Memory_Management BSOD

Illegal Squirrel
Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
2 hours ago, Illegal Squirrel said:

So I've run the test overnight, and when I got back, I didn't see the result screen, instead I see the main menu(the first menu that appears after you boot MemTest), what's that mean ? should I test it again, or not ? btw, if I extract something to disk F(presumably the failed driver) its either data error (cyclic redundancy check, although, I think the error also happens if I extract it to another disk, since the error probably cause by the rar files it self that I've downloaded to disk F), lost of files (not all of the files extracted correctly), or works just fine (usually smaller size data)

You should not see the main screen in MemTest, it should show you the results of the testing. In addition, a CRC error on the hard drive indicates a failing drive. I hope you have backups of your data, the drive could fail without warning at any time.

sometimes I got that error message, and the computer restart, and everything just work as normal (I think). What is that mean. and what can I do about it ? also, constant freeze in games, and what I know is that one of my harddisk is failing, in Windows notification, it says "Restart to repair driver errors", I've done that many times, still not working, thanks.

1 hour ago, Illegal Squirrel said:

sometimes I got that error message, and the computer restart, and everything just work as normal (I think). What is that mean. and what can I do about it ? also, constant freeze in games, and what I know is that one of my harddisk is failing, in Windows notification, it says "Restart to repair driver errors", I've done that many times, still not working, thanks.

Most likely bad RAM. You should test it with MemTest86+

A failing hard drive can also be the root of many problems, and eventually it will die entirely. You should replace that very soon

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

13 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Most likely bad RAM. You should test it with MemTest86+

A failing hard drive can also be the root of many problems, and eventually it will die entirely. You should replace that very soon

So I've run the test overnight, and when I got back, I didn't see the result screen, instead I see the main menu(the first menu that appears after you boot MemTest), what's that mean ? should I test it again, or not ? btw, if I extract something to disk F(presumably the failed driver) its either data error (cyclic redundancy check, although, I think the error also happens if I extract it to another disk, since the error probably cause by the rar files it self that I've downloaded to disk F), lost of files (not all of the files extracted correctly), or works just fine (usually smaller size data)

2 hours ago, Illegal Squirrel said:

You should not see the main screen in MemTest, it should show you the results of the testing. In addition, a CRC error on the hard drive indicates a failing drive. I hope you have backups of your data, the drive could fail without warning at any time.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

yeah I've tested the hard disk with it official software, I think its called Data lifeguard ? its from Western Digital, it says there's something wrong, but can't fix it, I guess the problem is in the harddisk, just hope I got a replacement. thanks btw

Just now, Illegal Squirrel said:

yeah I've tested the hard disk with it official software, I think its called Data lifeguard ? its from Western Digital, it says there's something wrong, but can't fix it, I guess the problem is in the harddisk, just hope I got a replacement. thanks btw

Yup, a physical defect in the drive. WD software can't fix that. Once you get your drive sorted out with a new one, then we can work with the other issues. They might be related.

Good luck, let us know how it works out