Graphics card upgrade help

Hello everyone,

So, I got a gaming pc around mid 2013 and I am still using to play some not so graphically demanding games. However, I would like to play the latest releases so, I am thinking of a graphics card upgrade.

As I am a noob in building my own pc, I came here to take your advice on what card to chose. One of my primary concerns is bottlenecking the performance of my graphics card with my old CPU. I am looking for playing at 1080p and Metro Exodus, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, AC Odyssey are some titles that I am interested in.

My current system is:

Intel Core i5-4570 3.2Ghz

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

2x8 GB RAM

Gigabyte B85M-HD3 mother board

126 GB SSD

1 TB HDD

I am considering buying either a GTX 1060 6GB, RX 580, RX 590 or GTX 1660 card. If bottlenecking is slightly present but wouldn't hurt the performance so much, than I could be okay with that but I would like to get the most out of the money I paid.

Anyway, thank you in advance for taking the time to reply to me, I am looking forward to any kind of advice, please point out any kind of oversight to me, I am always happy to learn.

4 minutes ago, opceryu said:

Metro Exodus, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, AC Odyssey

Well, sekiro is yet to be determined, but AC Odyssey is gonna want more CPU than you've got. If you want a decent way to avoid a bottleneck, a 1060 and an i7 4770 off eBay would be pretty decent

5 minutes ago, opceryu said:

Could be more specific, although it probably doesn't matter since you want to get rid of it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 minutes ago, opceryu said:

Hello everyone,

So, I got a gaming pc around mid 2013 and I am still using to play some not so graphically demanding games. However, I would like to play the latest releases so, I am thinking of a graphics card upgrade.

As I am a noob in building my own pc, I came here to take your advice on what card to chose. One of my primary concerns is bottlenecking the performance of my graphics card with my old CPU. I am looking for playing at 1080p and Metro Exodus, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, AC Odyssey are some titles that I am interested in.

My current system is:

Intel Core i5-4570 3.2Ghz

2x8 GB RAM

Gigabyte B85M-HD3 mother board

126 GB SSD

1 TB HDD

I am considering buying either a GTX 1060 6GB, RX 580, RX 590 or GTX 1660 card. If bottlenecking is slightly present but wouldn't hurt the performance so much, than I could be okay with that but I would like to get the most out of the money I paid.

Anyway, thank you in advance for taking the time to reply to me, I am looking forward to any kind of advice, please point out any kind of oversight to me, I am always happy to learn.

In ac odyssey you will definintely get a bottleneck. I have a i5 8400 and a vega 56 and it still bottlenecks.

15 minutes ago, Carz728 said:

In ac odyssey you will definintely get a bottleneck. I have a i5 8400 and a vega 56 and it still bottlenecks.

Because AC Origins and Odyssey is unoptimized as shit, it even performs horribly with an 8700K.

@opceryu

I really recommend the GTX 1660, the GTX 1060 is a bad deal unless you wanna buy it used and for 100-150$.

But still as others mentioned in Odyssey youll see huge bottlenecks and youll most likely bottleneck in the other games you mentioned as well but it will be less and probably enjoyable if you dont care about constant 60 FPS, you can upgrade to an i7 4770/4770K later though.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Oof i just checked your motherboard and it has only 2 VRM phases... i dont recommend putting the i7 4770 or 4770K then, get the GPU and upgrade your remaining system later, Ryzen 3rd gen is coming out soon and it will probably be really cheap for amazing performance.

22 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

I really recommend the GTX 1660,

Would you recommend the ti or the non ti version then? Also why not the AMD cards, don't they have more ram or something. Again I am a total noob, mostly asking to learn about it.

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

Well, sekiro is yet to be determined,

its already out yesterday. a rx570gtx / 1060 will overkill it at 1080p 60fps. just using under 80% usage

1 hour ago, opceryu said:

I am considering buying either a GTX 1060 6GB, RX 580, RX 590 or GTX 1660 card.

the rx 580 its better than the 1060 6gb at a lower price and I dont think the 590 its worth the higher price since its basically an overclocked 580. Either go for the 1660 or the 580, at 1080p they are perfect. 

As far as the games you said sekiro its not that hard to run. In metro exodus my cpu doesnt get above 60% usage (i7 3770 with rx 580) so I wouldnt worry to much about your cpu there. And the other game I dont really know it ?

5 hours ago, opceryu said:

Would you recommend the ti or the non ti version then? Also why not the AMD cards, don't they have more ram or something. Again I am a total noob, mostly asking to learn about it.

You can go with the RX 580/RX570 or a USED GTX 1060 if you wanna go cheaper, but the GTX 1660 is much faster than all of them and it's only 220$ sooo why not?

I don't really like recommending the 1660 Ti, you can get it too if you want, the end result will be the same because of the bottleneck, but it's a bit faster card, and you'll be able to take full advantage of it when you upgrade your whole PC, if you don't wanna upgrade your whole PC then save some money and go with a cheaper card, even the RX 570.