Switching from a xbox one to Switch.

Master Dorphath

So, recently I have been thinking about selling my xbox, and then using the money that I get from that to buy a switch. I already have a computer that I use for running the more beefy games, but I thought it would be nice to upgrade from my xbox to a switch just for the portability. Of course, if I got the switch, then I would have to start over with my game library. So which should I do, should I sell my xbox, and buy the switch, since I have my pc for running the games that require the power, or should I just keep everything the way that it is? I don't have friends that come over that often to play games, but when they do, I like to have something to play with them on, and I do enjoy some of the Nintendo exclusives.

5 hours ago, Master Dorphath said:

So, recently I have been thinking about selling my xbox, and then using the money that I get from that to buy a switch. I already have a computer that I use for running the more beefy games, but I thought it would be nice to upgrade from my xbox to a switch just for the portability.

Its not just the portability.

With the switch you get access to games you couldn't play before.

If they are games you want to play, the Switch is for you.

But remember: 

The Console is a device to play games. The XBox has nothing no more.

Forza is on PC, Master Chief Collection will come to PC later.

But pls look at the games, if they are for you!

5 hours ago, Master Dorphath said:

Of course, if I got the switch, then I would have to start over with my game library. So which should I do, should I sell my xbox, and buy the switch, since I have my pc for running the games that require the power, or should I just keep everything the way that it is? I don't have friends that come over that often to play games, but when they do, I like to have something to play with them on, and I do enjoy some of the Nintendo exclusives.

Case closed.

You enjoy the Nintendo games -> Switch is for you.

That also means you don't really Enjoy the XBox.

And there is one reason for the One X. ONE!

And that's a last gen Game.

Red Dead Redemption...

And of course a compilation of older Games -> Rare Replay.

I have an XBox One X as well and I am very unhappy with it. So I can understand you wanting to sell it as there are no exclusive titles...

At this point in time, M$ should open up the One and at least allow Steam, UPlay and Origin on the One.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Can you actually get much for a used XBox? If you have a competent PC I see no reason to want anything XBox One other than the controller. Handheld mode on the Switch is especially great for 2D games like Monster Boy and Dead Cells. Before getting a Switch I always thought people were buying indie games you could just get on Steam to justify the purchase of the system, but they really are great played handheld. Overall library isn't as good as XBox One's, but then again you already have access to XBox One's entire library on your PC. And Switch's library has definitely filled out with a lot of quality titles by now, plus there are some really exciting games slated for release this year such as Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, and Pokemon Sword/Shield (I loved the old Game Boy games twenty years ago, so I'll definitely play this one too). Then I'm waiting for Dragon's Quest XI to get a Switch port (coming this fall) to play it handheld. Hopefully we see a Persona 5 port too with all the rumors flying around about that.

I wouldn't call the Switch an upgrade from an XBox One. You are switching from a console to a handheld with inferior graphics but with the advantage of portability. It's just a different platform.

Frankly, the Switch is great for games that aren't available on the PS4 or XBox One but when it comes to multiplats, it just isn't worth the graphical downgrade for the sake of portability. You are much better just streaming to a laptop if you want to play XBox games if you want to do some grinding on the go. That way, when you do get home, you can play with better graphics, controls, and online infrastructure. 

So really, I would be looking at upgrading your One to an X and getting a Switch for the exclusives. If you have to choose one or the other, it really depends on if the exclusives on the Switch are worth it. I know if I had to choose, I would go with an X over a Switch. The Nintendo exclusives aren't worth it to me to miss out on playing AAA multiplats in 4k.

I do have a halfway decent PC, although it can't handle the newer AAA games in 4k but even if it could, I would still want my X around because I don't always want to play on PC. For some having a beefy PC negates needing a console like the X but I don't fit into that camp.

11 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I wouldn't call the Switch an upgrade from an XBox One. You are switching from a console to a handheld with inferior graphics but with the advantage of portability. It's just a different platform.

because you don't want to see the non existant libary of the XBox and the Libary of the Switch.

Again, the Hardware of a Console is completely irrelevant, it just does not matter. Especially since historically the shittier Console almost always won the Console wars - bacause there was a shit ton of games on there.

If you already have a PC and want to use that, there is no reason for the XBox no more.

Frankly, the Switch is great for games that aren't available on the PS4 or XBox One but when it comes to multiplats, it just isn't worth the graphical downgrade for the sake of portability.

But the gameplay upgrade

and the upgrade in amount of playable games.

If there is a Box that increases the amount of playable Games by ZERO, its total nonsense.

If there is another Box that increases the amount of playable games that you couldn't play before by a couple of dozend, that is awesome. And an Upgrade.

Graphics doesn't matter

Hardware doesn't matter

Fun playing the games does matter.

And Mario Odyssey is really fun

The WiiU Ports are really fun

The upcoming titles will be fun

What is there on the XBox?!

The only reason to keep it is  because nobody wants it and thus the price in the toilet -> not worth much used.

You are much better just streaming to a laptop if you want to play XBox games if you want to do some grinding on the go.

And lose out on the shit ton of exclusive Nintendo games?
Not have played Super Mario Odyssey??

I played Odyssey and its one of the easiest Mario Games ever made.

And its an awesome Game that you should have played!

Halo Master Chief Collection is OK, but not great. Doesn't hold up too well after almost 20 Years for the first game.

And to make it worse: Its coming to PC later!

So what reason is there to keep the XBox?!
There won't be any new titles.

The "Exclusives" that are still there will move to PC...

That way, when you do get home, you can play with better graphics, controls, and online infrastructure. 

You never had a Switch, did you?!
Do you actually know what you're talking about??

I have the XBox. And I am very unhappy with the Plattform. The UI is shit, the Store is worse, the XBox Users have my sympathy for betting on a dead Plattform and getting fucked over by M$ because all the reasons they bought the XBox for are coming to PC. Myself included.

Because if there are no games there is hardly a reason for the CBox to exist, without the ability to boot a normal Standard Windows or run Steam/Uplay/Origin on it!

If I can run Steam and all my Games on the XBox One X it makes kinda sense. Without that ability, it doesn't.

So really, I would be looking at upgrading your One to an X and getting a Switch for the exclusives.

What the heck?!
You know how freaking expensive the X is?! And why should he Upgrade to the X?

It doesn't increase the amount of Games if you already have a decent PC!!

it just makes no sense.

It makes more sense to replace the XBox with a Playstation because you increase the Amounts of Games you can play by a couple.

Try playing Dragon Quest 11 on XBox.

And its one of the best classical JRPGs that came in the last couple of years.

Or try playing Octopath Traveller on XBox...

If you have to choose one or the other, it really depends on if the exclusives on the Switch are worth it.

...and the non existant Exclusives on the XBox, wich is the Reason why he wants to sell the XBox in the first Place...

What good does the XBox One do if you can play Gears of War 4 on PC? At 60fps instead of 30...

What good is the XBox if you can play Forza Horizon 3 and 4 as well as Motorsport 7 on PC?

So with a Windows PC, you can play (almost) anything on there anyway.

How do you play Hyrule or Fire EMblem Warriors, Zelda Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveller on XBox??

I know if I had to choose, I would go with an X over a Switch. The Nintendo exclusives aren't worth it to me to miss out on playing AAA multiplats in 4k.

HE ALREADY HAS THE XBOX, why the heck should he buy the X Version of a Console he wants to get rid of?!

Money isn't infinite, he might not be able to afford 

He doesn't seem to be too satisfied with the XBox - and I totally understand him. Because neither am I.

So how do you justify wasting money on a console, he doesn't want no more, that has no exclusives, versus a (mobile) Console that has a shit ton of exclusives, that have some really awesome games you can't play otherwise??

The 4K "Argument" is bullshit.

Because he already CAN Play Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3 and 4, Motorsport 7 and a couple of other Games in 4K, at 60fps!

He don't need no Xbox for that.

And the rest of the Games are on PC anyway.

Disclaimer:
I actually own both Switch and XBox One X, as well as XBox 360, Playstation 3, 4 PRO, WiiU, 3DS.

