Reboot Loop and Freezing while loading Windows

Yappadeago

In brief, my pc starts up, gets into a reboot loop (which it has been doing for a while now, but not as bad), it then eventually makes it to the Gigabyte logo/bios part and tries to load windows, it then completely freezes.

I can sometimes enter the bios, but it's takes a fair bit and 10 or so minutes to get into it just because of the rebooting loops. Once in the bios I can adjust settings, but they all get reset the moment I save and it reboots.

My pc was working fine(except for the reboot loops), but then I tried to get my motherboard to recognize my new NVME M.2 970 Evo and I was trying different bios settings. I went into the q flash to just see how I would update the bios and then without doing anything, the next reboot caused it to "update the bios". This started the problem. It removed all my previous settings and saves in the bios and it basically reset the bios, but then the problems with getting into windows started.

Since then I've tried updating the bios (now it recognizes the m.2) and using different boot drives with only the boot drive connected, including using my laptop's ssd, this got to the windows login, but then it was either frozen or my mouse and keyboard wasn't working. I've also tried getting into the backup bios, but the rebooting stops this and it also stops me getting into windows safe mode.

I can upload a video of what it's doing if necessary.

OS: Windows 10 (At-least updated since February, I can't check)

Bios: Use to be on the original (F3 or F4), now it's running F8

Specs:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA Z97X Gaming 7

CPU - i5 4690k (@4.6GHz before bios reset)

CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i 

GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB G1

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 -1600

PSU - Corsair CX600M 600W

Original Boot Drive - Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSD

have you tried only having one ssd in the system?

Have you tested the drives in an external bay and scanned them for corrupt files?

I've tried only using the m.2 and the original ssd, neither seem to work.

I've scanned the ssd and my hard drives, all seem to be in good condition.

I also tried replacing the motherboard battery to see if that would fix the reboot loop. It did not.

Do you possibly have a spare motherboard to test with the drives to see if windows boots with another motherboard?

I tried using my pc's boot drive on another pc and it loaded perfectly into it like it was on my pc.

Also, my PC displayed a message when turning it on giving me the option to reset the bios to the optimized defaults and boot. It then proceeded to still freeze when loading windows.

On 3/24/2019 at 1:54 PM, Yappadeago said:

I tried using my pc's boot drive on another pc and it loaded perfectly into it like it was on my pc.

Also, my PC displayed a message when turning it on giving me the option to reset the bios to the optimized defaults and boot. It then proceeded to still freeze when loading windows.

Have you tested the motherboard with other components and possibly replace the cmos battery (I think that's what it's called)