Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tomoki

Help - Best IEM's for Under $150 USD???

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to look for some good recommendations/help on purchasing the best IEMs I can get for $150 USD or less. I need it to work with my OnePlus 3 Android phone however. My current IEMs are the Beyerdynamic ie 200. They do not work well with plane flights' infotanment system and are no good with my phone. They're good with a decent power source like my computer or work laptop. 

Alternatively, I would be open to the idea of closed back noise isolation or noise canceling over-ear headphones for about $200 USD or less as well. I'm just trying to look for the best thing I can use for my phone while waiting at the airport and on the plane with the infotanment system. I will be traveling but my current earbuds are no good. 

Help is very much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!! I'll be looking for some myself in the meantime. 

EDIT: I do not need to make phone calls and volume adjustments are optional to me. 

Depends on the sound signature you're looking for, but I'd say look at Shure SE215/315, Massdrop X Nuforce EDC3

Quote meee, quote meeee myy friend
PSU Tier List Floatplane Club

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer i30 GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB 2400MHz Motherboard: ASUS Z97-P PSU: FSP Raider S 750W OS Drive: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB Storage: 2 Seagate Barracuda 2TB drives in RAID1 Case: Zalman Z12 Monitor: LG 34UC88-B 34" 3440x1440p IPS curved Ultrawide Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Logitech MX Anywhere 2

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13"

Spoiler

Core i7 8550U, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen, dual Thunderbolt 3

1 hour ago, vojta.pokorny said:

Depends on the sound signature you're looking for, but I'd say look at Shure SE215/315, Massdrop X Nuforce EDC3

I would definitely need active noise canceling first priority and hopefully it works with both the plane and the phone. 

Then I'd consider being able to listen to whatever quality next because the current earphones I'm using can't do the first thing well. 

1 hour ago, 191x7 said:

Check audiobudget.com and their Leaderboard.

I will do that thank you :)

1 hour ago, tomoki said:

I would definitely need active noise canceling first priority and hopefully it works with both the plane and the phone. 

I see, active noise cancelling was not mentioned for the IEMs so... Not to mention that depending on the type of eartip you might not need it :)

Quote meee, quote meeee myy friend
PSU Tier List Floatplane Club

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer i30 GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB 2400MHz Motherboard: ASUS Z97-P PSU: FSP Raider S 750W OS Drive: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB Storage: 2 Seagate Barracuda 2TB drives in RAID1 Case: Zalman Z12 Monitor: LG 34UC88-B 34" 3440x1440p IPS curved Ultrawide Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Logitech MX Anywhere 2

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13"

Spoiler

Core i7 8550U, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen, dual Thunderbolt 3

5 hours ago, tomoki said:

Then I'd consider being able to listen to whatever quality next because the current earphones I'm using can't do the first thing well. 

I will do that thank you :)

If you want noise isolation, look into getting aftermarket ear tips from Comply. I have their isolation tips on my Klipsch R6 and it's incredible how little outside sound gets through, not to mention how much more comfortable they are. I noticed there's quite a bit more bass after changing from the included silicon tips (they were definitely lacking before and now they sound a little more bass heavy than I'd prefer) so keep in mind they may change the sound of your IEMs, but I'm very impressed with the isolation they provide.

On 3/22/2019 at 3:42 AM, vojta.pokorny said:

I see, active noise cancelling was not mentioned for the IEMs so... Not to mention that depending on the type of eartip you might not need it :)

Ah crap. ANC would be nice! Sound isolation is minimum! 

I think the 3 cone tip would be preferred if possible. I have a 3 cone tip and some foam earbuds that i could try on the IEMs if those fit

Everyone seems to be hyping moondrop kana's pro on audio boards and reviews. I know almost nothing about them sorry all I know is they fit around your budget

Main Desktop audio Setup topping d10---> monolith Alex Cavelli Liquid Spark--->Beyerdynamic dt 990 for gaming, Sennheiser hd 58x for everything else

My portable setup one plus 6T--->fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3

Other audio stuff you can feel free to ask about if you see me on the audio forum are AKG k240, AKG k 52, AKG y50bt, koss ksc 75, Sennheiser HD 4.40, Fiio e10k