Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KeyzHostHD

Freely Resize Windows

2 hours ago, KeyzHostHD said:

so nothing like that yet , do you think it could be possible in the near future ?

Well, there's away but its not like what you are after. Or I think there might already be something you are after. The feature definitely existing is having monitor provide another video source as smaller window on corner. And this might be possible with some sort of software which give you peak on desktop. I don't know if you would be able to interact with that peak window or just see what's in there.

Just stick it to that side and grab it from the top to pull it down to the spot you're pointing at.

Used -700% storage

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Mayushii said:

Just stick it to that side and grab it from the top to pull it down to the spot you're pointing at.

oh i didnt mean for it to be small in 1 corner i meant for it to be like in the picture + the right bottom side so only the top right corner is showing the desktop

Oh so you want that spot to be visible at all times no matter what windows are on the desktop? Thats pretty specific, haven't heard of any software for that.

Used -700% storage

59 minutes ago, Mayushii said:

Oh so you want that spot to be visible at all times no matter what windows are on the desktop? Thats pretty specific, haven't heard of any software for that.

yh heres an example
Untitled.png.23f809ac54511c5dc292eae1cd811ba4.png

You could do it with Windows Snap? Choose a window, hit ⊞ Win + Left key to snap a window to 50% of the screen, then choose the second program to occupy the remaining 50% on the right. After that use ⊞ Win + Down to move that second window to use the bottom right quarter of the screen, when Windows prompts for a program for the upper right quarter, just hit Esc.

You can't turn windows into anything more complicated than a rectangle. To have a single program take the shape of that polygon would need to have that program be designed to be that exact shape.

1 hour ago, Zagna said:

You could do it with Windows Snap? Choose a window, hit ⊞ Win + Left key to snap a window to 50% of the screen, then choose the second program to occupy the remaining 50% on the right. After that use ⊞ Win + Down to move that second window to use the bottom right quarter of the screen, when Windows prompts for a program for the upper right quarter, just hit Esc.

not what i mean its hard to explain ill try to explain it in the attachment below again
Untitled.thumb.png.42fcf4397c253af9d4463a8144f53ee7.png

Just now, KeyzHostHD said:

not what i mean its hard to explain ill try to explain it in the attachment below again

That's impossible. Windows are rectangular, not complex polygons.

1 hour ago, Zagna said:

That's impossible. Windows are rectangular, not complex polygons.

so nothing like that yet , do you think it could be possible in the near future ?

Posted · Best Answer
2 hours ago, KeyzHostHD said:

Well, there's away but its not like what you are after. Or I think there might already be something you are after. The feature definitely existing is having monitor provide another video source as smaller window on corner. And this might be possible with some sort of software which give you peak on desktop. I don't know if you would be able to interact with that peak window or just see what's in there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

is there any way you can try to find it ?

41 minutes ago, KeyzHostHD said:

is there any way you can try to find it ?

No, I don't know for sure that it would exist. But I've seen enough crazy little software to know that if anyone has thought about it at some point, they might have done it too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

No, I don't know for sure that it would exist. But I've seen enough crazy little software to know that if anyone has thought about it at some point, they might have done it too.

huh , ok thanks anyways , im gonna try to google around