Displayport for 144hz 1080p

qwerty99

Hello, which version should I get for 144hz 1080p RTX 2060?

Is displayport and displayport male the same thing?

Thanks.

The male and female parts of a cable only describe which part you plug in and which part is being plugged into (I'll leave it up to your imagination to why it's called that way and which one is which).

The RTX 2060 probably has a Displayport >1.2 port, that'll be plenty for 1080p 144Hz

Edited by myselfolli
Re-worded

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

1 minute ago, myselfolli said:

The male and female parts of a cable only describe which part you plug in and which part is being plugged into (I'll leave it up to your imagination to why it's called that way and which one is which).

The RTX 2060 probably has a Displayport 1.2 port, that'll be plenty for 1080p 144Hz

Everywhere I've checked it says 1.4, will 1.2 or 1.3 work with it?

Just now, boboo said:

Everywhere I've checked it says 1.4, will 1.2 or 1.3 work with it?

Yes

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

22 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

Yes

Damn, I messed up, noticed that my BENQ XL2411Z monitor doesn't have DP. What are the possible solutions to connect my monitor to RTX 2060 to achieve 1080p 144hz? Would DVI-D to displayport be possible? What is the minimal displayport version to achieve 144hz?

3 minutes ago, boboo said:

Damn, I messed up, noticed that my BENQ XL2411Z monitor doesn't have DP. What are the possible solutions to connect my monitor to RTX 2060 to achieve 1080p 144hz? Would DVI-D to displayport be possible? What is the minimal displayport version to achieve 144hz?

The solution would be a non-standard HDMI cable. I'm having trouble remembering what version, but I know that the monitor and card need the port. 

I think the port is hdmi 1.4 and hdmi 2.0.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

4 minutes ago, mxk. said:

The solution would be a non-standard HDMI cable. I'm having trouble remembering what version, but I know that the monitor and card need the port. 

I think the port is hdmi 1.4 and hdmi 2.0.

I read that this monitor can't get 144hz through HDMI cable, don't know how true is that. I tested HDMI 1.4 and it showed that cable isn't even connected (i suppose because RTX 2060 has 2.0/2.1?). So there's hope with 2.0/2.1 HDMI and DVI-D to DP adapter (what adapter should i look for, I suppose not the most basic one)?

Just now, boboo said:

I read that this monitor can't get 144hz through HDMI cable, don't know how true is that. I tested HDMI 1.4 and it showed that cable isn't even connected (i suppose because RTX 2060 has 2.0/2.1?). So there's hope with 2.0/2.1 HDMI and DVI-D to DP adapter (what adapter should i look for, I suppose not the most basic one)?

The 2.0 cable is probably going to be expensive. You can get 144hz on HDMI as long as the cable and ports support it.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

32 minutes ago, mxk. said:

The 2.0 cable is probably going to be expensive. You can get 144hz on HDMI as long as the cable and ports support it.

Looks my monitor supports only 1.2 hdmi cables only. I've looked up some DVI-D to DP active adapter reviews, and a lot of people are saying that they don't achieve 144hz. Is there a way to know if adapter will work and it's not fake?

EDIT: so basically it's risky and everything below 100$ should be fake?

1 hour ago, boboo said:

Looks my monitor supports only 1.2 hdmi cables only. I've looked up some DVI-D to DP active adapter reviews, and a lot of people are saying that they don't achieve 144hz. Is there a way to know if adapter will work and it's not fake?

EDIT: so basically it's risky and everything below 100$ should be fake?

See section 0 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-a-120-hz-display.3268285/