Games choppy despite decent build

mercurialzu

I have a i7-4770, Gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb dual channel. OS on 240gb hp m700 ssd, games off WD 1tb hdd

However when I play some games or even casual windows usage, i get choppiness and lag. I thought it was a cpu issue so i changed from i5-4570 to i7-4770, no difference. I changed gtx780 to gtx1060, no difference. I changed os on hdd to ssd, no difference. Some help me!!

I'm currently playing FAR: Lone Sails, which is not a very demanding game, YET i get choppy gameplay! I ran task manager in background to see if my GPU was actually working and yes, it was, when I play the game. My memory usage is around 20-30%. CPU is barely above 10% I would say?

ANY IDEAS GUYS?

have you disabled your igpu on bios?

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

23 hours ago, zassou said:

have you disabled your igpu on bios?

tried it, still stuttering when i play the game

do you have other games, like csgo? run it and see if it's still choppy. alternatively heaven benchmark will do too.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

go to nvidia control panel go to 3d settings and restore to default and disable other game individual game settings

also if that doesnt work just use DDU Display driver uninstall or let gforce experience reinstall and do a clean driver install.