Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlastaMastaa

My FPS drops around 50% after 15-20 games of fortnite

On 3/23/2019 at 1:24 AM, BlastaMastaa said:

While playing fortnite on the pc my game runs great until anywhere from 15-20 games in where my frames will go from a consistent 120-160 to literally 40-70 and will continue to decline in fps until I restart my game or even my pc on some occasions. I also noticed when this drop occurs my gpu usage drops from about 30% usage to 15% usage. My temperatures never appear to go abnormally high. My gpu drivers are up to date. I appreciate any help given.

My specs are:

RTX 2070

i7 6800k

4x4gb ddr4 2133mHz ram (corsair vengeance)

250gb SSD 

check the ram usage it might be the bottle neck in your system

Posted · Original PosterOP

While playing fortnite on the pc my game runs great until anywhere from 15-20 games in where my frames will go from a consistent 120-160 to literally 40-70 and will continue to decline in fps until I restart my game or even my pc on some occasions. I also noticed when this drop occurs my gpu usage drops from about 30% usage to 15% usage. My temperatures never appear to go abnormally high. My gpu drivers are up to date. I appreciate any help given.

My specs are:

RTX 2070

i7 6800k

250gb SSD

Reinstall Fortnite, and if that doesn't fix it, reinstall Windows.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: i7-950 OC'd to 3.96GHz @ 1.325V Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: XFX R7 370 4GB Storage: WD Blue 1tb and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S (MX Browns) Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Steelseries Arctis 5

lol why are you here, nobody is allowed to be here

Posted · Best Answer
On 3/23/2019 at 1:24 AM, BlastaMastaa said:

My specs are:

RTX 2070

i7 6800k

250gb SSD 

check the ram usage it might be the bottle neck in your system

my current setup:                              cpu:amd ryzen 1600x      

cpu cooler :noctua nh l9i                  mobo:gigabyte ab350-gaming 3

ram:crosair vengance 16 gb             gpu:amd rx 580 pulse                      

tower:antec p8                                  psu:antec 550W

its your computer telling you to play something else

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.