap VRMs on AM4.

6 minutes ago, hobobobo said:

ryzenfalls, esp ryzenfall was problem with asmedia chipset and its interactions with security enclave. 

Ryzenfall was total horse shit and at best Stock Manipulatoion, at worst paid opposition research, that had to have some shit to attack the other side on.

Just ignore that nonsense!

When you have to have PHYSICAL ACCESS to the System to exploit it, its not a real exploit. Because you could also just reboot it to a Linux enviroment and take the data you want.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

7 minutes ago, hobobobo said:

Ryzen is a full SoC. The current chipsets add only USB and SATA ports. That's why they're 55nm designs on a PCIe 2.0 bus. They don't need much bandwidth. 

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Production might have allready started.

The fact these lists excist at this point means they have had good time to prepare motherboards before launch. Which is good news. 

Technically parts of it started quite some time ago with the CPU chiplets.

Just now, cj09beira said:

how didn't people noticed yet, We getting a Ryzen Ws board guys

Saw it in Videocardz comments, lol. That's actually big for AMD.