And there was no reason for me to hate the XBox one when I got it...

The reason I hate the XBox is the stupid shop that doesn't allow to buy 360 Games from the One without payment Options in the M$ Account. RLY?! I can buy anything I want from a Webstore on other Plattforms (PSN, Nintendo Store)...

And in the "console wars", the Switch comes out on top without any question asked (though I still say that the Switch doesn't make too much sense if you own a WiiU), with the PS4 coming in second with Games like Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War (GAME OF THE YEAR 2018!) and some others...

The XBox has totally lost it and is a waste of money as all the interesting games are on PC anyway...

i would still keep the xbox one if your talking about the s variant then ill use it as a UHD bluray player, which is what xbox is doing now

lives on

BAKABT

All I want to say, is that they are heavy rumors that Nintendo will release this year 2 Switch models:

-> Low cost model

-> "Pro" like model (this one may replace the current one, all depending the price and performance upgrade)

Might be best to hold off any decisions for now. Beside E3 is soon.

I personally wouldn't get the Nintendo switch lite just because I want the portable joycons.

On 3/23/2019 at 8:39 AM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Can you actually get much for a used XBox? If you have a competent PC I see no reason to want anything XBox One other than the controller. Handheld mode on the Switch is especially great for 2D games like Monster Boy and Dead Cells. Before getting a Switch I always thought people were buying indie games you could just get on Steam to justify the purchase of the system, but they really are great played handheld. Overall library isn't as good as XBox One's, but then again you already have access to XBox One's entire library on your PC. And Switch's library has definitely filled out with a lot of quality titles by now, plus there are some really exciting games slated for release this year such as Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, and Pokemon Sword/Shield (I loved the old Game Boy games twenty years ago, so I'll definitely play this one too). Then I'm waiting for Dragon's Quest XI to get a Switch port (coming this fall) to play it handheld. Hopefully we see a Persona 5 port too with all the rumors flying around about that.

I was kinda asking from advice from switch and Xbox owners not from a Xbox fanboy.

On 4/1/2019 at 3:02 AM, Master Dorphath said:

I personally wouldn't get the Nintendo switch lite just because I want the portable joycons.

The joycons are kinda meh, the Switch PRO Controller is kinda overrated.
DPAD is shit, Buttons kinda mushy.

I really don't get the Hype.

Though I admit that I should send in a Ticket with Ubi because it somewhat does and doesn't work...

sad thing: XBox One Controller seem to work worse in Assasin's Creed 3 Remastered than the PS4 Controller...

On 4/1/2019 at 3:02 AM, Master Dorphath said:

I was kinda asking from advice from switch and Xbox owners not from a Xbox fan

Yeah, I have both, thogh only 2 Games purchased for the XBoner (Forza Horizon 2, no longer available and Master Chief Collection)...

And already have 3 games on Switch...

And the Switch is an awesome console with very nice games.

Because I already have a WiiU, most games don't make too much sense for me to buy, especially for the price, as they are only WiiU remakes. But you don't have that "Problem", so a ton of awesome games for the Switch.

The Mobile Mode I find not that great as the resolution is on the high side or the display on the small side, however you might take it. At least for Fire Emblem Warriors.

Super Mario Odyssey worked great. Octopath Traveller also works great on the smaller screen (IMO possibly better)...

So my oppionion is: Right now, the XBox doesn't make too much sense as you can play the games on PC anyway.

The Switch Games you can't...

Owning a decent PC, Switch, Xbox One, Ps4 etc..  I'd vote going for the Switch if you already have a decent gaming PC.  

I've always found that the Nintendo consoles are always the best compliment to owning a gaming PC.  This goes back even to the Wii era.

On 4/3/2019 at 3:06 PM, Majinhoju said:

Owning a decent PC, Switch, Xbox One, Ps4 etc..  I'd vote going for the Switch if you already have a decent gaming PC.  

I've always found that the Nintendo consoles are always the best compliment to owning a gaming PC.  This goes back even to the Wii era.

Same here, I own all of the consoles as well.

The Switch is a nice addition and the portability is very nice when traveling.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU