2x 4 Card Mining Rigs (R9 270X's)

DoubleY

Well, it's that time again. Let's get to building! (which will commence in a few hours when my father gets home :P) Also, can we please not turn this into a "this won't be profitable!!!1111" thread? Thanks <3

Here are some picture to make you wet in the mean time:

EuRGhny.jpg

lFmZG6U.jpg

1nUgfzg.jpg

Followed... Dis gona be gooood.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

FUCK OFF RICHBOY aka I love you bby

Anything BUT rich. Just smart with money. Played with stocks for a little while, earned some good money. Time to put it elsewhere :D

Anything BUT rich. Just smart with money. Played with stocks for a little while, earned some good money. Time to put it elsewhere  :D

A kid at my school did that and then bough two 780 EVGA Hydro Coppers the day they came out (along with a whole new system).  If you do it right, it can be extremely profitable

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Why several R9 270Xs and not higher end cards? You get more hash/s this way?

More KH/s per dollar. Currently the best value card. At $220 a piece, they get 400kh/s. Better compared to their older brother, the 280X. 630kh/s for $400

More KH/s per dollar. Currently the best value card. At $220 a piece, they get 400kh/s. Better compared to their older brother, the 280X. 630kh/s for $400

Interesting :)

And regarding energy consumption, does the  R9 270X  carry the value sweetspot too?

I'm just curious haha

Interesting :)

And regarding energy consumption, does the  R9 270X  carry the value sweetspot too?

I'm just curious haha

I tested a friends 270 (non x) and it pulled about 200 watts. Granted, that was a beefy OC. Not the electricity sweet spot though. But, power is cheap where I live :D

Dis gon b gud

dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Can't wait to see the rest of this build log. What coin are you going to be mining? If it is Litecoin I would suggest using this calculator to see roughly what you will be making, this is if you haven't already. http://ltc.kattare.com/calc.php Also, this isn't a hate post either. I would love to build a mining rig(s) but it's not worth it for my area, since the power cost is a bit higher. I hope you make some money with them!

Can't wait to see the rest of this build log. What coin are you going to be mining? If it is Litecoin I would suggest using this calculator to see roughly what you will be making, this is if you haven't already. http://ltc.kattare.com/calc.php Also, this isn't a hate post either. I would love to build a mining rig(s) but it's not worth it for my area, since the power cost is a bit higher. I hope you make some money with them!

Yes, this will be with Litecoin. And I have already used a calculator :P

New pictures (this message is for the followers)

Check the 2nd post in the thread :)

sweet

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

Those are some nice gpus you have there.... Can we be friends?

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

Good Luck! 

Becareful it's quite addicting :P

You're telling me to be careful? That room must literally heat your house! only 10 cards can heat my house, imagine what your cards can do!

Awesome man! I wish you lots of luck! As for the people who don't say it's profitable, none of us know what lies ahead in the future, what may not be profitable today may have have extreme retroactive profitability!  Then you can have the satisfaction of of proving them wrong!  This a picture of me mining Bitcoin, on a rig with one 6850, at the time the general consensus was that it was a complete waste of power.. turns out it wasn't!  Without risk there is no reward keep at it!post-7495-0-32921800-1390260338_thumb.pn