Pc doesn't start when fan is connected

TamedKnight

I have a fan that has only a molex connector. My psu has a cable that ends with a molex and a 3 pin header in unison which can be used to connect the fan to the motherboard. But if I have the fan connected and try to start my pc it simply doesn't work. I must unplug it to be able to start it. Could anyone help me? My mobo is brand new so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue.

9 minutes ago, TamedKnight said:

I have a fan that has only a molex connector. My psu has a cable that ends with a molex and a 3 pin header in unison which can be used to connect the fan to the motherboard. But if I have the fan connected and try to start my pc it simply doesn't work. I must unplug it to be able to start it. Could anyone help me? My mobo is brand new so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue.

It may be shorting out if you don't have the cable 100% attached. It's kinda like your PC's defense mechanism to not short out whilst running.

If your fan has only molex, then just connect that molex. Don't use both connectors. I don't quite understand what you mean with PSU having cable with molex and another header for mobo. That cable from PSU doesn't exist as PSU is just delivering power. If you have connected something else to mobo from PSU than 24pin and 4/8pin power connectors, there's the issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv